Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

AI traffic for V4

Hi guys,  I am looking for a traffic addon to use in P3D V4.  I currently use MT6a which seems to work fine but the models are horrible looking for the most part.  That is the main reason I am looking for another alternative.  Right now I have WOAI fsx native models installed and they look great, but most of the WOAI stuff is from fs9 and wont work in V4.  I am looking for the best looking models mainly for use with vpilot and vatsim.  So I don't really care about accurate flight plans and all that stuff.  They must be FSX native models.  Any recommendations?

Matt Wilson

Flight1 is working on UltimateTrafficLive it's on alpha/beta release so is not official they called softrelease here a video of someone already tested on V4.

It's not fully compatible but they are working on.

this is the link if you want to buy:http://flight1.100megabyte.com/UltimateTrafficLive.exe

The price of UTLive is the same as UT2 ($44.95). You can download one of the coupons below to receive a discount if you are an existing UT2 customer. This is more than a 33% discount off the full version price.

I am using Ultimate Traffic Live successfully in V4.  It has not been officially released for V4 as of yet.  It is still in an early-access stage so hopefully it will be officially compatible at some point.  You can get it working the same way you probably got your MT6 working.  All of the models are FSX/P3D compliant and the only downside I have found is that some of the liveries are outdated.  A few of the models are not great (CRJ's and ERJ's) but most are very nice.  Being that I was using the AIG flightplans in V3 and have all of those aircraft I was able to replace several of the old liveries. As much as I liked fiddling with AIFP and all the flightplans manually I am finding this to be perfectly suitable and it includes so many airlines I did not have before. I also like that all the logo lights and cabin lights are on when the aircraft are parked at the gate.  That has always been an issue for me as they were always pitch black at the gates at night.  It has a nice interface and you can set traffic limits to help your FPS.  I had MT6 a while back and I do agree, I really did not like the models and the lighting.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

There is a fairly good/long thread on this subject already (AI Traffic V4) from which  you might pick up some knowledge.

I'm using the IVAO MTL without any real issues though a few of the 6800+ models may be made for FS9 thus they will show up as white, but other than that it's been good.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks for the feedback guys!  Does UT Live use visually more appealing models then UT2?

Matt Wilson

From what I have seen and read it's mostly UT2 with a fancier interface. Most of the liveries are not updated apparently and comments i read suggests the AI part is mostly same. For that reason I am sticking with UT2. Don't care about looking at departure boards or viewing AI on a map.

I'm using UTLive in P3D V4 also, it does work but there are some issues that I believe are being addressed for "official" V4 support with a release "soon".

The commercial models look "ok", the GA models look pretty bad.  I seem to recall a section in UTLive where one could convert their 3rd party aircraft into AI aircraft and include, but not sure it's implemented yet.  I thought UTLive worked by "injecting" (instantiating) AI aircraft objects into the 3D world which is different from the canned schedules you find in other products like UT2 and MyTraffic ... this the part about UTLive that I find appealing.  However, with that said the instantiation logic needs some work as not all parts of the world seem to be covered ... but keep in min UTLive is still in "alpha/beta".  You can read more about it here.  There is also a support forum for users that have already bought into it's development, current word as of June 15th was "almost ready" for P3D V4 official support.

But if using 3rd party models for AI, I would imagine you'll get an FPS hit.  In P3D V3 it was impractical because one would OOM rather quickly, but in V4 that's not a issue provided you have plenty of RAM (and VRAM), however, you'll still need to manage your FPS.

Cheers, Rob.

I pulled the trigger on UTL this evening.  Since all my flights are on VATSIM, I don't really have a need to run the UTL program, I'm just using the models.

I tested the models under P3DV4 at a very large VATSIM event at San Fransico.  I lost count of how many aircraft were displayed, but they all resolved accurately and looked very good.  No white textured aircraft whatsoever.

I'm running an I7-3770K with all 4 cores locked at 4.5GHz with a GTX960.  Despite running Flightbeam's KSFO-HD (which I don't believe is V4 compiled) and first the upcoming Aerosoft CRJ-900 and then the TFDi B717 and my frame rate ranged were between 24 to 34 fps with my frame rates locked at 45fps in P3DV4.  Not bad at all!

I'm not recommending UTL as I have no experience with other program and I don't use the UTL software.  I'm merely providing the results that I had.

I hope this is helpful to someone.

Best wishes to everyone.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

FS9 models are no good and Lockheed doesn't want addons dumped into the main program folder. Waiting for a traffic package that complies with V4 SDK. 

44 minutes ago, Slayer said:

FS9 models are no good and Lockheed doesn't want addons dumped into the main program folder. Waiting for a traffic package that complies with V4 SDK. 

I have UTL installed which complies with SDK V4. I used the P3D addon manger. No traces of UTL in my P3D installation

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm using UTLive in P3D V4 also, it does work but there are some issues that I believe are being addressed for "official" V4 support with a release "soon".

The commercial models look "ok", the GA models look pretty bad.  I seem to recall a section in UTLive where one could convert their 3rd party aircraft into AI aircraft and include, but not sure it's implemented yet.  I thought UTLive worked by "injecting" (instantiating) AI aircraft objects into the 3D world which is different from the canned schedules you find in other products like UT2 and MyTraffic ... this the part about UTLive that I find appealing.  However, with that said the instantiation logic needs some work as not all parts of the world seem to be covered ... but keep in min UTLive is still in "alpha/beta".  You can read more about it here.  There is also a support forum for users that have already bought into it's development, current word as of June 15th was "almost ready" for P3D V4 official support.

But if using 3rd party models for AI, I would imagine you'll get an FPS hit.  In P3D V3 it was impractical because one would OOM rather quickly, but in V4 that's not a issue provided you have plenty of RAM (and VRAM), however, you'll still need to manage your FPS.

Cheers, Rob.

You could use the title= line in the aircraft.cfg to change to different models and repaints for the poor general aviation.

Does UTL have a utility to import UT2 powerpack created schedules available or being planned for release? Since it contains essentially the same models and liveries as UT2 I'd rather migrate my existing powerpack added schedules and additional models/repaints if it allows me to than starting from scratch.

2 hours ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

If your looking for AI models for VATSIM there is a great package available called vPilot AI.

Do you have a link? Couldn't find that in the library.

2 hours ago, pilot3033 said:

Do you have a link? Couldn't find that in the library.

Its an external website called vPilot AI. You have to sign up to the forums there, but they have the download files and a ton of user support queries on there. I have the link but am not sure if I can post it on here.