Sign in to follow this  
A380mick

PMDG no ICAO codes

Hello,

I recently have a problem with the PMDG 777 if I try to plan my flight in the FMC I can't put in any ICAO codes, it always says "not in database". When I load the scenery with the 777 though a message always comes up, which says "Cannot open AIRAC navaid database file". Does this maybe have to do something with the issue? Does anyone of you know what to do?

Thank you in advance:)

First off, I see this is your first post, so WELcome to the forum. I imagine this is why you posted the thread here, as I believe an administrator has to approve your account in order for you to post elsewhere. As I understood it, this was to cut down on the risk of spam. That said, I am guessing this is likely to be moved to the PMDG support forums, in which case, they do require full names in your posts on their support forums.

I guess my first question is did you recently update your navigation data, and what AIRAC cycle are you using.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Sounds like your NAV data is corrupted.  Do you use Navigraph to update your NAV data?  Check your PMDG folder and look for NavData.  In this folder is the airports, waypoints, etc.  You should then have another folder with SIDSTARS.  This is all installed with the PMDG 777.  You can then update the data via Navigraph if you desire.

4 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

I am guessing this is likely to be moved to the PMDG support forums

Just wanted to make your comment clear with our policy of moving topics/posts.  When a member posts questions in the AVSIM forums they stay in the AVSIM forums.  If he wants to post in the PMDG Forums when he has the ability to post, then he can but he will have to comply with their rules.  We also do not move anything non-related to PMDG out of the PMDG forums.  Those are PMDG's support forums, not AVSIM's.  Otherwise your response is right on!!! :biggrin:

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Just wanted to make your comment clear with our policy of moving topics/posts.  When a member posts questions in the AVSIM forums they stay in the AVSIM forums.  If he wants to post in the PMDG Forums when he has the ability to post, then he can but he will have to comply with their rules.  We also do not move anything non-related to PMDG out of the PMDG forums.  Those are PMDG's support forums, not AVSIM's.  Otherwise your response is right on!!! :biggrin:

My bad. I guess I had assumed it would have been moved there since more people would be likely to help with the thread being there versus here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

The OP can post in the PMDG Forum when he has full access which I will activate now.  The New Member forum is a place where new members can get started in the forums.  For many, forums are intimidating and we do not want our members to feel intimidated. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10