Sign in to follow this  
bigryan62

Chaseplane Crashing. Unusable Beta Version

Evening. Unable to use the product when clicking preferences to set controls chaseplane just crashes consistently. 

• Upvote 1

For me too, clicking community also crashes it. The zoom seems to be finicky as well, I set it to 0.30 and 0.40 and a few seconds later it kicks me back to 0.50.

EDIT: Camera too. With the error "An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 599, position 10."

6 minutes ago, bigryan62 said:

Evening. Unable to use the product when clicking preferences to set controls chaseplane just crashes consistently. 

Look for a generated crash report to your desktop and submit it to support at FSFX Packages/ChasePlane.

Hope this help. Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Exact same problem - my Chaseplane crashes when I click any tab at all.

I would send the error log - unfortunately, this version of Chaseplane is so unstable it is unable to replace an old error log!

I need to know if I am having the same issue , when I do a flight with A2A Cessna in prepar3d V4 and use chase plane no presets just I assign my Saitek yoke to change view and pan I made  one hour flight no issues at all. But when  I loaded the PMDG again no special key assignment just I assign different views to the hatch switch it worked till I am on the runway to takeoff then the prepar3d shut down with no message . Any comments are highly appreciated 

And I am using the PMDG 747 compatible with prepar3d V4 but the beta version of chase plan . I am not sure if that from PMDG or chase plan 

Many Thanks 

Amr 

As stated above, already sent to CHPL support my crashlog.

Basically the infamous "It looks like something unexpected happened ..." error shows up as soon as I click on Preferences.

The log reports an exception for "The specified key does not exist in the dictionary", I guess the root cause is something broken on the interaction between their servers and the client application.

I hope they will soon fix as being unable to set preferences makes CHPL 0.3.0 beta unserviceable.

I'm also getting this behavior. Runs fine until I click on the left-hand menu and then it crashes. I think the relevant line from the log is:

Unable to run cam_motion_proc: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Have to admit though, keeps it interesting, with no two flights the same - will it work this time or will it not. I've accepted that this is an evolving product and you have to expect instability as new features are added. The pros far outweigh the cons.

If you guys don't want to live through this, there is the Non-Experimental channel.

We just published an update fixing the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I did nothing. However on my second reboot  of my PC about 2 hours later, and at the moment, it is now working fine. Thanks

Don

edit: missed your update.

Edited by hydraulics3

Latest 0.3.1 beta exp. fixed it.

The best, quickest and kindest support I've ever dealt with.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

If you guys don't want to live through this, there is the Non-Experimental channel.

We just published an update fixing the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Keven

I am not on the experimental channel and have no issues with crashing. But after the last update all my camera views using a zoom factor of 0.3 and the zoom slider is not working.

Regards Sven

19 minutes ago, Lucky67 said:

Latest 0.3.1 beta exp. fixed it.

The best, quickest and kindest support I've ever dealt with.

It's fixed it for me also!.
Great job guys!.

Pete.