Sign in to follow this  
cx777

No beacon lights after update

25 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Well I cannot tell you the root cause but I can tell you one thing, if it's broken for some and not for others then it's not the 747 that's the issue, it's something specific to those user's machines that's causing this.

Or loading PMDG aircraft after starting with another which is a definite no no.

• Upvote 1

May I retort?

The problem started with the last update. Thus, not a machine issue.

Certain machines running P3Dv4 have this problem after the update? Ok. That's the case, perhaps.

This reminds me of the landing lights' splash not showing up for some people (awhile back). PMDG fixed it.

I don't expect an immediate fix. We who reported this problem are trying to be helpful and document a problem which surfaced after the last micro-update.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

25 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

May I retort?

The problem started with the last update. Thus, not a machine issue.

Certain machines running P3Dv4 have this problem after the update? Ok. That's the case, perhaps.

This reminds me of the landing lights' splash not showing up for some people (awhile back). PMDG fixed it.

I don't expect an immediate fix. We who reported this problem are trying to be helpful and document a problem which surfaced after the last micro-update.

If  the update has broken the beacon lights, we would expect more people to notice that they are broken and nobody to report that it works. Each copy of the 747 running the latest version is identical (okay repaints aren't but the underlying code is identical), the environment in which they operate is not identical. So the only thing different between your 747 and my 747 is the environment in which we run it. Now if it works for me (I haven't checked) but not for you, then there is something in your environment causing that, but it can't be the 747 because the code is the same between yours and mine. PMDG may be able to fix this if the issue is an incompatibility between the 747 and another addon or P3D, but considering again that it is not been a widespread reported issue, we can fairly confidently assume that it's not P3D. It's fairly reasonable to assume that the problem itself isn't necessarily with the 747, but rather with something else that isn't compatible.

• Upvote 1

Same beacon issue here after the latest update.  Splashes are visible but the beacons themselves don't illuminate.

Did anyone submit a trouble ticket?  That's the only way problems are identified and tracked in the PMDG bug tracking system.  Forum threads get forgotten.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, I submitted a ticket yesterday and have been messaging back and fourth with tech desk.  They still haven't figured out the problem.  I think there is more than likely alot more people who have this issue they are just not realizing it

1 hour ago, bkosaruejr said:

Yes, I submitted a ticket yesterday and have been messaging back and fourth with tech desk.  They still haven't figured out the problem.  I think there is more than likely alot more people who have this issue they are just not realizing it

I just saw a post in the LM forum regarding default aircraft not having a beacon.  I haven't checked yet, but is this a P3D issue?

EDIT: Gave the Beech twin a look but it doesn't have dynamic lighting. That pretty much exhausts my troubleshooting ability.

Dan Downs KCRP

What a disappointment.

P3D 4.1 update.  Both red beacon lights ON.

Shut down the sim, updated the 747.

Ran P3D 4.1 and no beacon lights.

All I did was update through PMDG's updater.

Jack Sawyer

She is a beautiful 747 so I wouldn't say it's disappointing.  Pmdg did an amazing job with her.  Just hope we can sort this beacon light out

For a big investment I like everything to work

I'm not so disappointed that I won't fly her, this plane is the best thing to ever happen to me.  When I use that phrase it's a stock phrase I use to make people laugh.  Comedy doesn't port well into threads. :biggrin:

I just tested all my planes from the MilViz Beaver to the couple of Carenados I have for playing, to all the A2A's, they all have working beacons lights.

I'm sure PMDG will get this worked out, they always do and I have plenty of patience. 

Jack Sawyer

30 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I just tested all my planes from the MilViz Beaver to the couple of Carenados I have for playing, to all the A2A's, they all have working beacons lights.

Do any of those aircraft have dynamic lighting?  Probably not, not even the default P3Dv4 aircraft have dynamic lighting.  It's a new thing and will take time to work the kinks out.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 minute ago, downscc said:

Do any of those aircraft have dynamic lighting?  Probably not, not even the default P3Dv4 aircraft have dynamic lighting.  It's a new thing and will take time to work the kinks out.

I have Dynamic Lighting turned off all the time because no matter what plane I use it halves my frames.

Jack Sawyer

22 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

If  the update has broken the beacon lights, we would expect more people to notice that they are broken and nobody to report that it works. Each copy of the 747 running the latest version is identical (okay repaints aren't but the underlying code is identical), the environment in which they operate is not identical. So the only thing different between your 747 and my 747 is the environment in which we run it. Now if it works for me (I haven't checked) but not for you, then there is something in your environment causing that, but it can't be the 747 because the code is the same between yours and mine. PMDG may be able to fix this if the issue is an incompatibility between the 747 and another addon or P3D, but considering again that it is not been a widespread reported issue, we can fairly confidently assume that it's not P3D. It's fairly reasonable to assume that the problem itself isn't necessarily with the 747, but rather with something else that isn't compatible.

When you say, "we would expect more people to notice that they are broken" you seem to imply you represent PMDG in an official capacity. Coupled with your forum name this may lead some people to believe that that they are getting some sort of official support when in fact they are not. 

Secondly, before posting this long paragraph to this user saying it could be something in their "environment"  shouldn't you have at least checked ("I haven't checked") before leading them down a path of needless trouble shooting as it appears this is a genuine issue? 

Eric