Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Flight1 King Air or Flysimware Learjet 35?

Xtreme Prototype's Lear

Updated version out soon.

Mark

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, newtie said:

Xtreme Prototype's Lear

Mark

+1

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

The Flight 1 King Air is my favorite GA aircraft. It is being updated for P3Dv4 but it will have a small update charge. I do not have the Lear 35.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

54 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

You have to pick one on a limited budget, what airplane do you choose the King Air or Learjet?

King Air. High quality modeling and some nice features

The lear 35 from flysimware is a fine add-on and I have got a lot of fun out of it.  It has the gtn vc integration, rex wx radar vc integration, fsfx effects pack availability, and is just a blast to fly.  Texture wise it's below the king air.  I also love the F1 king air, depending on the kind of flying I want to do.  But if I had to only choose one, the Lear 35.  I'm partial to biz jets.

• Upvote 1

I have both. I've never been able to get the F1 King Air to work properly (that's just me, I guess).

However, I wish I could get the King Air sorted out because the model and VC are super nice. And, as said above, it has some really nice features.

The Lear is very nice too, but not as pretty inside.

Keep in mind the F1 product can be refunded within 30 days of purchase.  (I should of taken advantage of this, but stubbornly thought I could sort out the FPS issues) 

Two top rate aircraft. You'd be happy with either, I bet.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Xtreme Prototype's Lear should be superb and could be the cream of light jets which is just what we need, but from what i read do not expect Cheap,

Peter

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, newtie said:

Xtreme Prototype's Lear

Mark

+1

12 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

You have to pick one on a limited budget, what airplane do you choose the King Air or Learjet?

Depend if you want to fly a prop or a jet! IMHO both are great(I know it doesn't help:huh:)

Regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

4 hours ago, wizzards said:

do not expect Cheap

Quality never is.

Mark

King Air is mundane, predictable. Lear keeps you honest and you are always trying to stay ahead of it. Lots of quirks which if you get sloppy or don't show it the proper respect will bust yer butt. I own all and the flightsimware imo is the best version. You want a stable,common as crab grass well mannered large twin or a rocket that has the overspeed warning always blaring along with the 8 track player and shag carpet? Besides, when I take off I want to be a fl 40 grand before the FBO's phones light up with noise complaints

• Upvote 1

The three aircraft mentioned in this thread are superb biz aircraft.  I've flown the F1 king air round and round online and off.  If you have a fairly powerful rig I'd recommend that one.  The Flysimware Lear is probably the lightest on fps (of course it doesn't have three huge glass screens).  The XP Jets Lear 25 is also very good choice, it was hard on my VAS in P3D v3 and a bit rough on fps - but aside from systems it also looks the best of all three of these.  The F1 king air is much older but with newer paint schemes, it can really hold its own in the eye candy department.

I own them all - can't decide which one for you lol

I just hope the F1 GTN 750 get's ported to P3D v4 - so I can use it in both lears. The F1 G1000 is pretty good as well in the king air, but I'm not sure if that even works in P3D.

XPJ Lear 25

35401230111_372ffa5392_o.jpgxpj by ryan b, on Flickr

FSW Lear 35

35531692815_a6656efd64_o.jpgfsw by ryan b, on Flickr

F1 King Air B200

35401229631_e174f1ed08_o.jpgUntitled-10_37 by ryan b, on Flickr

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'd say it would depend on how and where you like to fly and what sim you are on, plus some 'realism considerations' if that is a big deal to you, for example if you use Air Hauler or FS Passengers or whatever and have to consider real world costs as part of your sim experience, crew requirements etc, then the Lear is more costly. In a sim however, the only real cost consideration one is forced to adhere to, is how much the add-on costs, which in the case of those two add-ons, makes the Lear 35 the winner since it is quite a bit cheaper than the 200.

One other cost you might also need to consider of course, is your hardware; I've found the FlySimWare can be a bit tough on VAS and was one of those add-ons which would get up to the VAS OOM dinging sound pretty easily on high slider settings in FSX, so if you are not on V4 of P3D, that might be a consideration. This is fairly surprising actually, since the FlySimWare Lear is not as pretty graphics-wise as a lot of other flight sim aeroplanes, but having said that, it is in no way ugly, just not as flashy in the VC or external model with the eye-candy as some others. It is perhaps indicative of the fact that there is a lot going on under the hood, as there is no denying the FlySimWare Lear is a very true-to-real-life simulation of the real aeroplane, which is why it has a big following, particularly here on Avsim's forums.

Over in the real world, the Lear 35 can require a lot of runway in the wet to get down and stop with good safety margins (depending on conditions and surface etc, since the jet is more likely to need a 'nicer' runway than the prop). The King Air 200 can get down onto a runway in well under 3,000, which is less than the Lear's runaway length requirement, however, at decent weights, the approach speeds are not that different between the too, but you've still got to stop the thing and since the Lear weighs more and is a bit slicker aerodynamically, it is likely to require more stopping distance. As in real life, in your sim, this tougher runway requirement means the Lear might be a bit more limited in which airports you can operate it to and from, because like many LearJet variants, the 35 can have high approach speeds when near the max weight and so that means on balance the King Air can easily get into more places than a LearJet ever could and it can certainly get out of more since a LearJet 35 needs nearly 5,000 feet of runway to take off, which is more than a King Air would require, so if you have some smaller fancy payware airports you like to fly from, you are more likely to be able to do so in the Beech.

Then you've got range, ceiling, payload and speed to consider, the Lear 35 has more range than a 200, it can go about 10,000 feet higher and is getting on for about 150 knots faster too, so it can take advantage of more favourable weather, which can have a bearing on fuel usage and range too. Since in the real world, your time is valuable, how long it takes you to fly from one destination to another in your sim can have a bearing on matters, and jets are always going to be the winner in that particular race. Payload-wise, the Beech is the winner, which again, may have a bearing on matters depending on how realistic you want to get with your sim flights.

If you want to get nerdily resalistic too, as far as ground handling is concerned, they are reasonably similar in size, so there's little to choose on that score re turning circles, hangarage etc. Again, going into 'nerd mode' if you use sim add-ons which take into account operational costs, unit price etc, there is little to choose between the two, both the LearJet 35 and the Beech 200 (when bought used) cost about the same, depending on the exact model and year. There is also (in the real world) the additional consideration of crew operations if you again go for sim realism; you are unlikely to find a LearJet being operated be a single pilot (I think the model 23 can be flown single, but all the others are two crew jobs as far as I know), whereas in many places, the King Air can be operated single crew although in places like the UK for commercial operations, it would have two crew members. This means you might have to consider something like Multi-Crew experience add-on if you are going full-nerd realistic with the LearJet and in stuff like Air Hauler, it might also require two crew to operate it.

Beyond all that stuff, you really can't go wrong with either of them, and indeed with the XTreme Prototypes Lear too, which is also very cool.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here