Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

Add on organizer p3dv4

do a Google search for 'free image hosting' and you should find plenty of options.

You will need to take a screenshot and post it to an image hosting website, then, having uploaded your picture to such a site, you can copy the online link to that image and paste that link into your post. There are lots of places you can find online which will allow you to upload images for free, some better than others, some of them have an annoying number of adverts (i.e. Photobucket, which used to be the place everyone used, but the amount of ads it has on it now make it difficult to recommend, however, if you can put up with the ads popping up, it does work well and is free).

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi, please if anyone can help me. Get those warnings and I can not know the reason.

<script async type="text/javascript" src="//mod.imgbb.com/website.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thank you, but even updating to the latest version 0.99 happens the same warnings. Don't know what to do....

if I uninstall it does it make any difference to the p3d? Is it a must?

6 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Thank you, but even updating to the latest version 0.99 happens the same warnings. Don't know what to do....

if I uninstall it does it make any difference to the p3d? Is it a must?

Uninstalling does not make any difference to P3D - the addon manage is completely independent.

But something rather severe must have happened to those files - the addon manager recognizes almost all valid encodings now. I suspect that they may have been changed to ASCII or UTF-8 without BOM.

Do you have Notepad++? With that editor you can change the encodings to the correct format

-> AppData\Roaming\...\add-ons.cfg must be in "UCS-2 Little Endian"

-> \...sode...\add-on.xml must be in "UTF-8"

If you want, use the "Contact Us" form on the Lorby-SI website to send me a message, and I will see what I can do with those files.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Τhank you so much for your support. Because I'm not so good to those please just tell me where to look for, yes I have notepad and I can make any changes you tell me. Any importand you tell me to do. For now I just uninstalled it so I don't get that warning loading p3d.

please if I ask, could you tell me the easiest explanation how to add Make Runways to p3d v4?

please advise my friend any time

George

43 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Τhank you so much for your support. Because I'm not so good to those please just tell me where to look for, yes I have notepad and I can make any changes you tell me. Any importand you tell me to do. For now I just uninstalled it so I don't get that warning loading p3d.

please if I ask, could you tell me the easiest explanation how to add Make Runways to p3d v4?

please advise my friend any time

George

The program that is required is called "Notepad++". https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

1. Make a backup copy of each file in the "incorrect encoding" message.
2. Open the file with Notepad++.
3. In the top menu bar there should be an entry “Encoding” - open that menu
3.a. For a *.cfg file select “UCS-2 Little Endian” (some versions call it "UCS-2 LE BOM")
3.b. For a "*.xml" file select "UTF-8" (some versions call it "UTF-8 BOM") = you need the UTF-8 version with BOM
3.c. Some versions of Notepad++ have "Encode" (top menu entries) and "Convert" (lower entries). Usually "Encode" is enough to change the encoding
4. Make sure that there aren’t any “funny characters” in the text of the file now
5. Save and close.

For MakeRwys to work it is currently required that my Addon Organizer is installed too.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

My friend thank you for the reply. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this procedure. If you have time and you really want to help me, I'm sure, I will send you my email and through Team viewer you could do that?

im not home at the moment, later afternoon I will be, I could send you username and password to do it please.

georgios.giannoukos@cytanet.com.cy

51 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

My friend thank you for the reply. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this procedure. If you have time and you really want to help me, I'm sure, I will send you my email and through Team viewer you could do that?

im not home at the moment, later afternoon I will be, I could send you username and password to do it please.

georgios.giannoukos@cytanet.com.cy

Hi,

Sorry, I don't do private consultation. That would cost you my usual hourly rate, which is 100€, plus German VAT (19%).

But to be honest, I haven't quite understood what the problem seems to be. Just change the encoding of the two files, as I have described above. You should really learn how to do that, because with P3D V4 this will happen again in the future - every time that you are using a not-really-V4-compatible installer or tool.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Downloaded your 'Lorby Prepar3D V4 Addon Organizer' yesterday and used it to install the carenado p31t, all went well. so thank you for a most useful tool. just a small minor point when I used the  Encoding check I got an error on one file - C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg. any suggestions of  how to correct it.

bob

I tried your suggestions as above with Notepad but I guess I need Notepad++