Sign in to follow this  
Sekkha

FPS drop even with dynamic lighting off

I found something strange which I really would love to understand:

At nighttime I get an FPS drop of about 5 frames when turning on landing lights, taxi lights and runway turnoff lights EVEN WITH DYNAMIC LIGHTING DISABLED IN THE SIM !  (with dynamic lighting enabled I get slide show speed).  With just one of those lights switched on the effect almost isnt noticeable, so it seems to be the sum ..(as it is with DL on)

As there is nothing to display, what could cause this FPS drop ????  Anybody else sees that? Any explanation for it ?

Dynamic lighting? P3Dv4, I'd guess. More pertinent would be whether the OP has any other night lighting effects (ORBX, UTX etc) enabled as well as posting his hardware and sim (sliders) settings.

Either way, there's always a FPS hit with ground lighting at night.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

6 hours ago, Suniram said:

At nighttime I get an FPS drop of about 5 frames when turning on landing lights, taxi lights and runway turnoff lights EVEN WITH DYNAMIC LIGHTING DISABLED IN THE SIM !  (with dynamic lighting enabled I get slide show speed).  With just one of those lights switched on the effect almost isnt noticeable, so it seems to be the sum ..(as it is with DL on)

As there is nothing to display, what could cause this FPS drop ????  Anybody else sees that? Any explanation for it ?

Have you run the latest update to v3.00.8370 of the 747?

12 hours ago, Suniram said:

Yes had exactly the same with the 777. There is a post I started a while ago in the 777 forum titled "Dynamic Lighting Issue poss bug" I  resolved the issue by using a different Nvidia graphics driver, I think a few others did too.

13 minutes ago, Tony747-400 said:

Yes had exactly the same with the 777. There is a post I started a while ago in the 777 forum titled "Dynamic Lighting Issue poss bug" I  resolved the issue by using a different Nvidia graphics driver, I think a few others did too.

So you're alluding to the fact that the specific graphics driver version may be the culprit behind the FPS drop? Care to share what driver you reverted to in order to "cure" the issue?

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

So you're alluding to the fact that the specific graphics driver version may be the culprit behind the FPS drop? Care to share what driver you reverted to in order to "cure" the issue?

Went from 382.33 back to 376.33

On 26.6.2017 at 8:36 AM, Tony747-400 said:

many thanks for your advice!

unfortunataley it didnt help in my case. I went back to 376.33 and I also tried the newest one....no change

On 26.6.2017 at 2:25 AM, bills511 said:

Have you run the latest update to v3.00.8370 of the 747?

Yes, same thing before and after the update....