Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Virtualcol CRJ Update Released!

I installed the update and have flown the CRJ-900.

The drag issue has been resolved, but now the aircraft is underpowered. For some reason the Virtualcol developers decided to lower the thrust to 10970 lbs, but in reality the engines produce about 13000 lbs.  I don't understand why they did this.

I've corrected this in the aircraft config file and will do a test flight soon.

Overall I like Virtualcol's CRJ.  I'm sure Aerosoft's would be better, but those guys have been promising a CRJ for over 5 years and have yet to deliver. 

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

On 6/24/2017 at 9:26 AM, 4L0M said:

Maybe it's me being stupid (probably), but is there anyway to turn off the dome light/spotlight yet still have the panel lights on?  I've tried flicking every light switch I can find, 

It's really annoying.  Any help appreciated thanks!

I am not sure if it's your issue or not but I know having the landing lights on in v4 lights up the interior as well. If it's not the landing lights causing your issue then you can go into your config file and rename the .fx of the overhead light to .fx.bak so that the overhead light does not work but then you have the issue of the overhead light not working at all. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, airplaneguru84 said:

Is anyone experiencing porpoising at cruise? I'm currently in a flight from KMSP to KGTF, and while cruising at FL320, I'm getting some major porpoising with the autopilot on. I'm using the patch/update.

yes, I am with 200.

On 6/25/2017 at 7:52 AM, dave2013 said:

I installed the update and have flown the CRJ-900.

The drag issue has been resolved, but now the aircraft is underpowered. For some reason the Virtualcol developers decided to lower the thrust to 10970 lbs, but in reality the engines produce about 13000 lbs.  I don't understand why they did this.

I've corrected this in the aircraft config file and will do a test flight soon.

Overall I like Virtualcol's CRJ.  I'm sure Aerosoft's would be better, but those guys have been promising a CRJ for over 5 years and have yet to deliver. 

Dave

You need to visit their forums, read and you'll find out why it has taken this long.

I have only flown the 700 one time since the update. It does seem to cruise better now. I set my trim to 5.0 and it popped a wheelie on the runway during takeoff. I guess it doesn't need that much trim. I have not flown it enough to really tell if it's underpowered now. 

Flying the 200 now. It does seem underpowered but that could just be me. I can tell you that at times there is some plane movement showing turbulence and then there are times when the plane rocks back and forth like cradle. 

Edited by CodeNameRedNeck

2 hours ago, CodeNameRedNeck said:

Ithen there are times when the plane rocks back and forth like cradle. 

Funny, I don't get that at all. All CRJ models are rock steady in my sim...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

4 hours ago, airplaneguru84 said:

I feel like the patch has now made it underpowered. The pendulum swung from one end to the other... Am I alone on this? 

Yep since the update. Flying the 900 I had trouble reaching 310. Kept losing power and going nose up. I had to settle for FL210. Something weird they played with.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

13 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Yep since the update. Flying the 900 I had trouble reaching 310. Kept losing power and going nose up. I had to settle for FL210. Something weird they played with.

Exactly what happened to me. Could not get to flight level with out stalling. I've since reinstalled the pre patched version and then modified the .cfg with b1bmsgt's tweaks.

• Upvote 2

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

On 6/26/2017 at 11:04 AM, joemiller said:

You need to visit their forums, read and you'll find out why it has taken this long.

And where is this forum?? Don't see anywhere on their site. 

Actually, it doesn't matter, I'm done with this plane. Already uninstalled/deleted.

Should have know better, and they gave it auto throttles as well.lol.

19 hours ago, airplaneguru84 said:

Exactly what happened to me. Could not get to flight level with out stalling. I've since reinstalled the pre patched version and then modified the .cfg with b1bmsgt's tweaks.

yeah this worked for me originally and i still stuck with b1bmsgt's tweak after the upgrade and the planes flew great after. I believe they rushed a patch without testing. This is my first VirtualCol purchase under Chocks lengthy sales pitch. Though its not a study sim, it-is-what-it-is for the price and you do get alot. I'm mediocre happy with it.

Not really a sales pitch, just an appraisal of what Virtualcol's add-ons are, and my experience with them; which in short is: They are cheap and cheerful with decent frame rates, so don't expect a study sim, but do expect to have some fun with them.

It's up to everyone themselves if want to go with that. :cool:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 6/17/2017 at 1:11 PM, regis9 said:

It comes with 4 variants (200, 700, 900, 1000) and lots of liveries.

Certainly not a top tier VC,

The days of being wowed by liveries and 'variants' alone are over.  That's so FS9.

For me, if you can't do something properly, there's no point in doing it at all.  An airliner of any kind is a complex machine and should be modelled accordingly.  

While i understand that a market will always exist for less complex (slapdash) simulations/models - (which in the FS9 days and before did appeal to me), they no longer have the same appeal.  

32 minutes ago, ErichB said:

The days of being wowed by liveries and 'variants' alone are over.  That's so FS9.

For me, if you can't do something properly, there's no point in doing it at all.  An airliner of any kind is a complex machine and should be modelled accordingly.  

While i understand that a market will always exist for less complex (slapdash) simulations/models - (which in the FS9 days and before did appeal to me), they no longer have the same appeal.  

Different strokes for different folks...  While some love to pore over the manuals and see the ammeter jump a millimeter when you switch on the landing light, others prefer things a little simpler so we can just go fly... Nothing wrong with either one. Because I fall into the latter category, I love the Virtualcol aircraft! Simple and fun to fly...

Russ

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)