Sign in to follow this  
sparkyuk1

Just Flight Airbus Long Haul on Steam??

Hi, quite new to simming and def new to posting on forums, so apologies if i have posted this in the wrong place.

I recently bought some flight sim hardware from someone on eBay and they included with it the Just Flight Airbus Long Haul DVD.

It says on the box that it is for flight simulator X or 2004, however i cant get it to install on my PC.

After the splash screen appears and i choose FSX, then the language, it begins the wizard but then just stops and all dialog screens disappear?

I am running FSX Steam edition and i have windows 10 home.

Any help would be appreciated, as this 'lite' version is just what i would like, before moving on to something like the Aerosoft Airbus.

Many thanks.

Some guesses...

Are you sure it is the main add-on and not the expansion pack? There were two Airbus long haul offerings from Just Flight, one was the original add-on, the other was an expansion disk which added the A330 cargo version, MRRT version and the A330-200 version. If it is that expansion disk, you would of course need the original Long Haul expansion in order to install it.

Some older DVD expansions (not only from Just Flight) came out long before the Steam version of FSX existed, so they are expecting to find an FSX folder and config file in different locations. You can get around that by doing several things, such as creating a dummy FSX folder and a dummy config file where the DVD is expecting to find them, which will enable it to proceed with installation, and then with it installed you can then copy it over to the Steam FSX folder, or, if you are lucky, with some older expansions, you can point them at the FSX Steam Edition folder.

To try that stuff, the original (i.e. not the Steam version) of FSX was located here on a default install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

And the original config file was located here: C:\Users\'your name'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Many thanks Chock for replying so quick.

Nothing on the dvd box about it being an expansion pack.

I will try the dummy folder idea and see if that works.

The installer didn't give me the option to install to a particular directory.

I will let you know what happens, again many thanks for your time.

Hi, is it possible someone can give me some help on how to setup the dummy folders?

I made a FSX folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, but left it empty, is this correct?

Not sure what i need to do with the dummy config file? there is a fsx.config in C:\Users\'your name'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.
Do i need another, and what should it contain?

Thanks in advance.