Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

AI traffic for V4

I'm using JF's Traffic360 with V4. I installed it using Oliver's util, and the models are fine.

There's only one problem I've seen so far - the BAe146 flies around with its doors open and with the stairs deployed....

Regards

Bill

6 hours ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

If your looking for AI models for VATSIM there is a great package available called vPilot AI.

Interesting, I've never heard of that.  Do you have a link?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, BillCusick said:

There's only one problem I've seen so far - the BAe146 flies around with its doors open and with the stairs deployed....

Regards

Bill

That's emulating the real thing, which can do that because it is unlikely to ever make it above any flight level where the cabin would need to be pressurised when carrying any appreciable payload or passengers lol. :laugh:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

31 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Interesting, I've never heard of that.  Do you have a link?

Well, there is a WOAI downloader on vpilot web site that downloads all the WOAI files.  From the installer, you can select all.  Though I have some errors about an myxy read me file missing from a scenery directory.  After that error, it seems to hang and not be doing anything.  I don't seem to have any of the AI flying around (offline vatsim).  It did work ok in p3d v3.

Secondly, there is a vmr generator--though I don't think it's needed anymore, http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html  O wait I see you can use it with psxecon now and maybe lorby?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Is UT2 the only program that generates flight plans using actual waypoints and airways (albeit outdated - there a way to update the database it uses to generate routes?) vs simply flying direct airport to airport?  Obviously the AI traffic on the ground is part of the immersion and realism factor but it's nice to have a bit of that once at cruise too, seeing multiple aircraft on the same airway with you.

34 minutes ago, Oliver_Cooksey said:

Link for vPilot AI is: vpilotai.boards.net . It takes a little setting up but achieves the desired outcome very well.

Looks like they still use a lot of fs9 models.  A no go for V4

Matt Wilson

2 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Looks like they still use a lot of fs9 models.  A no go for V4

Yeah, unfortunately true, thus it's not really compatible for V4/

Thus far I've been very happy with UTL for P3DV4.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

43 minutes ago, braindamage02 said:

Is UT2 the only program that generates flight plans using actual waypoints and airways (albeit outdated - there a way to update the database it uses to generate routes?) vs simply flying direct airport to airport?  Obviously the AI traffic on the ground is part of the immersion and realism factor but it's nice to have a bit of that once at cruise too, seeing multiple aircraft on the same airway with you.

I believe it is using actual airways and at minimum it uses proper SIDS/STARS.  I have seen aircraft lined up and following the STAR in front of me while approaching KSFO.  I also see aircraft passing below me in the opposite direction in cruise right on my airway!  That being said, there is not a separation utility but to be honest I have not seen the clusters of AI that I used to see with other programs/methods. It is definitely done more realistically, especially when you set up at an airport and you don't have 20 AI pushing back at once.:laugh:

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Is there a list somewhere of what airlines are included in UTL? I do a lot of flying in places like Africa and Central Asia that I've always expected would be black holes for traffic in commercial releases like this. Given the incredible tediousness of compiling my own AI, though, I'd love to be wrong...

James

I'm curious as well.  I'd love to see AI packages for smaller US airlines like Key Lime/Denver Air Connection, Bemidji, Boutique, and PenAir.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

Is there a list somewhere of what airlines are included in UTL? I do a lot of flying in places like Africa and Central Asia that I've always expected would be black holes for traffic in commercial releases like this. Given the incredible tediousness of compiling my own AI, though, I'd love to be wrong...

James

What particular airlines are you looking for?  There is not a list but I can check in the configurator as they are all listed in the menu.

1 hour ago, CaptKornDog said:

I'm curious as well.  I'd love to see AI packages for smaller US airlines like Key Lime/Denver Air Connection, Bemidji, Boutique, and PenAir.

The regionals are covered but unlikely many of these smaller charter/cargo types would be.  I do see Penair listed flying Saab 200's.  I also see Denver Air Connection but they have them flying a BN2 Islander.  If AI aircraft are not available it appears it will get assigned something else.  You can always replace the aircraft though with the configurator if one is available.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

As an alternative there is PSXSeecontraffic

http://www.lekseecon.nl/PSXseeconTraffic.html

In contrast to UT "Live" this is really "live", i.e. based on actual plane movements (which has its pros and cons). The program itself is free, however you need a cheap subscription (10$ or so) for the program providing the server data.

I have it running (networked) with Prepar3d4. It does not come with a separate collection of models but can be used with the models from most (all?) of the well-known programs like UT2, WOA, MT6, any probably more, even several together. I use it with the UTLive models, at present.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

As an alternative there is PSXSeecontraffic

http://www.lekseecon.nl/PSXseeconTraffic.html

Lorby traffic is another live one.  Just don't see aircraft taxiing and they disappear above a certain altitude.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

46 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

What particular airlines are you looking for?  There is not a list but I can check in the configurator as they are all listed in the menu.

Eric, thanks for offering to check! It's not really so much about specific airlines as a decent coverage at non-North American/European airports. But let's see: here's the non-obvious ones that fly to Almaty, Kazakhstan. How many of these are in there? Should give a good sense of coverage.

Aeroflot (well, this is an "obvious" one but it is an important one to have for CIS flying)
Air Arabia
Air Astana
Bek Air
Belavia
Kam Air
Mahan Air
Pegasus Airlines
Pobeda
Qazaq Air
S7 Airlines
SCAT Airlines
Somon Air