Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Real Air Duke B60 in P3Dv4

2 hours ago, aeronauta said:

default Carenado A36 Bonanza P3d..Colin are you a gauge designer ?

Jorge

No and do so at your own risk . It is a case of copying over the relevant wave files from a36 folder to realair sound folder and editing the sound.cfg compare the a36 

the relevant section is

[GEAR_DOWN]
filename=A36Geardown
flags=0
viewpoint=1

[GEAR_UP]
filename=A36Gearup
flags=0
viewpoint=1

[FLAPS]
filename=A36_flaps
flags=0
viewpoint=1
initial_volume=60000
minimum_volume=60000
maximum_volume=60000

make sure you copy over  A36_flaps.wav A36Geardown.wav  A36Gearup.wav

Backup all and do so at own risk worked for me . At least as stop gap till guage is fixed . If not happy editing .cfg files don't do it !!!

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Guys quick question.  I've installed the FSX version of the Turbine Duke v2 into P3Dv4.  Everything appears ok except the missing sounds.  One thing that alludes me is the configurator doesn't seem to affect anything in P3D?  So if I configure a cold and dark start through the configurator every time I load the aircraft in the sim its already running.  The configurator exe is installed in my P3D installation folder so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: pays to read the thread.  Post number 2 says this...

Also the Config Tool is 'hard-wired' to look for your aircraft in the FSX main folder, so each time you open it you have to re-point it to wherever you installed for V4.  But once you have it set up to your liking that's no longer an issue.

Trouble is when I open the configurator it doesn't allow me to repoint it to anything, it just simply loads...?

Thomas Derbyshire

Thomas,

I installed the Duke B60 in an add-on folder outside of the main P3D folder and used an xml file to point to it (same method I used for the Duke Turbine and Legacy).  Sounds like you installed into the main P3D folder so the behavior you see might be different from mine (not sure why that would be the case), but anyway here's what I was referring to.

When i click on the config tool s/c on my desktop I get a pop-up with the following warning:  Your FSX directory path registry settings appear to be incorrect.   OK

When I click OK, it opens up the standard little Explorer window to browse to my Duke B60 installation folder; once I do that and click OK again the config tool opens normally and so far as I can tell any changes I make are reflected in the aircraft status the next time I load it up in the sim.  I changed my load state to cold & dark as well and I also turned off or toned down all the RA motion effects because combined with the Chaseplane effects it was making me dizzy!

The tool doesn't keep any memory of my install location, so each time I want to change something I have to re-point it to my install folder so that's what I meant about having to do it over each time.

Without any images I've tried to explain it the best I can.  Hope this helps!

Kevin S

Thanks Kevin

Yea I just simply pointed it to my P3D installation folder and I don't see those prompts when I open the configurator....hmmmm.

Maybe I need to install it your way but need to do a bit of research because I'm not sure what to do.

Cheers

Thomas Derbyshire

Hmm I agree that's odd.  I don't see why the location of the aircraft install would matter at all in terms of how the config tool starts up and where it looks.  If you decide to try the other install method (outside of the sim folder) there's a long thread on this same forum about installing the RA Turbine Duke into V4; lots of examples and explanations that do a better job of covering the process than I ever could.

Did you install the aircraft into P3D on a computer that happens to also have a version of FSX installed or had a version installed at one time?  It seems like the config tool is actually finding what it thinks is a valid FSX registry entry and that's why you don't get any warning pop-ups; that's the only thing I can think of.  It would also explain why you don't see any changes in the sim, because the tool would be pointing back to the other sim files and trying to modify those.

If that's not the case then sorry I can't think of anything else offhand.  Good luck!  

Kevin S

16 hours ago, Kevlar01 said:

Hmm I agree that's odd.  I don't see why the location of the aircraft install would matter at all in terms of how the config tool starts up and where it looks.  If you decide to try the other install method (outside of the sim folder) there's a long thread on this same forum about installing the RA Turbine Duke into V4; lots of examples and explanations that do a better job of covering the process than I ever could.

Did you install the aircraft into P3D on a computer that happens to also have a version of FSX installed or had a version installed at one time?  It seems like the config tool is actually finding what it thinks is a valid FSX registry entry and that's why you don't get any warning pop-ups; that's the only thing I can think of.  It would also explain why you don't see any changes in the sim, because the tool would be pointing back to the other sim files and trying to modify those.

If that's not the case then sorry I can't think of anything else offhand.  Good luck!  

Yes I have FSX SE installed on the same drive with the Real Air Turbine Duke.  That makes a lot of sense now you have said it.  I would rather not uninstall the Real Air from FSX SE because I'm still in the transitional phase to P3Dv4.  Do you happen to know what registry keys I should be looking for?

Thomas Derbyshire

Sorry no I don't.  Getting down to specific registry keys is a bit beyond my personal knowledge-base, I'm afraid.  Maybe someone else will be able to assist.

One way to check if our theory is correct would be to open the config tool just like you've been doing and make some change to the a/c that would be obvious and different from how it was set up in FSX:SE; then start up FSX and see if the change was applied there instead.  That would at least confirm what's taking place.

Even if that turns out to be the case, I realize that doesn't get to a solution for how you can make it work with P3D while FSX is still installed.  Afraid that one is also out of my reach! :sad: 

Kevin S

Hi Duke-fans...

With the RealAir Duke B60 I get an error in the P3D-ContentErrors.txt-file (generated when closing down P3Dv4). It looks like this:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke B60 V2\aircraft.cfg
Section: CameraDefinition.8

Does anybody have any Idea how to solve this?

Yes, if P3D isn't crashing or having long pauses and you have the log turned on, you will see an error here and there, but as Rob has mentioned before....LM has coded so that P3D is not so strict as to stop on slight errors. I know some people love "logs", but there can be a point of "over-use". No sense in self-detonation. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Back to the B60 configuration. There may be a difference in the programming between the FSX version and version 2 for P3D. Mine is the version 2 and all I did to get the configuration program to work in P3D4 was send a shortcut to the desktop, make sure program runs as administrator, and it works fine, but as stated, maybe the FSX version is hardcoded Specifically for FSX installation.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Jiri can you post a link that is not ORBX , I do not have acces to that forum..

Jorge

No, I haven't updated my website in a while...

I just uploaded the file though. Here is a direct link:

www.douglassdawson.ca/files/dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64_gauge_only.zip

I would only ask that if you distribute the file, you do not include the letters 'fsx' in the name and that you not remove the letters '_x64' from the name.

I don't want anyone getting the idea that this version of the gauge will work in previous versions of FS - it's 64 bit and so of course it will not.  It probably won't work in FSW either.

Doug

Edited by ddawson
added hyperlink
  • Upvote 1