Sign in to follow this  
OldBob

Editing Panels using Addit Pro

Hi All,

I bought Addit Pro thinking I would be able to modify panels (I'm using P3Dv4), replacing the G1000 GPS with the Garmin 500, a GPS I much prefer.  I've been wrestling with this software for a week now and I'm still no closer to figuring out how to do that than when I started.  I've searched for a pdf manual as the help file is no help to me at all but haven't been able to find one.  Does anyone know if it is even possible to replace a GPS in the panel for a different model and if so is Addit Pro capable of doing it?

I appreciate any help I can get doing this.  Thanks,

Which aircraft? If it's a non-LM one (e.g. made by Carenado, Virtuali, etc.) then you won't be able to do it because unlike the default aircraft, these have full systems-integration that has been designed from scratch. Adding a third-party gauge isn't going to hook into those systems, nor will swapping gauges between developers' own aircraft work for the same reasons.

dragonflightdesig,

Thank you very much for the explanation.  Yes...I was hoping to swap out the g1000 GPS from the Mooney Acclaim with the G 500 in the Beech Bonanza.  They are both default aircraft but as you suspected they are not LM designs.  I have edited the Gauges.cfg in the Mooney to add another window for the Garmin 500 which works out well except it keeps disappearing every time I change views.  I'll forget swapping out the GPS and work on a solution to keep the newly added GPS window open.

Thanks for your help.

Old Bob,

To keep a window open while switching views use the "type=special" entry in the panel.cfg [WindowXX] attributes..
Example -

[Window02]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=342,284
position=0
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
window_size= 0.285, 0.400
window_pos= 0.010, 0.100
type=special

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,  0,0,342,284

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap