Sign in to follow this  
cx777

No beacon lights after update

I downloaded the micro update last night, I fired up p3dv4 and I noticed that the beacon lights do not work. I only see the ground spalsh effect on the ground. Any one else experiencing this?

Eric Moser

Yes. Same problem here, except no ground splash; just engine nacelle splash.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

UPDATE: After multiple reloads at different locations and with different liveries, I am now getting all lights to show up (other than the landing light twist). I have not changed anything since and am quite puzzled. Maybe it was a shader issue after all.

---

Confirmed. And inboard left/right landing lights are reversed.

No issues  here  after the update  using  fsx,   your not    using   your  saved  panel  state   from the previous version bdfore  the update by any  chance?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

11 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

No issues  here  after the update  using  fsx,   your not    using   your  saved  panel  state   from the previous version bdfore  the update by any  chance?

The initial post mentioned P3D V4, so I'm guessing this is a P3D specific issue. I haven't noticed anything running FSX Steam.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I also have this issue now after updating today and nothing I new or reloading it is making the beacons work again.  Hope they fix it, I like seeing them on lol.  Anybody know how to fix it

and yes landing lights reversed on mine also.  I think the micro update to fix the performance with dynamic lighting took them away.  Tried deleting shaders folder and letting it rebuild and still nothing

P3Dv4. Everything works fine for me. Plus landing lights are correct. Version: v3.00.8370

On the 747-400F, I'm getting the bottom beacon but not the top. The switch is set to both. 

Alex Pugh

I'm surprised someone hasn't dropped in to explain why some are having problems.

Just curious as to why mine works and others don't.

43 minutes ago, bills511 said:

I'm surprised someone hasn't dropped in to explain why some are having problems.

If you're asking why PMDG hasn't replied, it's because it's the weekend.

6 hours ago, bills511 said:

Well I cannot tell you the root cause but I can tell you one thing, if it's broken for some and not for others then it's not the 747 that's the issue, it's something specific to those user's machines that's causing this.