Sign in to follow this  
alexbhms

Directx12 does not download components 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

Hi Guys

Fisrtable sorry for my poor English, it is not my native language.

I have been experiencing a problem during the installation of all PMDG airplanes, when installing Directx components, it stops and says that it is not possible to download the components and asks to check my connection or try later.

Some information:

Clean win10 lastest version

P3D V3 (lastest version)

Directx12 (dxdiag ok)

Latest PMDG products versions

Internet connection ok

Already tried with antivirus turned off

GTX770 Lastest drive (already tried other drive versions)

After this error, I enter the simulator and the plane seems to work normally, all aircraft systens work fine, but I have some lags when using a PMDG airplane.

So, I have two questions:

1 - Could the directx components failure be the lag reason?

2 - Do you have any idea how I fix this instalation problem?

Thank You

Alexandre Mendes de Souza

7 minutes ago, alexbhms said:

Hi Guys

Fisrtable sorry for my poor English, it is not my native language.

I have been experiencing a problem during the installation of all PMDG airplanes, when installing Directx components, it stops and says that it is not possible to download the components and asks to check my connection or try later.

Some information:

Clean win10 lastest version

P3D V3 (lastest version)

Directx12 (dxdiag ok)

Latest PMDG products versions

Internet connection ok

Already tried with antivirus turned off

GTX770 Lastest drive (already tried other drive versions)

After this error, I enter the simulator and the plane seems to work normally, all aircraft systens work fine, but I have some lags when using a PMDG airplane.

So, I have two questions:

1 - Could the directx components failure be the lag reason?

2 - Do you have any idea how I fix this instalation problem?

Thank You

Alexandre Mendes de Souza

Alexandre,

The 747 and P3D are not directX 12 programs.

If you are getting download failures, it is related to your internet connection.

This wouldn't introduce any lag, that's down to your system

During installation of any PMDG product, the installer launches a Microsoft installer to ensure the correct version of DirectX is installed.  It only needs to be run once.  In my system, I get errors every time the Microsoft installer runs so I simply cancel it and let the PMDG installer finish its job.  Chris is correct, P3D is using DirectX11 as far as I know. DirectX12 is the latest incarnation that is backwards compatible.  Lags or stutters will not be cause by this issue.  If DxDiag gives you a clean bill of health then this is not a problem

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, downscc said:

During installation of any PMDG product, the installer launches a Microsoft installer to ensure the correct version of DirectX is installed.  It only needs to be run once.  In my system, I get errors every time the Microsoft installer runs so I simply cancel it and let the PMDG installer finish its job.  Chris is correct, P3D is using DirectX11 as far as I know. DirectX12 is the latest incarnation that is backwards compatible.  Lags or stutters will not be cause by this issue.  If DxDiag gives you a clean bill of health then this is not a problem

Thank you very much !

My computer is only for P3D simulator. Should I downgrade to directx 11 or keep the directx12 ?

12 minutes ago, alexbhms said:

Should I downgrade to directx 11 or keep the directx12 ?

Heavens no, it is fully backwards compatible with 11, and 10 and 9 and yada yada.  I have 12, I assume it's part of Windows 10 and yeah just confirmed that with Google.

Dan Downs KCRP

12 hours ago, alexbhms said:

Thank you very much !

My computer is only for P3D simulator. Should I downgrade to directx 11 or keep the directx12 ?

You can't download your directX version. It is built into the OS.

DirectX 12 is built into your OS , there is no possible downgrade. Shouldn't need to even run that DirectX installer on Windows 10 as everything should already be in place. If you suspect corrupted DirectX, run system file checker and scan for corrupted files on your windows install.