Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The best FPS performance ever...but brings a question...

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

. I know XP uses some kind of real time limiting in certain situations to manage processing power but maybe it's buggy?

Well, than you would probably know more than Ben Supnik. The only one that sometimes limits X-Plane is Windows 10, since it doesn´t see that X-Plane is working at full Power. If the mainrenderer thread is working at full power or has to wait for events and hit its limit there is nothing the program can do, to be faster. That`s the problem with OpenGL. It does, what you tell it to do, but it doesn´t give you guarantees how and how fast it will be.

seems they discoverd a bug in teh shadow system mentione on xplane forum, hopefully rectifed in rc2 soon

8 hours ago, Longranger said:

Well, than you would probably know more than Ben Supnik. The only one that sometimes limits X-Plane is Windows 10, since it doesn´t see that X-Plane is working at full Power. If the mainrenderer thread is working at full power or has to wait for events and hit its limit there is nothing the program can do, to be faster. That`s the problem with OpenGL. It does, what you tell it to do, but it doesn´t give you guarantees how and how fast it will be.

I'm not gonna go spend a bunch of time trying to dig up exactly what's happening because I don't care enough, but I do see frames being limited sometimes in a very obvious fashion. I will see it lock at 30FPS and 20FPS and it has to be locked, otherwise there's noway it would hold right on that number the way it does.

If it's Windows 10 or something else, whatever, but it's happening.

for what it's worth, ever since I started using XP11, I have not been able to get the fps meter to go over 30 fps. even with settings down to as low as they will go....

Must be a limiter some where in the game that I don't know about?

3 hours ago, bk2000 said:

for what it's worth, ever since I started using XP11, I have not been able to get the fps meter to go over 30 fps. even with settings down to as low as they will go....

Must be a limiter some where in the game that I don't know about?

only fps limiter i am aware of... is you have an old 30 hz refresh rate monitor and you have enabled lock refresh rate to monitor on xplane rendering settings.

Manuel Merelles

Or if you (like many of us) have a 60Hz monitor and set vsync to 1/2 refresh rate in the nVidia settings.

On 09/07/2017 at 0:30 PM, mgeiss said:

Or if you (like many of us) have a 60Hz monitor and set vsync to 1/2 refresh rate in the nVidia settings.

Or the NVIDIA Control Panel in Windows.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit