Sign in to follow this  
king1706

Prepar3d V4

-After downloading all programs and all add ons GSX stopped my prepar3d V4 . I am getting a message saying there is a duplicate SOUD program and I need to close it from the task manager. Done that 4 times prepar3d doesn't start getting same message . 

Went in the App data deleted files for SOUD , restart no luck prepar3d cannot start I have been reading for the past 5 hours all forums and tried to follow up lost of steps still no luck. Before I delete everything and start building again is anyone knows a solution. The sim was running perfect till this issue 

Thank you 

Amr 

On your desktop you should have an icon stating FSDT Live Update.  Click on that and it will update install as required.  FSDT is not the only program that uses Sode.  It is installed in the add-ons.cfg (located in the same file as your scenery.cfg).  Perhaps the other program did not shut it down properly.  I've seen the same error msg but I let P3D completely shutdown first.  You can look in the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and see if Sode is running or P3D and terminate them.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim and Yves done all the steps no luck when launching prepar3d V4 I am stuck on the black logo again and  nothing else happen :(

Hi Olmba 

do you mean preprar3d.exe.config  ? I just want to make sure  Thanks 

Amr 

My Apology unbeleivable 

same message : Another SODE process is still running in the background. Please kill the process in Task Manager and restart the sim 

I already deleted from the task manager prepar3d looks like starting but before loading is completed I get the same upper message again. 

it is not even showing in my dll.xml 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_connect_64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I have done that four times also deleted the config files before exiting and restart still no luck after restarting I go straight to Prepar3d click and I get the black screen of prepar3d and nothing happen after that . I am not sure what happened once I downloaded the GSX today and restarted the computer this happened. 

Uninstall GSX & SODE reboot computer then restart P3D. If no errors then reinstall SODE only, then restart P3D. If no errors then reinstall GSX.

3 hours ago, king1706 said:

it is not even showing in my dll.xml 

It will not show up there with the new add-on.xml's.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Will try this method and let you know 

Many thanks for all the assistance 

Amr 

I've seen this one before.  When you installed the FSDT you probably already had a SODE module installed.  Check your control panel programs list and see if you have an older version.  Only keep one version on your system.

Dan Downs KCRP