Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Autopilot disconnects

Ever since I started using the 747 in P3D v4 I have been having an issue with the autopilot disconnecting during the approach and sometimes during the climb. I have read posts from other users who had similar issues and have tried amending the null zones, recalibrating as suggested, etc but  to-no-avail.  In addition to disconnecting it is also impossible to lock onto LOC or ILS during the short intervals the autopilot is engaged before it switches itself off. Have also calibrated the Yoke, Throttle and Pedals in FSUIPC and they work beautifully.  Have never experienced this issue before on any of the previous P3D and FSX platforms and basically I have run out of ideas on how to fix it. I get the feeling this is possibly a bug but would welcome any feedback. Any ideas? 

Best regards

i could never get my old stick calibrated correctly, it was always too sensitive. but it is possible to override the disconnect behavior. i actually prefer this method because usually if i deflect the stick with the autopilot on it's because i accidentally bumped it.

the setting is here:

fmc->menu->setup->pmdg options->simulation->next page(2/10)->ctl input with AP on

flip that and it will ignore your stick inputs while the AP is active

cheers -andy crosby

• Upvote 1

Hi Andy, unfortunately that setting is already on and it still disconnects. I was wondering if the reason could be to do with the fact I set all my Saitek peripherals on Raw Input instead of Direct Input, the former allows me to calibrate via FSUIPC.

Thanks for the reply.

Bests

28 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Hi Andy, unfortunately that setting is already on and it still disconnects. I was wondering if the reason could be to do with the fact I set all my Saitek peripherals on Raw Input instead of Direct Input, the former allows me to calibrate via FSUIPC.

Thanks for the reply.

Bests

Running FSUIPC? Try deleting the profile.

Hi,

Just ot clear a doubt... how does the FMA look like when the AP disconnects?

The AP will self-disengage also if the pich or roll modes become unavailable for some reasons and you will see these modes struck through on the FMA.

Another person on the forum had that issue.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Haven't had a chance yet to try out Chris's suggestion regarding FSUIPC profile nor the Flight Mode Annunciator. will report back as soon as I can. Thanks for the replies.

Regards

On 6/25/2017 at 0:35 PM, Budbud said:

Hi,

Just ot clear a doubt... how does the FMA look like when the AP disconnects?

The AP will self-disengage also if the pich or roll modes become unavailable for some reasons and you will see these modes struck through on the FMA.

Another person on the forum had that issue.

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Have removed the FSUIPC profile and without fail as the aircraft gets close to the LOC/ILS altitude the AP  disconnects and the FMA shows a horizontal line crossing altitude.

Regards

Found what was causing the problem. - I am using the latest version of EZDOK for V4 and had selected for moving  up, down, right, and left the arrow keys on my keyboard and what happens is that when pressing the right or left arrows the aircraft begins to roll/bank disconnecting the AP, after that even if I try to reconnect it fails until the AP is disconnected and some trim up added then AP reconnects fine. Deleted the keyboard entries for ailerons bank/roll and all is well. Talk about not seeing the wood for the trees :-(

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Regards