Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

AI traffic for V4

Rob

What do you mean by "round trip"??

Also I think only some of UT Live models are compatible.  

For example you could sit at kden all day watching traffic and not see a saab 340, but if you tried to sit at egph or egpf You'll see one it will ctd the this is what happens with the cam sim 787.

(I'm not saying the saab 340 is a bad model, I'm giving an example)  it took me 2 hours to work out which model at Klax was ctd my sim with a ton of a/c.

I could of sat at kden all day and not had a ctd because my camsim 787s didn't go there.

My guess is the prop a/c in UT Live are the problem ones.

Ps don't take that as a dig.  I'm loving v4.  I just spend 12 to 15 hours coverting 30 odd model files 

14ppkc-6.png

On 6/26/2017 at 5:11 AM, tooting said:

My advice get a group together and work together to change the models.  That's what I did with 2 guys here and we made converted every model going to native models. Took us 3 days. We then used my updates to ut2 and put it into v4 works like a dream.  Most people are lazy and want that magic pill.  Three days with some emailing and teamwork the other 2 guys are legends and we are reaping the benefits of seamless proper ai with proper schedules with optimised textures 

I used to spend more time adding and editing my AI traffic than actually flying. I might go back to that since there is no more 4gb texture limit. Performance using no Ai traffic is in the teens at fsdt KLAX probably cannot get much AI planes there.

On 6/26/2017 at 10:14 AM, tooting said:

What do you mean by "round trip"??

All AI aircraft are required to have Source and Destination and will "round trip" between ... if they aren't provided source/destination then they will just disappear.  This is outlined in the SDK.

I just installed the updated version of UTLive for P3D V4 last night, no fuss, installed cleanly (be sure to uninstall your prior version first and remove any signs of manual migration to V4), and it ust worked, VERY please with the product.  I run traffic at 50% and it was a perfect mix and performance was excellent.  The only issue appears to be a visual once in the UTL manager when I select P3D V4 from the dropdown it brings up text indicating FSX-SE (which I don't have installed) but this is only a "visual" text issue, the product is working, paths are correct, and uses the correct P3D V4 new "add-on" process.

Very happy with UTL even in it's "Pre-Release" stage.

Cheers, Rob.

6 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

All AI aircraft are required to have Source and Destination and will "round trip" between ... if they aren't provided source/destination then they will just disappear.  This is outlined in the SDK.

I just installed the updated version of UTLive for P3D V4 last night, no fuss, installed cleanly (be sure to uninstall your prior version first and remove any signs of manual migration to V4), and it ust worked, VERY please with the product.  I run traffic at 50% and it was a perfect mix and performance was excellent.  The only issue appears to be a visual once in the UTL manager when I select P3D V4 from the dropdown it brings up text indicating FSX-SE (which I don't have installed) but this is only a "visual" text issue, the product is working, paths are correct, and uses the correct P3D V4 new "add-on" process.

Very happy with UTL even in it's "Pre-Release" stage.

Cheers, Rob.

Is there a power pack available for UTLive to add custom traffic repaints/models and flight plans? And are the latest plans for UTLive including recent airport code changes like seqm,faor,etc?

On 6/24/2017 at 8:19 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

There is a fairly good/long thread on this subject already (AI Traffic V4) from which  you might pick up some knowledge.

I'm using the IVAO MTL without any real issues though a few of the 6800+ models may be made for FS9 thus they will show up as white, but other than that it's been good.

I tried to use VMRGenerator to get IVAO MTL, the latest version did not generate the matching rules. Does anyone know how to get it fixed?.

Recent updates made using the MTL problemaric, I switched to UTL and haven't been happier. More info on UTL in this thread.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 6/30/2017 at 6:01 PM, 777200lrf said:

Is there a power pack available for UTLive to add custom traffic repaints/models and flight plans? And are the latest plans for UTLive including recent airport code changes like seqm,faor,etc?

A powerpack is in the works...not sure about updating recent airport codes, though.

• Upvote 1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

3 hours ago, ozflyer said:

I tried to use VMRGenerator to get IVAO MTL, the latest version did not generate the matching rules. Does anyone know how to get it fixed?.

The IVAO MTL is no longer supported by VMRGenerator (internally). Unless you get the backuped matching rules vmr file from somebody else, it cannot be "fixed".

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

On 6/2/2017 at 3:14 PM, Mitritch said:

Right now, there is an effort on Alpha India Group forums, to migrate all  models to FSX format in a legal way, which can be used by everybody. You can read about its progress and struggles here: 

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=25472.0

19 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

The IVAO MTL is no longer supported by VMRGenerator (internally). Unless you get the backuped matching rules vmr file from somebody else, it cannot be "fixed".

Thanks... That's disappointing.

Used to work so well.

The previous version of VMRGenerator did it, wish I could get the older version.

Now have to get World of AI. Do you know if WOAI have updated their models for P3D v4 ?.

6 hours ago, ozflyer said:

Do you know if WOAI have updated their models for P3D v4 ?.

They are in progress - only a few are FSX models. I went to my AI aircraft library (some of them WoAI) using the tool thumbnailexporter http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html

If it finds MDL8 aircrafts, I have removed them from my library. MDLX aircrafts are fine in V4.

I have also switched to VATSIM for this reason using vPilot software. I must say it is a very easy app which connects to V4 without problems. Now I am back online with proper aircraft models.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

19 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

They are in progress - only a few are FSX models. I went to my AI aircraft library (some of them WoAI) using the tool thumbnailexporter http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html

If it finds MDL8 aircrafts, I have removed them from my library. MDLX aircrafts are fine in V4.

I have also switched to VATSIM for this reason using vPilot software. I must say it is a very easy app which connects to V4 without problems. Now I am back online with proper aircraft models.

Mate, how are you model matching in VPilot?.

When I am sure that I only have MDLX models, I use VMR generator just to make sure that every aircraft is displayed properly in vPilot: http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html

I then import the rule (i.e. the generated vmr file) into vPilot: http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Documentation2.aspx

Regards,

Chris

--

Gents (and Ladies )

VPilotai has been updated as of last Saturday . Works very well.

What I know want to know is can I add more ai aircraft to the standard database - should be possible?

Any thoughts?

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

vPilot is a great app. It is so stable and easy to use.

Regards,

Chris

--