Sign in to follow this  
angeli662

UK2000 for P3Dv4

Just looked into my account and it has a P3Dv4 installer just in case someone are interested.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

For which airport??  That hub of activity called Norwich?? 

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, tooting said:

For which airport??  That hub of activity called Norwich?? 

I have for Edinburgh Airport.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Nothing in my account for EGPH - Edinburgh Airport  that say it's have a P3D V4 installer.

BTW, Norwich is the only updated scenery so far, and to install into V4 you need the new installer 
http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=8864.0

The progress can be followed here: http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?board=358.0

Ah interesting because on the forum he said he wants to do all the UK airports first in P3D 3x and fsx before updating his 2 biggest sellers lgw and lhr.  😲😲😲  so he wants to loose sales and create airports that no one with buy.  Matthias from aerosoft always says his titles are largely sold to people who live near an airport.  I guess Gary knows what he's doing 

where as fsl are going to be releasing v4 then the sp1.  Creating more sales $$$$$$$ then fixing the product they just sold (about a year ago).  

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

17 minutes ago, tooting said:

Ah interesting because on the forum he said he wants to do all the UK airports first in P3D 3x and fsx before updating his 2 biggest sellers lgw and lhr.  😲😲😲  so he wants to loose sales and create airports that no one with buy.  Matthias from aerosoft always says his titles are largely sold to people who live near an airport.  I guess Gary knows what he's doing 

where as fsl are going to be releasing v4 then the sp1.  Creating more sales $$$$$$$ then fixing the product they just sold (about a year ago).  

You're assuming that everyone is rushing to move to V4. A lot of people will stay with V3 or FSX for the foreseeable future. Maybe Gary feels an obligation to take care of those customers who have already purchased his scenery.

• Upvote 4

NAX669.png

I'm not assuming that, I'm assuming fsl are motivated by sales not by fiximg their bug ridden product. Ill agree with you on Gary though.  I also think once that NGX and airbus (fsl or aerosoft) comes over people will flock to v4 

14ppkc-6.png

43 minutes ago, tooting said:

I'm not assuming that, I'm assuming fsl are motivated by sales not by fiximg their bug ridden product. Ill agree with you on Gary though.  I also think once that NGX and airbus (fsl or aerosoft) comes over people will flock to v4 

I own both the NGX and the FSL A320 and will eventually move to v4, but I haven't seen anything yet that pushes me to do it right now. That's unusual for me. I'm usually a first day buyer.

NAX669.png

To put the record straight.....Gary is updating his airports one at a time to make them install and work in P3D v4. This does not mean that they will have been totally converted for use in the new version. That will have to wait until a later date. Norwich is the only airport that has been updated at the moment, but I think that Manchester should be ready in the next few days. A lot more work is required to make the UK2000 Xtreme airports completely P3D v4 compatible (ie. to take advantage of the new features etc), and Gary still wants to complete his list of UK airports for P3D v3/FSX/FS2004 first before doing this.

Please remember that not everyone is only interested in the largest airports. There are plenty of UK2000 users (myself included) that want to see as many UK regional airports upgraded to Xtreme status as possible. I only fly around the UK and Ireland, so high quality versions of airports like EGSH Norwich and EGNJ Humberside (to quote two examples) are highly desirable.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This is always going to be a circular argument. People will move to P3Dv4, by and large, as the attractions provided by the developers get stronger. Developers will concentrate their efforts on P3Dv4 when they see their customers moving to it.

I would much prefer to see most developers concentrating on P3Dv4 development to enable my conversion to happen as soon as possible. I don't have any interest in prolonging the 'old world' with all its inadequacies and restrictions.:rolleyes:

Just my two pennyworth!

• Upvote 5

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

To put the record straight.....Gary is updating his airports one at a time to make them install and work in P3D v4. This does not mean that they will have been totally converted for use in the new version. That will have to wait until a later date. Norwich is the only airport that has been updated at the moment, but I think that Manchester should be ready in the next few days. A lot more work is required to make the UK2000 Xtreme airports completely P3D v4 compatible (ie. to take advantage of the new features etc), and Gary still wants to complete his list of UK airports for P3D v3/FSX/FS2004 first before doing this.

Please remember that not everyone is only interested in the largest airports. There are plenty of UK2000 users (myself included) that want to see as many UK regional airports upgraded to Xtreme status as possible. I only fly around the UK and Ireland, so high quality versions of airports like EGSH Norwich and EGNJ Humberside (to quote two examples) are highly desirable.

Hi Chris...

That's great. I already have EGPP & EGCC running quite well with V4 - although without those 6 files that Gary lists as

being incompatible. Both are great sceneries. I'm having a ball with both and Dino's EF2000/A2A's Cherokee 180.

Both airports are fantastic - populated with JF's Traffic360 (All installed using Oliver's Util).

Incidentally - for those V4 non-believers - I'm getting something like a 10-15% increase at times in my FR under identical scenarios..a few micro stutters, which I can live with for now.

I'm sure that Gary will not disappoint us.

Regards

Bill

Being a big fan of UK2000's stuff - and I happily admit that is because I live in the UK near Manchester Airport and fly to a lot of other UK airports too - I'll be happy to see them available for V4 of P3D, but I'd rather see them done right and I'm sure the dev would too, and so I'm not expecting, nor wishing them to be rushed out the door.

As Chris said on a post above in regard to which should get tarted up first, it's true, not everyone wants to just fly out of just Heathrow, especially UK pilots. I can certainly understand why US simmers into driving their PMDG 747s and 777s to Blighty from over the pond would want a decent Heathrow add-on, but I suspect many pilots (both sim and real) in the UK would probably want to avoid it, especially if they wanted to fly an aircraft without BA on the tail, so they didn't have to taxy past forty miles of stands allocated to BA lol.

Personally, if you are looking for a really cool airport in the UK which few people outside the UK would go to, then Aberdeen is an excellent choice; if you've ever been there for real, you will know that it's mental, it's like being at Basra or some such, with dozens of helicopters taxying around the place (servicing the many oil and gas platforms out in the North Sea which make Aberdeen something of a gold-rush town when you wander around it) and inbetween those choppers all over the apron, there are a ton of Dash 8s coming and going from what always looks like a scarily short runway as you turn onto it and see it looking very foreshortened when lining up. Definitely one of those fun sim places to take a whirlybird or something like an ATR-72 or Dash 8.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On my account I found a UK2000 Installer (for P3Dv4) but no description how to use it.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

17 hours ago, angeli662 said:

Just looked into my account and it has a P3Dv4 installer just in case someone are interested.

Well I did take another decision this time,  to abandon the old FS9 / FS10 UK2000 scenery from him because it's nice from him to support the old FS9 stuff but I moved on.

Not going to use old legacy stuff anymore while however the default airport / scenery in P3Dv4 is still is FSX stuff lol

Did a lot of UK flying, but that will temporary shift till someone else will step in for the UK, or he is going to make native P3Dv4 stuff.
Time to move forward here local too...

André