Sign in to follow this  
cpt_muggz

Prepar3D v4 Blurries

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

Remove the texture exp line and uncheck detailed terrain in the p3d scenery options menu it does the same thing.

I will when I can fix this ntddll.dll crash :)

34 minutes ago, cpt_muggz said:

Didn't help me again, i still got blurred textures.

Don't try to enable HT in BIOS, you have i5, there's no HT for i5. Rebuild(delete)your p3d.cfg and scenery indexes. Then try my settings 

The only difference - set shadow quality and shadow draw distance to medium. I use that now, no fps hit. After you set them, load the flight and close the sim. Rebuild(delete)shaders(shaders from AppData).

Try it again. If you still get the bluries, close the sim, open p3d.cfg and change TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30 to 150. 

If you get stutters, lower the value to 120 or 90. If you get low FPS after that, add FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15 under [MAIN] section of p3d.cfg. If you get blurries, increase it. Values from 0.15 to 0.20 should work fine. Don't use Affinity mask - it works until you add some quality addon sceneries, then will cause blurries. Hope this helps

P.S. Download Avsim P3D guide, and AVSIM latest CTD Guide - You will find here how to install latest C++ redistributables(allways install them after installing new addon)and many other usefull things

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lodestar said:

Don't try to enable HT in BIOS, you have i5, there's no HT for i5. Rebuild(delete)your p3d.cfg and scenery indexes. Then try my settings 

The only difference - set shadow quality and shadow draw distance to medium. I use that now, no fps hit. After you set them, load the flight and close the sim. Rebuild(delete)shaders(shaders from AppData).

Try it again. If you still get the bluries, close the sim, open p3d.cfg and change TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30 to 150. 

If you get stutters, lower the value to 120 or 90. If you get low FPS after that, add FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15 under [MAIN] section of p3d.cfg. If you get blurries, increase it. Values from 0.15 to 0.20 should work fine. Don't use Affinity mask - it works until you add some quality addon sceneries, then will cause blurries. Hope this helps

I did not look at the hardware close enough did not see the i5 that should mean he has to set very light autogen and a texture multiplayer 90 to start.

What version of Windows are you using? 

What version of NVidia drivers do you have installed?

lodesta! Thank you very much! I've tried your settings and my blurries are gone! Thank you!

Long and good life, Captain!

6 hours ago, lodestar said:

P.S. Download Avsim P3D guide, and AVSIM latest CTD Guide - You will find here how to install latest C++ redistributables(allways install them after installing new addon)and many other usefull things

Locking my FPS causes stutters on my system.  Do you get stutters at all?  It's perfectly smooth for me when I run unlimited with vsync at 30hz but locking it at any amount with or without vsyc causes stutters no matter what.  V3 I could lock and not get them but on V4 I do.  I get blurries on approach but takeoff is fine.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

10 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

Locking my FPS causes stutters on my system.  Do you get stutters at all?  It's perfectly smooth for me when I run unlimited with vsync at 30hz but locking it at any amount with or without vsyc causes stutters no matter what.  V3 I could lock and not get them but on V4 I do.  I get blurries on approach but takeoff is fine.

No, i don't get stutters, i can notice some mictostutters only if i look to the side when i am close to the ground in dense areas. Locking FPS improves scenery loading, i prefer it like this. It's a shame that we don't have real full screen with P3D, i miss 1/2 refresh rate from FSX, but ok :happy: Smooth enough if you don't overload P3D / system with extreme settings

4 hours ago, lodestar said:

No, i don't get stutters, i can notice some mictostutters only if i look to the side when i am close to the ground in dense areas. Locking FPS improves scenery loading, i prefer it like this. It's a shame that we don't have real full screen with P3D, i miss 1/2 refresh rate from FSX, but ok :happy: Smooth enough if you don't overload P3D / system with extreme settings

I only did testing at heavier airports because that's most of my compatible addons at this point.  But, I tried locking at a less demanding one and there were far less stutters.  I guess it's the same thing I had to do with V3.  In heavier areas run unlimited and deal with the blurries and with the less demanding areas I can lock it which helps a lot with sharper terrain.  Since the only airports I have working are FSDT and FB I suppose I'll have to wait until the smaller airports get updated installers before I do further resting.

