Sign in to follow this  

World Traffic 3.0 - Preview

Here's a video of the developer showing of features of the upcoming World Traffic 3 for X-Plane. Looks like a potential game changer for X-Plane's AI traffic to me:

(Note: It's a bit hard to understand what he's saying because his audio setup isn't great. He'll maybe redo this so the audio quality is better.)

Thanks for posting  that. I've been waiting for WT3 for ages and it looks like it's almost here. I finally will have AI traffic to go along with decent ATC  in Pilot2ATC. 

Cheers

Tom

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Is this available for public use?  I'd like to give it a try.

9 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Is this available for public use?  I'd like to give it a try.

I think no. The developer recorded  this video himself.

Tom

I'm sorry I tried to watch this video but with the jet engines at max volume I only hear Blah blah. 

33 minutes ago, bgpearce01 said:

'm sorry I tried to watch this video but with the jet engines at max volume I only hear Blah blah. 

You are right, the audio could be better but one can see the potential of the addon. Btw, the developer does the coding for this very complex addon in his spare time. I'm impressed.

Tom

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hhbrbg said:

You are right, the audio could be better but one can see the potential of the addon. Btw, the developer does the coding for this very complex addon in his spare time. I'm impressed.

Tom

Absolutely. I shouldn't criticize I know his main concern is WT 3.0 I should of asked is there a feature list somewhere I could read? 

1 hour ago, J757 said:

Why do the aircraft all sound like the Level-D 767? Just an observation is all :huh:

It may be that it's an alpha version. I have World Traffic two and the turboprops sound like turboprops and the airliners sound like they should.

NAX669.png

Hopefully this is the first step to a mature traffic AI in the vein of MyTraffic/Ultimate Traffic/Traffic 360 for FSX/P3D. A LONG time coming for Xplane. Anxious to see it in action!

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On 6/23/2017 at 10:58 PM, Lenny777 said:

Hopefully this is the first step to a mature traffic AI in the vein of MyTraffic/Ultimate Traffic/Traffic 360 for FSX/P3D. A LONG time coming for Xplane. Anxious to see it in action!

Agreed. This is the only thing that has kept me from using X Plane full time. I prefer not to have an empty world. 

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Sorry about the audio in that video... I'll have to redo it.  There's a link to a better feature list here on the WT3 page:  http://www.classicjetsims.com/WorldTraffic/

I'm planning on releasing it on the 21st of Sept. 2017.  Fortunately I had some spare time between contract work to get this done.  It's been a long time in the making but there's about another 2000 hours of work on it and the lines of code has doubled since WT2 so it's a pretty huge update as far as updates go.  It's so easy to use now with auto-generated flights and taxi routes.  If the taxi network doesn't exist for an airport, not much I can do but they're pretty easy to create using the WED tool that comes with X-Plane.  I've created taxi networks for some smaller airports in less than an hour.  When I first created WT, it was mostly so I could create flights at a military base for one of my clients.  There was no such thing as taxi networks back then so I had no way of auto-generating ground routes so I'm glad that I finally got that in.

I have lots of stuff to add in still for WT3.1, mostly stuff that I find fun like more support for military aircraft and routes and fighters that will intercept you if you go near restricted airspace or if you deviate from your flight plan.  They won't shoot you down though but they could.  I already have a combat interface for my CF-104 so you'll actually be able to shoot down AI planes if you want to create military missions with hordes of Russian Bear aircraft approaching your coast for example.  WT also supports land and sea traffic from its early days so more targets there.  I don't think anyone has made use of that functionality but it's there.  For 3.1 I'll also add a user interface for the Airport Operations file. The features list describes what that can do.  I also want to finish adding in support for creating flights for different eras.  I have very few aircraft models for older planes but the aircraft definition files have fields for years of operation so it wouldn't be hard to generate flights for the year 1967 for example.  Maybe that's not something that's too useful as there aren't a lot of vintage airports but it's not hard to implement.

• Upvote 4

On 6/23/2017 at 4:08 PM, J757 said:

Why do the aircraft all sound like the Level-D 767? Just an observation is all :huh:

Not sure where you heard sounds, but I use the X-Plane sounds for the various aircraft types.  In fact I think my sounds sound better than what you get with X-Plane.  I provide 3D sounds which X-Plane doesn't even support.  By that I mean, if the plane is approaching from the right, the sound level out of the right speaker will be higher.  Also sounds are different in regards to volume and type if you're viewing the plane from behind or ahead of it as I've augmented the sounds with extra ones of my own.  I wish I could load more variety of sounds but the OpenAL interface only lets me load a fixed number before it won't load anything... still not sure why that is... need to investigate that more.