Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

How to write an adventure for FS9

Hi everybody,Right now I'm flying VFR Guide Greek Islands by Jaap van Hees. I like these small adventures for GA planes like the Cessna 172 etc.I would like to make some adventures myself. Somebody knows where I can find a kind of tutorial on how to make such adventures (weather creation, AI aircrafts etc) ??Kind RegardsLars

What I mean by "adventure" is not something advanced. I mean planning a small trip with some weather and maybee a little bit of AI-aircrafts on your departure. Then save it so one can "select" the flight again instead of having to "create" it again when starting up FS9. How do I manage to do that?BRLars

Guest RonB49

Hi Lars,Couldn't you set up your weather, load your flightplan, and then save your flight (press the ; key). When you restart, you can just recall this flight and your all ready to go. R-

2 questions then:1) If I fly from A to B is it possible then to make the weather change deliberately along the tour. For instance sunshine and clear weather the first 25 miles and then rainy weather and low visib

Hi again,The VFRGuides consists of 4 file-types situated in the FS9/Flights/VFRGuides Greek Islands folder.2 of these (HTM + JPG) is for a short intro before the actual trip and consists of some text and a little map.A *.WX file is for the weather I guess?A *.FLT file contains some information about the title and description of the fligt, the start postion of the aircraft and other things.Does somebody know where I can find some more info about the *.WX and *.FLT files?How do I create these two file-types (*.WX and *.FLT)?BRLars

Start with the Adventure Basic Language (ABL) SDKwhich is downloadable from the Microsoft FS site.

Hi Lars,You can make the FLT file by making an FS flightplan in the build in planning tool. The WX is the weatherfile. If you create a flight, do a download of the current weather then save the flight again it will have a WX file with that weather for you.You could also use a weather theme there are utilities that can create a weather theme for you in the file library. -> http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=79703Succes with your adventure creating,Harry

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest Kingair315

You can use FSNav, even the free version.Load the map, chose your airfield.Pick waypoints for the flight you want to take like a "Round Robin" going from field to field in a loop around all the Islands. Picking our waypoints along the way, from airfields or just by right clicking on a spot on the map, and sending it to the flightplan. Maybe pick the Carribean or another part of the world. You could choose the Greek Islands, and make a different routing, etc. If you want to get a good view of all the route, in FSNav, change the max altitude for the aircraft, to one 2000' above the highest mountain,etc...Save it in FS2004, and it will use the current weather or one you choose in weather, each time you load it. Pick your own ... or leave it open to choose current weather each time you load it, giving you variations on the flight.When you load this flight plan, just load it, and go right to the FS to fly, without setting or even looking at the route, etc...You could also vary aircraft from flight to flight, as long as they are not drastically different. If you want to give your flight to others, you'd just zip up the flight plan and Weather files. You can also start up ATC with this flight plan, and have them vector you around the entire Carribean.Ive done this with areas I like to fly VFR in, like Southern California. Shorter flights around the Orange or LA and San Diego County areas. Or longer ones, around the entire S.CA.... Around Baja CA in Mexico, etc... with FSGenesis mesh and landclass it makes for some really nice flights.