1 hour ago, sfgiants13 said:

I only did testing at heavier airports because that's most of my compatible addons at this point.  But, I tried locking at a less demanding one and there were far less stutters.  I guess it's the same thing I had to do with V3.  In heavier areas run unlimited and deal with the blurries and with the less demanding areas I can lock it which helps a lot with sharper terrain.  Since the only airports I have working are FSDT and FB I suppose I'll have to wait until the smaller airports get updated installers before I do further resting.

Well, i tried locking my FPS to lower value in areas with FPS hit, and there are no stutters at all, as long as i can mantain target fps. But i'm not willing to go lower then 25fps, so i tried something else.

I played with some AFCAD files and i found they give me stutters and FPS hit until i recompiled them to new P3D V4 format using beta ADE for v4 - yes, there are some changes in BGL's from v3 to v4, see fsdeveloper forums. I'm waiting for some other tools there to be updated. 

My test was with some AFCAD file for EHAM. I had 18-23fps with original version on departure and approach. Then i recompiled AFCAD and FPS stays stable at 30(locked), no fps drop at all. 

I had FSDT and Flytampa installed, but i uninstalled them for now. They work, but i want to be sure all BGL files are recompiled for P3D V4.

1 hour ago, lodestar said:

Well, i tried locking my FPS to lower value in areas with FPS hit, and there are no stutters at all, as long as i can mantain target fps. But i'm not willing to go lower then 25fps, so i tried something else.

I played with some AFCAD files and i found they give me stutters and FPS hit until i recompiled them to new P3D V4 format using beta ADE for v4 - yes, there are some changes in BGL's from v3 to v4, see fsdeveloper forums. I'm waiting for some other tools there to be updated. 

My test was with some AFCAD file for EHAM. I had 18-23fps with original version on departure and approach. Then i recompiled AFCAD and FPS stays stable at 30(locked), no fps drop at all. 

I had FSDT and Flytampa installed, but i uninstalled them for now. They work, but i want to be sure all BGL files are recompiled for P3D V4.

The strange thing is even at heavier airports I can still maintain 25 FPS (monitor running at 25hz with vsync) but it still stutters.  I have a bunch of AFCADs from MT6 that might not be helping anything but the AFCADs I use at airports are from addons that have supposedly been made compatible with V4 already.  When I get Flightbeam MSP or another airport that comes out that is made native for V4 I'll see if that makes a difference.

On 6/24/2017 at 7:42 PM, jonFezza said:

In your cfg try

TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8 - under terrain

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.80 - under main 

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=200 - Under display

These are the entries I've edited - I have a 1060 3GB and an i7 -4790K and get good fps and stunning scenery except for texture_size_exp I have that at 9 which you could try to make it look better since you have the 6GB version of the 1060

And for your FPS sake turn off dynamic lighting - its unoptimised by Prepar3D and will be fixed in the hotfix next week

HI

I know this thread was some time ago; but as I have an elderly (4 year old system) I though I'd comment as I tried these tweaks.

System: i5 4690k @4.4GHz, Z97 MoBo socket 1150; GTX1080 Graphics, 32Mb RAM, non SSD 720rpm disk, 27 in Monitor at 2k res.

Sim: P3D v4.4;  4xMSAA, all your above tweaks in otherwsie default cfg, 16x AA, Dynamic Lighting, autogen full up and veg full up, terrain etc - full up, water medium, terrain reflections only on water, shadow qualithy medium, Envtex sky and sun, Rex SkyForce , AS16, AS Cloud Art structures only

Scenery: EU England - Shoreham to Cardiff UK, in Carenado C90 with Bills mods and GTN750. UT traffic running at 35%.

20-30fps unlimited vsync - almost free of any stutters or stops (only 2 I noticed for a couple of seconds) . Previously almost unflyable with my old SimStarter tweaks. So I deleted the p3d.cfg and just added these tweaks.

Virtually no stutters, completely smooth - I have never experienced anything like it in P3D before in S England. P3D v4.4 is a must if you can upgrade - as I did - just the client which helped I think.

Shows you can still push a lot out even of an ancestrally old system and these tweaks are still excellent for the latest version of P3D - on my system at least.

Thanks

Ray