Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Virtualcol CRJ Update Released!

Installed it last night, everything works but do agree that the flight dynamics need a tweek, a 280 knt 1800 fpm decent with the power levers back should not become an overspeed issue.  But at leasr this company is making efforts to move beyond!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sirxamoc said:

Installed it last night, everything works but do agree that the flight dynamics need a tweek, a 280 knt 1800 fpm decent with the power levers back should not become an overspeed issue.  But at leasr this company is making efforts to move beyond!

Check out this thread in the P3D Tweak forum:

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Just found out that there is an update to the Virtualcol CRJs. I can't find any release notes, so I can't say what problems it addresses. Here is a link to their News page:

https://www.virtualcol.com/products.php?kcmdlnk=noticias

Please report back after testing it and let us know what is different!

Russ

• Upvote 1

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

7 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Just found out that there is an update to the Virtualcol CRJs. I can't find any release notes, so I can't say what problems it addresses. Here is a link to their News page:

Russ

thanks for the research and the update. Will be sure to let you know when I find whats changed. 

8 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Russ

Well, I just flew the -200 from Molokai to Hilo (Hawaii) with the update installed, and without my tweak. Flew very well, so it looks like they addressed the drag issue, but I didn't notice any other changes.

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

My one question is in its current state can flights be planned using pfpx in terms of getting correct fuel consumption rate and cruise flight levels and calculating take off speeds ?

Bilal Asif Khan

1 hour ago, biloo said:

My one question is in its current state can flights be planned using pfpx in terms of getting correct fuel consumption rate and cruise flight levels and calculating take off speeds ?

Are there profiles out there for the CRJ?. I have PFPX and Topcat.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Maybe it's me being stupid (probably), but is there anyway to turn off the dome light/spotlight yet still have the panel lights on?  I've tried flicking every light switch I can find, but they seem to be tied to each other.  Maybe that's how it works in the real aircraft, but it's killing night flying when flying through clouds and the clouds in front of you are lit up super bright,  then trying to look out of your left hand window through a break in the cloud to get your bearings and it's really hard to make anything out.

It's really annoying.  Any help appreciated thanks!

Bit of a faff to get the update file, have send them all your purchase details, they check it with the shop, then they email you when they can be arsed, so at the moment, not got the patch. Last time I did that for a patch to one of their products it came pretty quick but this time it's taking a while. They really could do with a better system.

Was hoping to use it in Air Hauler, but with an add-on like that, where you can literally write off your multi-million dollar fleet aircraft in a dodgy landing, there is no way I'm risking putting that in my fleet until I can do a final approach where it's coming in at under 250 knots lol.

Update: Just to be completely fair to them, I have now got the update. Took about 20 mins to get the email through though, so not exactly instantaneous.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just now, Chock said:

Bit of a faff to get the update file, have send them all your purchase details, they check it with the shop, then they email you when they can be arsed, so at the moment, not got the patch. Last time I did that for a patch to one of their products it came pretty quick but this time it's taking a while. They really could do with a better system.

If you bought it at the Virtualcol store, go to the store page and log in to your account . Then go to Updates Available on the main menu and download and run the update file. If you bought it somewhere else, then I guess you'll have to wait. Probably off for the weekend...

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Just now, b1bmsgt said:

If you bought it at the Virtualcol store, go to the store page and log in to your account . Then go to Updates Available on the main menu and download and run the update file. If you bought it somewhere else, then I guess you'll have to wait. Probably off for the weekend...

Russ

Nah, as noted in an edit to my post, it did show up after about 20 mins, that was buying it from Real Flight Shop. Noticed that the update file (which is 5.4 Mb in size in case anyone was curious) doesn't point at P3D folder by default though, it aims for the Steam version of FSX default installation folder.

Alan Bradbury

Just now, Chock said:

Nah, as noted in an edit to my post, it did show up after about 20 mins, that was buying it from Real Flight Shop. Noticed that the update file (which is 5.4 Mb in size in case anyone was curious) doesn't point at P3D folder by default though, it aims for the Steam version of FSX default installation folder.

I guess I read your post before you updated it. Glad you got it. It addresses the lack of drag pretty well. The standby attitude indicator is still inop, however...

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Not even sure if that patch has installed properly, still seems to be coming in like a meteor.

Alan Bradbury

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

Not even sure if that patch has installed properly, still seems to be coming in like a meteor.

I just ran it and pointed it to my main P3D folder... Works good for me.

Did you try my aircraft.cfg tweak before installing the update? If so, check your aircraft.cfg. If the update installed, the tweaked entries should be back to default.

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)