Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

White smoke below the 777

I've no idea regarding the PMDG T7 specifically, but I have occasionally seen a similar effect below some of the freeware planes I have. It's as iff the spray generated from the wheels on a wet runway doesn't go away (even though that smoke/spray in the video is lower that the wheels would be). I don't know how I'd repeat the effect, sorry.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

24 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

I've no idea regarding the PMDG T7 specifically, but I have occasionally seen a similar effect below some of the freeware planes I have. It's as iff the spray generated from the wheels on a wet runway doesn't go away (even though that smoke/spray in the video is lower that the wheels would be). I don't know how I'd repeat the effect, sorry.

hello Mark,

Thanks for your answer

I also think it's come from  "the spray generated from the wheels on a wet runway doesn't go away"? Why?? There is the question.

Why? Its bug. You might have been on wet runway when you took off. This can be eliminated by renaming a fx file, I forgot the name sorry but you can google that. The effect is anyway not so great looking on the wet runway, so better to get rid of it.

Regards

6 minutes ago, Prayog said:

The effect is anyway not so great looking on the wet runway, so better to get rid of it.

Regards

Thanks for your   info

Yes it is true, I will looking for on google and remove this effect

Regards

Dom

58 minutes ago, Prayog said:

Why? Its bug. You might have been on wet runway when you took off. This can be eliminated by renaming a fx file, I forgot the name sorry but you can google that. The effect is anyway not so great looking on the wet runway, so better to get rid of it.

Regards

Full names required on the forums as per forum rules.

I don't recommend deleting/renaming core P3D/FSX files, you do not know what dependencies there are for that file and in 6 months time you'll have a crash, forgotten you've renamed/deleted that file, then come crying to PMDG about how they're terrible at their job and should fix that bug immediately.

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

I don't recommend deleting/renaming core P3D/FSX files,

Hello Chris,

I do not think the problem comes from PMDG, which makes the best plane for FS.
I bought the 737 and the 777 for FSX is wonderful, thanks PMDG.

But I would like to have an answer for this white smoke  :mellow:

Regards

Dom

8 hours ago, seahawks said:

Hello Chris,

I do not think the problem comes from PMDG, which makes the best plane for FS.
I bought the 737 and the 777 for FSX is wonderful, thanks PMDG.

But I would like to have an answer for this white smoke  :mellow:

Regards

Dom

Did you depart from a 3rd party scenery? Could it be caused by that?

In the P3D V4 root folder go to the EFFECTS folder and look for the fx_spray.fx file. Remove that file but  back it up in case of problems and that should remove the spray when in flight.

10 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Yes, from London EGLL Aerosoft, a rainy day as usual.

3 hours ago, Tony747-400 said:

In the P3D V4 root folder go to the EFFECTS folder and look for the fx_spray.fx file. Remove that file but  back it up in case of problems and that should remove the spray when in flight.

I will see for fsx, thanks,

23 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

then come crying to PMDG about how they're terrible at their job and should fix that bug immediately.

If I told you I renamed fx_skidmark.fx to >OFF about 5 years ago, because it can cause a stutter on landing (another bug ) is the world going to end.?

And if my computer blew up, I will blame PMDG ? You are posting here to some of us who have been flight simmers for many years, and when trouble shooting, you have to take some risk.

Please don't post like we are little kids with our hand in the cake mixer. I like PMDG just as much as you, but your coming across as their spokes person.

BTW, have my full name down the bottom. :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

12 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

It is a well known bug, and is perfectly safe to rename the effect file.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

If I told you I renamed fx_skidmark.fx to >OFF about 5 years ago, because it can cause a stutter on landing (another bug ) is the world going to end.?

It's a risk to take, but if it caused a crash, would you honestly remember that you disabled that? My guess is no. The fact of the matter is you do not know for certain what disabling that file will or will not do, and my point was that recently there's been a trend of people experiencing crashes and pointing the blame to PMDG, when in reality it's something that THEY have done on their own system, well outside PMDG's control. PMDG are software developers, not magicians. They can fix bugs that actually exist in their products, but they can't fix bugs that customers have introduced through disabling files, installing incompatible addons etc etc. There's a limit to what we can expect of PMDG, we have to be realistic.

And if my computer blew up, I will blame PMDG ? You are posting here to some of us who have been flight simmers for many years, and when trouble shooting, you have to take some risk.

Slightly over dramatic. Bit of a difference between your flight sim crashing and the world blowing up.

Please don't post like we are little kids with our hand in the cake mixer. I like PMDG just as much as you, but your coming across as their spokes person.

I did not intend to come across as derogatory or demeaning, apologies.

BTW, have my full name down the bottom. :)

I was telling the user Prayog about the rule.

I haven't been able to view Dom's video, but when I experienced a similar effect to the one he describes I assumed it to be caused by an exaggerated simulation of hot exhaust coming from the air conditioning units under the aircraft and condensing out as white steam on a wet day.

Have you tried turning the Packs off to see what happens?

Bertie Goddard