Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

eaglesoft citation X... FMC?

I have always thought of getting this plane, but if I remeber the FMC was not quite flushed out. At one time there was talk of doing a mod or somthing to make it a bit more funtional. I have not heard much on this 'mod' (it may be abandoned) and am rethinking maybe just buying this product anyway.But I wanted to remember just kinda what the included FMC as is. Does anyone know how I could get info on it? I know some vendors allow a ops manual to be downloaded for free prior to purchase but Eaglesoft does not (I dont think so - I quickly looked around)Any thoughts?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Why don't you ask them on their forum? I'm sure someone from Eaglesoft would offer a complete explanation.

Guest Traffic

Thats correct, the C750 does not have an FMC. Well to be honest, it has what looks like an FMC but its not functional. I believe you can change Nav/Comm frequencies on it, and it displays some data but its really not an FMC.The other thing to consider is that while the exterior model is great, the 2D panel (even the ultra light version) is a frame rate hog. So much so that I actually get more fluid and better frame rates from the Level D 767 and PMDG's 737 (both of which are infinitely more complex than the citation X) on my machine. It may have something to do with the gauges in the Citation X panel.But it is nice to cruise at FL450 doing Mach .92 while the exterior looking that sharp. But thats about all I can say about it.

OK guys, thanks for the responses. I check out their forums

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest jboweruk

It's a lovely plane but does take some getting used to. The FMC does not work in the way it would with say the 737's from PMDG but gets it's info from FS own GPS system. Still, it's good to fly and you can get better fps if you lose the Virtual Cabin. Though I personally never found it to hog frames like the PMDG 737's do, and before I get flamed the 737-700/800 are two of my favourites to fly in FS and with the cabin off fly very smoothly.

Guest jboweruk

Incidentally I seem to remember the 2D cockpit in the CitX being worse than the VC but haven't flown it for a while. That's not because I've lost interest in it but I fly with FSPax now and have to buy my airline's aircraft.

The FMC is not functional in the way that a PMDG FMC is functional; basically you can use it to track fuel burn and flight progress (after loading a flightplan through the FS2004 flight planner) and that's about it. The autopilot works off the default GPS like in most FS planes.However, as Ron from Eaglesoft likes to point out, not all Xs are shipped with FMCs. It's an option, apparently. And other than the FMC, I think the plane's wonderful. Sexy, fast, fun to fly. I've never had any trouble with framerates in the 2D panel with the default Eaglesoft gauges or with Reality XP's Jetline 4 gauges (which I currently use along with their GNS 530).Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Why would anyone spend a gazillion $$$$ on the Citation X and then not avail themselves of the option of installing an FMC. I think this is a bit of an excuse from Eaglesoft. The main problem with the citation are: a) non-functional FMC, blurry 2d cockpit. BTW, I find the cockpit even harder to read on their (newer) Citation CJ1.However, the recent release of the Cirrus series seems to suggest that they are paying more attention to this issue. If you want a modern biz jet with a functioning FMC, one of your options is to buy the Boeing Biz jet from Ariane. ricardo