Sign in to follow this  
ricere

Master Caution Reset does not extinguish when pushed

Hello,

I recently (24 Jun 2017) installed the latest 747 QOTSII update and now have a problem where the Master Caution light(s) pilot and co-pilot will not reset. EICAS shows (based on my setup) three new systems annunciated not seen before ('Flight Envelope', and Radio Alt L/R) as well. I had no issues with any of my installed 747 variants until after the latest update and now ALL of my variants of the aircraft now have this problem. Has this been mentioned by any other PMDG 747 users to date?

Computer Specs:

i7-2700K 3.5 GHz Turbo-EVO OVERCLOCKED to 4.4GHz (game mode only, otherwise 1.6GHz) MOBO – ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3, CoolMaster HYPER 212 PLUS (w/2 fans) RAM – CORSAIR VENGEANCE 24GB(1600MHz DDR3) – SSD(s) Drive – (1) 2.5” OCZ VERTEX 3 120GB (OS) / (1) 2.5” SANDISK 960GB (FSX)/HDD-WD CAVIAR BLACK 1TB - (Storage) RADEON HD 6970 Video Card (2GB/DDR5) CORSAIR TX-850TXV2 PSU all within a CoolMaster HAF X case – Windows 7 Home Premium x64-bit – FSX ‘Gold Edition’ – ASUS VE258 HDMI LCD color monitor.

Thanks,

Richard Rice

Illinois, USA

Regards,

Richard Rice

I have a similar problem after the latest updates.

EICAS shows SATVOICE AVAIL and GNX PROX SYS in white. Also the yellow master caution won't reset.

Jan,

Thanks for the reply, I thought it was just for me!

Cheers!

Richard

Regards,

Richard Rice

I'd suggest moving the panel states to a temporary location, then load the installer up and run the repair option to see if that'll bring back the panel states. It looks like they made some changes to the systems of the plane that affected the panel state, as I had the same two messages that Jan had when I loaded my own panel states. The default PMDG panel states shouldn't have this issue.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Capt. Kevin,

Did exactly what you suggested even to the point of deleting the addon and re-installed it - removed all traces of EZDOK 2.0 747 cameras from the list of available camera profiles to still have the same issue.

Thanks for your suggestion though!

Richard Rice

Regards,

Richard Rice

Update: I sent a ticket and the guys were very prompt, thankyou. I uninstalled every 747 folder from my PC and re-downloaded again from my account, reloaded and everything seems normal again :).

Richard: Try these steps.

To accomplish a full removal and clean install of the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II into Prepar3D v3.3+ or v4+, follow these steps:

1. Uninstall the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II product from Control Panel\Programs & Features.

2. Manually delete the PMDG 747-400 folders (7 of them in this product) in <P3D root folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes folder.

3. Manually delete any PMDG folders (13 of them total in this product)  in <P3D root folder>\SimObjects\Misc

4. Manually delete the <P3D root folder>\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II folder.

5. Manually delete the PMDG 747-400 folders (7 of them in this product) in C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 or v4\SimObjects

- You may need to enable the Windows folder option "Show hidden files and folders" to see this location.

6. Download a new copy of the installer from your account at the PMDG store - this version was released in mid June 2017.

7. Run the PMDG Operations Center application from your Start Menu and install the product update if it offers one. This will update the aircraft to the latest version.

Twistgrip,

Was able to peek in and see what other advice was available to me and saw your comment and will get on it after work this evening. Thanks for your effort to help and will let you know and PMDG (I sent them a service request as well) how it comes out later today. Just for the sake of asking...the 747 folder count in the applicable directories...will this apply to FSX as well?

Cheers!

Richard

Regards,

Richard Rice

Twistgrip,

Repairs have been successful and she's ready for a flight. There were still files of the original 747 within a few directories!! Thanks again!

Richard Rice

Regards,

Richard Rice

On 6/26/2017 at 4:13 AM, Twistgrip said:

Ive got the same issue except I have Fuel Lo Stab R and Stab L. Master caution not resetting.

Same Here!

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Hi Richard,

Your welcome!, I'm glad you got it sorted!. :biggrin:

I had some good advice from the PMDG team and hence thought id post their reply to me to try and help out here. I only run P3D on my system so cannot comment on the FSX side of things. (Although I did swap from FSX to P3D early in the year but i built a new PC for P3D) Im guessing you do the same for FSX folders?.

Hi Scott,

If you try the steps outlined above in my post courtesy of the PMDG team that should solve your issues :ampun:.

That seems to have worked. I'll run a proper test flight later.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!