Sign in to follow this  
captaindylan

Why can't I hold the starter?

I recently downloaded a freeware Grumman Mallard for FSX. However, the only way to successfully start it is using CTRL - E. The problem is that I cant hold the starter switch over to one side for more than a couple of seconds before it re centers back to the off position. I know for a fact that I could crank the engine over and start it if only I could hold the starter switch in one position for a prolonged period of time, without the switch resetting to its neutral position. I am using FSX Boxed Edition. 

Thanks!

I have the M. Jahn Turbo Mallard.  Is this the one you are having trouble with?  If its a different one

then give a link or .zip file name and I am more than willing to test it.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Downloading now from your link!  Will report back in an hour or so.  Some engines are a bit

cranky when trying to start.  Some known causes are engine cranking torque is too low and/or

setting the throttle to midway while starting can help out.

normalized_starter_torque=

This is what you might want to try increasing the number for.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21371&catid=201

Also available at Flightsim.com  fs9mallardradial.zip

This is a Milton Shupe FS2004 Mallard radial engine aircraft.  Many repaints available for it and

best of all I tried it and the starter switched worked for both engines.  Make sure both

fuel pumps are on before starting.  These fuel pumps sound way different than the

other Mallard.  Maybe that was the problem?

Charlie Aron