Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Virtualcol CRJ Update Released!

I run V4 as well.  The exe did not have a designated install path.  So do I put them in C:.Program Files>Lockheed Martin, OR, both of them in C:Program Files>Lockheed Martin>P3Dv4?  I did the latter.

Within P3Dv4>Guages I have

Vcol_crjsrs

Vcol_crjsrsa

Vcol_fmcxml

Vcol_gservice

Vcol_simicons

VcolEasyFMC.dll

The planes are in P3Dv4>SimObjects>Airplanes

Everything seems to work except the FMC is not present.  

Thanks for your assistance.

13 hours ago, regis9 said:

It may not be the Aerosoft CRJ, but it's actually here, comes with 4 variants (200, 700, 900, 1000) and lots of liveries.

Certainly not a top tier VC, but for the price point this looks like a fair package, I will likely pick it up this weekend.  I do have to say that from the pictures on Simmarket the VC does look to be a step up from their previous releases.

P3Dv4 compatible.

Just took it for a test flight. Love it! I usually use the default FSX CRJ for both Vatsim and general flying, so this is very welcome. I've never been the study sim type anyway, so I really appreciate Virtualcol's stuff. I have the Dash 8  and the E-Jets as well, and the CRJ VC is definitely improved over them. Well worth the very reasonable price tag.

And the best part is...

you can actually buy it!!

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Virtualcol routinely offers 50% of their products too; so, if you exercise a little patience, you can probably pick this package up for 11 USD in the near future....

Matt King

Fixed the FMC with a reinstall.  Pretty basic plane but sometimes you just want an easy flight.  A good tuneup for the Aerosoft CRJ.

Pretty decent plane, IMHO, but the flight model is a bit crazy. I hope they update that. Way too powerful.

Waiting at least for a halfway decent video review on youtube maybe. My previous experiences with this companies CRJ and support still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

This is just my opinion but I would say it's worth the twenty-something dollars because you get a working FMC and a lot of liveries. I installed mine to Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\VCOLCRJ. Used the add-on XML file for add-on's and added the plane to my simobjects.cfg and everything works. I hope to change the aircraft.cfg to slow that thing down, there is no way this aircraft is that quick. 

Yeah the flight model on descent and landing is that it is way too HOT. Big time use of airbrakes. Also I had issues capturing the localizer but this may just be isolated. I'll have to try another ILS landing but on both occasions I ended up disengaging the AP and hand flying it in but I basically pulled the throttle back to idle a couple of miles out just to slow it down. It does hand fly fairly well though.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I don't have this pack (yet) but generally I like the models. It is far from what I normally fly (Majestic Q400/FSlabs A320) but it is fun to use them on small flights in horrific weather (possible due to the low frame hit) 

I also use http://www.ifms-fs.com/ on an iPad to control the Autopilot and plan the route (Boeing FMS style) 

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

I approach this with trepidation, especially as there seems to be doubt as to whether it installs automatically or needs extra knowledge. Why should a for v4 add-on need a migrator to install it?

I had the ATR, but was stumped by the extraordinary English in the manual, and therefore found the add-on almost worthless.

I learned the hard way that Virualcol offers no support.

Otherwise I will await the Aerosoft version.

Can anyone give me an idea (a) that the package installs automatically into v4 and, (b) whether there is a manual, and it is readable.

17 minutes ago, Ian McPhail said:

Can anyone give me an idea (a) that the package installs automatically into v4 and, (b) whether there is a manual, and it is readable.

Yes - there are two installers. If your running V4 you run both. Yes there is a manual, and yes it is readable. 

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

16 minutes ago, Ian McPhail said:

I approach this with trepidation, especially as there seems to be doubt as to whether it installs automatically or needs extra knowledge. Why should a for v4 add-on need a migrator to install it?

I had the ATR, but was stumped by the extraordinary English in the manual, and therefore found the add-on almost worthless.

I learned the hard way that Virualcol offers no support.

Otherwise I will await the Aerosoft version.

Yes, it installs automatically. The installer has you browse to the main sim folder that you want to install into, whether it be FSX, P3D v2, v3 or v4. If you install it into v4, then there is a small update installer that you have to run. It installs into the simobjects/airplanes folder, so if you are an xml purist, then it may not be for you. Personally, I don't really care where it installs. I may be sorry down the road, as some have warned, but, hey, what the heck, right?

Besides, it's only $25.00. Go for it! Just don't expect a study sim, and you may be surprised.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I have done it, and I am surprised that it flies so well.

Two questions:

The P3d4 flightplanner only allows the dep and arr aiport.   If you select High Altitude and IFR, there is no generate flightplan button, meaning that there is nothing more than the two end points and only if you physically move the line can the route be varied.

Next, how can I get rid of the control column in order to reach the panel to change the nav source,ND range etc. It must be obvious but I can't find either a view or a way to remove the column in the manual so far.

3 hours ago, Ian McPhail said:

Next, how can I get rid of the control column in order to reach the panel to change the nav source,ND range etc.

Before I buy this I would also like to know if it's possible to get rid of the control column