Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Another small 747 update

I just noticed the PMDG operations center had another small 747 update. It wasn't there a few hours ago when I loaded the operations center.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

An update was pushed the 23rd as far as I can see... It could very well be within the last couple of hours.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Yeah FSX:SE had a 744 update too.  Was quick and no change log

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I can see a change log in Operations Center

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Build 3.00.8370 (Released 2017-06-23) [ View Issues ]
==================================================================
- 0006311: [AFDS - Thrust Modes] 10000/250 restriction on limb holds below 10000' not at 10000'
- 0006351: [AFDS - Thrust Modes] On Ground TOGA should result in THR REF even with F/D off.
- 0000000: [General] Removal of potential dead code conflict for older simconnect versions.
- 0000000: [General] Fixed problem on equipment optiosn page 20 not working for 400ER.
- 0000000: [General] Restored FSUIPC/Squawkbox functionality with additional safeguards.
- 0000000: [General] Performance improvements with dynamic lighting
- 0000000: [General] Protections against dyanmic landing light wobble at high bank angles.
- 0000000: [General] Performance improvments for x64 based platforms.
- 0000000: [General] Various improvements in dynamic lighting

• Upvote 1

Weird, I don't have that.  Oh well.  I don't care as long as improvements are made.

I know the lighting stuff won't affect non-P3Dv4 users.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Unfortunately still nothing about thrust increasing in HOLD mode (I tested it to be sure). At this point I suppose that this is the hardest bug to fix ever encountered...

James Goggi

And there it is. I knew soon as I opened this thread that the local troll would be lurking.

21 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Unfortunately still nothing about thrust increasing in HOLD mode (I tested it to be sure). At this point I suppose that this is the hardest bug to fix ever encountered...

If I told you that yes it's the hardest bug to fix ever encountered, will you shut up about it and go away?

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

If I told you that yes it's the hardest bug to fix ever encountered, will you shut up about it and go away?

LOL!

Was wondering too, how long it took before that was brought up... (again, again, again... and again... and...)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

12 hours ago, jgoggi said:

I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why you even bothered wasting your time testing it. All you had to do was look at the change log to be sure. If you're like me and the change log didn't show up for some reason, Daniel was kind enough to post it here. In any event, Kyle already told you repeatedly that this was not an easy bug to fix, so I'm not really sure why you keep harping on about it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 6/24/2017 at 4:14 AM, Orlaam said:

Yeah FSX:SE had a 744 update too.  Was quick and no change log

I just discovered something. FSX boxed version has a change log, FSX Steam version does not.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 24/6/2017 at 11:22 PM, Captain Kevin said:

Kyle already told you repeatedly that this was not an easy bug to fix

Dear Captain Kevin, since you keep saying this, please find one reply by Kyle or the developers where they clearly say that they are working at this issue *at present* and that it is not an easy issue to fix. If you find it, then I will shut up until the fix comes out, but if you don't find it (I repeat, it must be a *clear* statement that they are dealing with it but it's not easy, not just that they have it in their list and will deal with it no one knows when...), then please stop attacking my claims with useless replies. Thank you.

James Goggi

18 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Dear Captain Kevin, since you keep saying this, please find one reply by Kyle or the developers where they clearly say that they are working at this issue *at present* and that it is not an easy issue to fix. If you find it, then I will shut up until the fix comes out, but if you don't find it (I repeat, it must be a *clear* statement that they are dealing with it but it's not easy, not just that they have it in their list and will deal with it no one knows when...), then please stop attacking my claims with useless replies. Thank you.

Right here:

Particularly the last line:

So, since I have stressed a number of times that this is being looked at and addressed, and this side banter is off topic, I'm closing this one down.

Here's another one from further back:

Nobody is punishing you. I keep pressing back because you're borderline badgering us to fix something that is taking some time to look into. Each time, I have noted that it is being looked into. This means that we have people on the team actively looking into, and attempting to fix, it.

Same post, even further back:

Bringing this up at every possible moment really isn't helping anything. You posted. We acknowledged it, and we acknowledged that we're looking into it.

As I mentioned earlier, though, each time you bring this up, one of us advises you that it has been acknowledged and is being worked on

Ok, the only statement that can be considered and that maybe I overlooked (sorry) is

" Each time, I have noted that it is being looked into. This means that we have people on the team actively looking into, and attempting to fix, it."

All the others are in the form "it's being looked at", but you know much better than I, that am not english mother tongue, that "it's being looked at" may be used in place of "it's going to be looked at", or "it will be looked at", so it may give the idea of something that is going to be checked in the future (I add that when I had a personal conversation with the guy who deals with this issue, he did not look so convinced that it was something to fix, anyway this was more than one month ago)...

Ok, I stop here, even if this does not mean that I can not ask for an update in the near future... Now I am bugged even more by those damn landing lights that drop my fps by half when switched on...

James Goggi