Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

How do I Select the Door for the Jetway

I'm not sure how this works so I guess I'll post here.

Whenever I fly the Qualitywings 757-200 and pull up to the gate, the jetway always selects the L2 door, and I want it to go to the L1 door. So, I need to make this change. But do I make that change in FSX, ADE, or the qw757? And how do I make that change? I posted this question at Qualitywings forum but it's been 2 days and nobody has answered my post.

Ken Manning

Ken,

I'm away from the simulator, but believe you would make the change on the airplane configuration file.  It's in the [Exits] section.  Found this:

QW 757-200:

[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.2, 31.25, -6.25, 7, 0
exit.1 = 0.2, -28.5, 5.5, -0.8, 1

QW 757-300:

[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.2, 44.50, -6.25, 7, 0
exit.1 = 0.2, -38.0, 5.5, -0.8, 1

Here:  http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/the-corrected-aircraft-cfg-collection-thread.435850/

Hope it helps.  Those numerical values are:

open-close rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

The jetway will normally seek the exit.0  In your case since it seeks the door you don't want then try

substituting the values for exit.1 and exit.0 and see if that helps.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi SAX702,

In your QW757-200 aircraft.cfg file, the number of exits says 2. The 757 has 4 exits, not 2. Mine says 4. Your top coordinance is different from mines, unless you changed it. But substituting the values did not correct that problem. The jetway still selects the L2 door. To be specific, I put the lower values at the top where it says exit 0 and the top values at the bottom where it says exit 1. I guess I did it correct.

Ken Manning

Ken,

I got those values from another internet site; was away from my simulator computer.  My QW aircraft.cfg shows:

[exits]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.2, 30.50, -4.0, 12,0
exit.1 = 0.2, -28.5, 5.5, -0.8, 1

Jetways use my L2 door, just like in your case, but that's how I prefer it.  Recommend Charlier Aron's advice above.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Hi SAX702,

I've already tried that and it's still uses the L2 door. It doesn't appear to me that this has anything to do with it. I've tried it both ways. I've switched the coordinance and that did not work so I switched them back, and switched the exit numbers, and still has no effect.

Ken Manning 

I just did a Google search about the QW757 and found an answer.  it linked to a similar problem

on a PMDG aircraft and they said the solution is the same for the QW aircraft.  It's a tiny bit more

involved than just switching the Exit.0 and Exit.1 around.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9092.0

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi Charlie,

This link refers to the problems within the GSX program, and it's not related to the problem I'm having, as far as working separately from GSX. As a matter of fact, the GSX will now allow me to select the L1 door at the newer fsdt airports that supports the GSX program. If I'm at Orlando International, GSX will not allow me to select door L1. The only thing I see is that the link only covers issues regarding the GSX program, and not anything outside of GSX. They also did not specify WHAT config they were referring to and the part about "exchange all their parameters, including the custom XML expression and the custom name in the editor" was not thoroughly explained. There has to be a way of making this change without having to depend on another program as GSX.

Hi all,

Just want to let everyone know that I finally understand how to do this. I could not understand why swopping the coordinates did not resulted in any change of the gate's position. I've noticed there was a large difference between 30.50 at Exit 0 and -28.50 at Exit 1, and it seems that swopping these would have really positioned the jetway way off one way or the other, but it didn't. So, I changed the Exit 0 value from 30.50 to 20.50 just to see if there would be some change. Sure enough, it was about 10 farther back and did not line up with the door this time. So, apparently, I needed to change the value rather the swopping them, although swopping them did result in a different value. So, I used Model Converter X to aligned the door perfectly at L1. If you don't want to go through the trouble, and you want the jetway to use the L1 door, just change the value at Exit 0 from 30.50 to 60.20 in the aircraft.cfg at exits. This will put your jetway right in the middle of the L1 door, thanks to the program Model Converter X.

Ken Manning