Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimBrown

Full screen & undock popups

I have two monitors on one video card.As long I use FS9 in window mode I can undock lets say the GPS and radio popups and put them in the secondary monitor.If then I return to full screen mode the GPS stays on the secondary screen but the radio popup returns to the main monitor.Apparently I am the only one having this problem. Any suggestion ?

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Hello,I have the same reaction and I do not know why....yet !

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest RonB49

I'll follow this thread too, because I have the opposite problem. I have a panel which I want to appear on the primary monitor but it jumps over to the secondary the first time that I go to full screen. Going back to windowed mode, dragging the panels, and then returning to FS fixes it. But why dosen't it "take" the first time? R-

The only way to really use FS with multi-monitors is to stay in windowed mode. Too many screwy things happen when you switch to full screen.Matt

You are lucky. with me the panel will always jumpt back to the primary monitor. I could even see my screens dissapear if I keep on insisting.

Roger

Guest av84fun

Before this thread gets sent over to the hardware forum, let me just say that I THINK...that there are software applications such as WideView and/or WideFS (I don't use them so please correct me if they are not the right ones) that are specifically designed to accomodate the multi-monitor issues you are facing.Regards,Jim

Guest tdragger

For FS2004 that's true. It sucks pretty bad so we had to fix it.

Matt,I search the net with googgle. It appears that many people asked how to have undocked panels on multiscreen in full screen mode. The answer seems: NO SOLUTION.It always come back to use windowed mode when using multi-screen and several pop-ups on a secondary monitor.

Roger

Tdragger - Thank You !!!I have not had any issues with moving panels to the second monitor but it is a pain and its time consuming. 1) Switch to windowed mode. ALT-ENTER2) Undock and them move panels over.3) Switch back to full screen ALT-ENTER4) Move/Ajust and resize the panels now on the second monitor.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guest gasebah

Hi guys,I never had this problem but I had similar problems in multi monitor mode. I agree that MS really did a terrible job on multi monitor. I have no idea what they were thinking. I do not know if this helps but two things I found out.1. Do not deactivate hardware acceleration for the 2nd monitor. In FS2002 you could do this and it resulted in a jump in fps. But in FS9 all screens need hardware accelaration. If you do not have HW acceleration on the 2nd monitor the frame will jump to the primary monitor. All you can do is turn it down two notches.2. When you update your drivers FS will somehow loose focus of screen positions. Dunno why that is. But after updating your drivers when you load a saved flight which has stored screen positions FS will mess up, sometimes permanently. You have to go back to create a flight and open and drag your windows from there.3. Of course the obvious: Dragging windows to a different screen will only work in windowed mode.By following these rules I only had minor annoyances with multiscreens in FS (apart from the fact that now 2D windows on a 2nd or 3d monitor inflict a fps hit which was not the case in FS2002). I guess these are not the solutions you have been looking for, but maybe I could point you in the right direction.Alex

Emile,I succeeded to have GPS and the radio panels together on one display and still being on full screen. Just one problem: I don't know how I did it :-grr If/when I found out I will let you know.BTW I realized that GPS take 3 fps. So it would be better to use it ONLY when necessary unless you have fps to spare.

Roger

Guest RonB49

Thanks for the heads-up Tdragger. I wasn't too excited about FSX (FS9 is great) but now I can't wait for FSX. R-

tdragger,Thanks for mentioning this. I've spent countless hours messing with my hardware and software trying to resolve issues with dual screen operations. I was just about to send my video card back to the manufacturer. Now that I know its not my system, I can get back to flying and just wait for FSX.Ted.

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

>Tdragger - Thank You !!!>>>I have not had any issues with moving panels to the second>monitor but it is a pain and its time consuming. >1) Switch to windowed mode. ALT-ENTER>2) Undock and them move panels over.>3) Switch back to full screen ALT-ENTER>4) Move/Ajust and resize the panels now on the second>monitor.>>>Mark.Mark....The fact that you have to do those 4 steps IS this issue :) In FS2002, you could just stay in full screen and move things around very easily. Glad to hear it might be fixed in FSX.Matt

1) Switch to windowed mode. ALT-ENTER2) Undock and them move panels over.3) Switch back to full screen ALT-ENTER4) Move/Ajust and resize the panels now on the second monitor.Yes if 4) they stay on the secondary monitor. They jump back to monitor 1.

Roger