Sign in to follow this  
Fede.

I'm back! New PC build for 4K

Hello everyone!
I've been away from simulators for few years and now is time for me to come back flying in conjunction with the release of Prepar3D v4 and Plane 11 which looks insane for VFR flights.

Since I have the LG Ultrafine 5K Display that I use with the new MacBook Pro, I'd like to take advantage of this gorgeous monitor for Prepar3D (only 4k as max resolution with Windows).

I'm building my rig with a :
i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz Kaby Lake 
Asus STRIX GTX 1080 TI
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB RAM
2 x Samsung SSD 1 for Windows and one for P3D

Does anyone use Prepard3D v4 in 4K resolution? 
With the GTX 1080 TI I expect to fly in dense areas max settings, ORBX, AI traffic, 747 PMDG etc with constant 30 fps in 4K.

Is it possible or I'm still dreaming?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Fede. said:

Hello everyone!
I've been away from simulators for few years and now is time for me to come back flying in conjunction with the release of Prepar3D v4 and Plane 11 which looks insane for VFR flights.

Since I have the LG Ultrafine 5K Display that I use with the new MacBook Pro, I'd like to take advantage of this gorgeous monitor for Prepar3D (only 4k as max resolution with Windows).

I'm building my rig with a :
i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz Kaby Lake 
Asus STRIX GTX 1080 TI
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB RAM
2 x Samsung SSD 1 for Windows and one for P3D

With the GTX 1080 TI I expect to fly in dense areas max settings, ORBX, AI traffic, 747 PMDG etc with constant 30 fps in 4K.

Is it possible or I'm still dreaming?

Thank you!

Yes it is very possible in P3d V4.  I'm using 4K resolution with a 7700k and GTX980.  I still don't know how this is possible but 1080p, 1440p, and 4K all run the same FPS on my system.  P3d v4 is the only program I can run at 4K.  Anything else I have to run at 1440p including xplane 11.

Matt Wilson

5 hours ago, Fede. said:

Nope no one does! LOL

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I run p3d V4 on a 4k Samsung 32" monitor, and can maintain 30 fps without stutters or blurries in all but the heaviest clouds in dense urban areas.  Even then, it can drop as low as 24.  Perfectly acceptable for my purposes.  Not a pipe dream at all.  Sliders are mostly to the right.  No joke.  i7-6700k @ 5.0, 1080gtx, 32gb 3200 ram.

Same here. With a 1080ti. Only problem is dynamic lights.