Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Virtualcol CRJ Update Released!

It may not be the Aerosoft CRJ, but it's actually here, comes with 4 variants (200, 700, 900, 1000) and lots of liveries.

Certainly not a top tier VC, but for the price point this looks like a fair package, I will likely pick it up this weekend.  I do have to say that from the pictures on Simmarket the VC does look to be a step up from their previous releases.

P3Dv4 compatible.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Huge amount of repaints. I bought their Saab for P3D. Left a lot to be desired. Not sure about this. So you'll be the reviewer?lol

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Look like its 2005 quality. No thanks

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

2 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Look like its 2005 quality. No thanks

If you squint really, really hard it actually looks very 2008.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Thank you for the info on the release!!! They might not be an Aerosoft or PMDG with complex systems but they are very frame rate friendly and gives me good performance.Their Shorts Pack is my favorite,the VC on this one(Shorts) looks Great on P3D!!

unfortunately NO customer service on problems and or fixes that are needed just thin promises so it is a NO buy from me....

Nick Sciortino

Virtualcol add ons are great and personally, they are one of my favourite developers. Whilst I would never try to convince anyone that Virtualcol's add-ons are anything other than cheap and cheerful aircraft, I remain a big fan of them as a developer for their virtues other than super realism, and they never claim anything otherwise. In the words of Simmarket:

'Virtualcol FS Software is a company dedicated to development for beginners and flightsimmers who search enjoy the flight simulation with no professional knowlenge but with better models to low cost'

Eschewing super fidelity, they have many other attributes to recommend them; they are very inexpensive, most of them work in any version of an ESP-based sim, you usually get several aircraft variants, the external models are good, you get a ton of liveries with most of their aeroplanes, and a decent paint kit, they get stunning frame rates, and not forgetting one of the most important things of all... in my experience their support is excellent if you have any issues.

That's never going to convince someone who flies PMDG and FSL jets to try one, but if you are the sort of person who sometimes wants to just 'jump in and fly', rather than someone who insists on accurately simulating everything down to the packets of coffee the cabin crew are using, then give them a try. And it won't cost you a lot to do so, one or two of their add-ons are less than a tenner, for example, their Cessna T303 Crusader for FSX/P3D is only about six quid. And I can certainly recommend their ATR72/42 package and their Shorts 360 ones, as they are really great fun to fly.

• Upvote 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

One other thing worth considering with simpler add-on aeroplanes in our fancy flight simulators, is that whilst 64 bit has of course meant we are less likely to get an OOM alert or crash, quite a lot of flight simmers are not simply running FSX or P3D on its own, they have things such as EFB running, Active Sky, Pro ATC, FS Passengers, they're using a wirelessly connected iPad as a moving map, they've got photo terrain installed, super-detailed add-on airports, AI traffic add-ons, etc, etc. Now if you stick something like the FSL A320 with high res textures on into that mix, it's going to add considerably to the workload, whereas if you use say, the Virtualcol ATR42, that thing is not really much tougher on frames than an FS default Cessna.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I bought this because I just needed a CRJ as I've been enjoying the CRJs in XP11. First, very unclear install instructions. There are two files. readme doesn't help. The Vcol_crjsrspx.exe you install first. Then the Vcol_crjsrsp3d4.exe. You would be forgiven if you installed the latter first with the p3d notation but no.

In any event, the outside model is ok and with the huge amount of repaints makes it a decent impression. Inside, the usual low resolution textures on various cabin areas. The panels are fine though. Nothing to rave about but actually ok. There is a clickable small panel on the main panel which gives you quick access to the overhead, FMS, etc.Overhead has ok systems modeling. The FMS is simply a nice improvisation of the native GNS so load up a flightplan and there it is. In fact I created a flightplan with EFASS NG, ( ENBR/ENVA) exported it to P3Dv4, loaded it up from the flightplan area of P3Dv4 and voila it nicely appeared complete with Altitudes re flight level and descent altitudes. I understand it is based on Marchiano's fms.

As can be expected the FPS gains by such a plane are huge. On the payware new ENBR airport docked at the jetway easily 50 fps or so. In the air averaging  around 85 fps not locked.That's with ActiveSky and heavy cloud cover with rain and 30% MyTraffic.

The flight model is actually ok. Follows the FMS flightplan without a hitch. 

Now for plus 22.00 euros that translates to 36 Canadian. Steep for such a basic model. But leaving aside some of those issues, with the huge amount of repaints and variants, how it flys, the modified FMS I think it is a very decent series of CRJs with great FPS. Far better than their Saab plane which I had for P3D 32 bit.

Installation is terrible.  Could someone please give me a good root map for installation.  I have it in the sim but there is no FMC at all.  It is a blank panel on the pedestal. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, kenthom said:

Installation is terrible.  Could someone please give me a good root map for installation.  I have it in the sim but there is no FMC at all.  It is a blank panel on the pedestal. 

Thanks

I actually used the new Migration tool and then installed Vcol_crjsrspx.exe. It went right to P3Dv4 folder. Then Vcol_crjsrsp3d4.exe. . Without that migration tool I'm assuming you exe the first file to the P3Dv4 folder then the p3d4 file.

I have a few other VirtualCol products, and when compared to them, their CRJ release is an improvement regarding graphics. Still, don't expect top tier fidelity. However, with a coupon code I have, I managed to pick it up for $17 USD, I'm very happy so far for what I intend to use it for.

1 hour ago, kenthom said:

Thanks

As far as installation is concerned, the readme is pretty clear, I'm not sure why you may be confused.

Both exes get installed into your main fsx/p3d folder. Run the main exe first and If you are running p3dv4, you then run Vcol_crjsrsp3d4.exe and install into your main p3d folder. easy.

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

That's what I did and the plane is in the sim.  However, I am missing the FMC.  It is just a blank panel.  So I thought I must have put something in the wrong place.  Anyone have this issue or a suggestion?

37 minutes ago, kenthom said:

That's what I did and the plane is in the sim.  However, I am missing the FMC.  It is just a blank panel.  So I thought I must have put something in the wrong place.  Anyone have this issue or a suggestion?

I will check my fmc later tonight and let you know.

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads