Sign in to follow this  
cx777

No beacon lights after update

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

When you say, "we would expect more people to notice that they are broken" you seem to imply you represent PMDG in an official capacity. Coupled with your forum name this may lead some people to believe that that they are getting some sort of official support when in fact they are not. 

We was a collective we meaning the forum, which I might add is not an official support route (if people read the forum rules they would know that :cool:).

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Secondly, before posting this long paragraph to this user saying it could be something in their "environment"  shouldn't you have at least checked ("I haven't checked") before leading them down a path of needless trouble shooting as it appears this is a genuine issue? 

If it was a genuine bug with the product, everyone would have it no? Yet we have cases on this very thread of people saying they have no issues.

38 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

If it was a genuine bug with the product, everyone would have it no? Yet we have cases on this very thread of people saying they have no issues.

It is a genuine bug in P3DV4, I opened a support ticket and PMDG said that they will fix it in the next micro update.

Eric Moser

28 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

...If it was a genuine bug with the product, everyone would have it no? ...

No.

Writing software is a complex endeavour. Mix in software targeting diverse hardware and you'll see things like this; where a problem shows up only on some systems.

The people reporting this are not slamming PMDG nor being shrill or demanding and I trust their observations.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I summited a ticket for this issue and have been chatting with them about it.  Today I got a response that said they still don't know what to do with this because the cannot replicate the problem.

2 minutes ago, bkosaruejr said:

I summited a ticket for this issue and have been chatting with them about it.  Today I got a response that said they still don't know what to do with this because the cannot replicate the problem.

Anonymous (full names in forums are required),

Thanks for updating everyone with PMDG's official position on this. It looks like it's pointing at P3D's new dynamic lighting system in itself being the issue, and perhaps some incompatibility between some users systems.

Funny how it worked in P3D v4, then it worked in P3D v4 hotfix, but did not work after updating with the updater.

And with Dynamic Lighting on and off I get red beacons on all my other planes.  

I'm hoping PMDG will find a solution, not a deal breaker but odd how it suddenly stopped working even in V4 hotfix only after I updated it with the PMDG updater.

Jack Sawyer

I as well no longer see the actual beacons (only reflections). Not a big deal. I know they'll fix it down the road. Just like the dynamic lights will get fixed in due time. Meanwhile I'll adjust my settings accordingly and enjoy the product(s). 

Hey everyone,

We'd like to collect some data to help try to narrow this down more - we're having trouble finding a reproduction case here. A bunch of us have tried and we're not seeing it.

1. Post a screenshot of your P3Dv4 graphics settings, including the Lighting page.

2. Are you forcing AA/AF or any other graphics settings on via Nvidia Inspector? If so, please post a screenshot of the profile.

3. Lockheed Martin recommends deleting or renaming both the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder after an update to the simulator, such as the recent hotfix. Can you try doing these things and let me know if they make any difference with the issue?

The Prepar3D.cfg is located at C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
The Shaders folder is located at C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4)

Thanks!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

No beacon light on mine either.  During the day,... nothing.  From dusk onward I get the flash on the ground but the light itself both top and bottom are not illuminating.  

I would appreciate some direction if anyone knows the fix.

Than you in advance.

David Bell

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

2 minutes ago, europrodave said:

No beacon light on mine either.  During the day,... nothing.  From dusk onward I get the flash on the ground but the light itself both top and bottom are not illuminating.  

I would appreciate some direction if anyone knows the fix.

Than you in advance.

David Bell

Read the post above yours.

Thanks.  I didn't see that one for some reason.  Im an idiot.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

I have followed the instructions closely and still the same issue as before.  No beacon light on light itself with only reflections  on ground and engines from dusk onwards.

Thanks.

David Bell

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

54 minutes ago, europrodave said:

I have followed the instructions closely and still the same issue as before.  No beacon light on light itself with only reflections  on ground and engines from dusk onwards.

Thanks.

David Bell

What about the info requested by Ryan? The more you help them out with info, the quicker they can find the cause.

Gents,

We have been running experiments on our machine to try and reproduce this issue.

We suspect that at frame rates lower than 21, the rendering of the beacon flash is occasionally out of phase with the screen update because it happens between render cycles and this causes it to appear to be missing.  At higher frame rates, this problem is mitigated because the render cycles are faster than the period of time that the light is illuminated.

Our experimentation has lead to this conclusion, we are interested in your observations to see if it supports what we are seeing.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64