Sign in to follow this  
Kai-Uwe Wei

Liveries are damaged

hello,

the whole day I set up my new P3Dv4. In the evening I wanted to start a leg with the Queen and what happens? All liveries are damaged, even the PMDG-houses. I deinstalled the Queen and installed it again but nothing changed. The T7 looks amazingly, everything is fine there; only the Queen:mellow: What can I do now; do I have to start a ticket now?

Kai

747.jpg

By the way, this "livery" is unique I believe.:laugh:

Mainboard: ASUS ROG STRIX z370-H Gaming, CPU: CoffeeLake I7 8700K @ 5,2Ghz
Gainward CardExpert RTX 2080Ti, Monitor: LG ULTRAWIDE(38UC99) 3840*1600

32 GB RAM DDR4 3200 GSkill, Intel OptaneMemory 32GB
Windows 10 pro, MSFS and P3Dv5.1

4 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

What can I do now; do I have to start a ticket now?

Not sure...

Those textures do not look like any of our textures at all. Have you attempted to do anything custom to your sim install? Are you using some sort of tool to import things into your P3Dv4 install?

Please be as specific as possible regarding your steps to getting to this point.

Kyle Rodgers

Looks really weird... 

Quite cool livery, though... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Yes, I used the Estonia migration tool, but only for some sceneries. For aircraft installation I switched back to P3Dv4 of course. Not sure, if there is some influence and only for the 747?

By the way: after showimg this picture above I rebooted the PC and started the sim again. Now it looks different; there is no texture at all around the aircraft!

747.jpg

Kai

Using this tool is a no-no, it's better to wait, as Robert says in his pinned post.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Are those textures from a livery downloaded and installed from within Operations Center?

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

2 hours ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

Yes, I used the Estonia migration tool, but only for some sceneries.

This tool is notorious for causing all kinds of issues. It doesn't just migrate scenery. It alters your registry, which is probably causing the issue you're seeing. Deactivate and remove it.

Kyle Rodgers

I have the same issue with a couple of 3rd-party liveries (some KLM and Martinair ones) and all house liveries apart from N744GE, N744PM, N744RR, N744ER (only on the 747). I think this happened with the second patch of the 747 after the initial V4 patch. You can already see them going wrong in the scenario screen. I'm not using Estonian Migration tool.

I'm also seeing some slight texture errors with GSX. Maybe it has something to do with PTA or URP, which I think I installed around the same time, but I'm not 100% sure as I was flying the 777 a lot as it was just released at that time. Restoring shaders from PTA does not have any effect.

Edited by KenVerburg
Some more details

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

19 minutes ago, KenVerburg said:

I have the same issue with a couple of 3rd-party liveries (some KLM and Martinair ones) and all house liveries apart from N744GE, N744PM, N744RR, N744ER (only on the 747). I think this happened with the second patch of the 747 after the initial V4 patch. You can already see them going wrong in the scenario screen. I'm not using Estonian Migration tool.

I'm also seeing some slight texture errors with GSX. Maybe it has something to do with PTA or URP, which I think I installed around the same time, but I'm not 100% sure as I was flying the 777 a lot as it was just released at that time. Restoring shaders from PTA does not have any effect.

Now that you mention GSX, the odd texture swap in OPs first pic looks like push back trucks, maybe a GSX texture issue?

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

It alters your registry,

Yes, but only for the time when it is enabled. I checked the registry, folders like programdata and appdata-roaming: everything is clean. I can verify this very good with FTX central: is EMT enabled, I can choose between four sims (three faked sims in this case). I never used them of course! Disabling EMT let these entries vanish; FTXC starts directely to its main UI, because there is one sim only present..

The words from Ken are very interesting. In the beginning my Queen was out of errors too. It is not unlikely that these livery-errors were coming after the fix played in by the OC.

P.S. I just remembered when I installed the Queen the first time in P3Dv4 it was side by side installed with V3; I set the point in the two sims for installing. P3Dv3 is deinstalled now. 

Kai

11 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

Yes, but only for the time when it is enabled. I checked the registry, folders like programdata and appdata-roaming: everything is clean. I can verify this very good with FTX central: is EMT enabled, I can choose between four sims (three faked sims in this case). I never used them of course! Disabling EMT let these entries vanish; FTXC starts directely to its main UI, because there is one sim only present..

The words from Ken are very interesting. In the beginning my Queen was out of errors too. It is not unlikely that these livery-errors were coming after the fix played in by the OC.

Kai

I think the fact you're attempting to install incompatible addons from a 32 bit sim into a 64 bit sim is where your problems lie. That is always going to end in problems. PMDG have been saying for as long as I can remember that ANY migration tool is a bad idea. Any tool that forces an incompatible product into a sim is going to end in problems. My guess? You've got some corruption somewhere in your P3D install caused by this tool.

You might find this post handy:

Thanks for your opinion, I'll try a ticket. I can't agree with you; the T7 works without any problems..

Kai

8 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

Thanks for your opinion, I'll try a ticket. I can't agree with you; the T7 works without any problems..

Kai

I'll quote Robert from PMDG (and you'll get the same response to your ticket):

Do NOT install aircraft, scenery, utilities into Prepar3D v4 that were not designed using the Prepar3D v4 SDK.  (Re-read that sentence it is important!) 

Do NOT force Prepar3D v4 to utilize scenery that you previously had installed for Prepar3D v3, FSX, FSX-SE (or yes… XPL!  )

Do NOT use utilities designed to allow you to “unify” your installations by feeding non-Prepar3D v4 scenery/utilities into Prepar3D v4.

I'm very dilligent with only installing V4 stuff into P3D V4, although it's impossible to know (as a user) if it was designed with the V4 SDK. Pretty sure the FlyTampa sceneries are not for example, but then the 747 was running fine after I installed those. I'm also not using EMT since version V2. So I'm more suspicious of the second 747 patch, Ultimate Realism Pack, PTA or GSX.

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

1 minute ago, KenVerburg said:

I'm very dilligent with only installing V4 stuff into P3D V4, although it's impossible to know (as a user) if it was designed with the V4 SDK. Pretty sure the FlyTampa sceneries are not for example, but then the 747 was running fine after I installed those. I'm also not using EMT since version V2. So I'm more suspicious of the second 747 patch, Ultimate Realism Pack, PTA or GSX.

Are the PMDG-made liveries okay? Is it just 3rd party liveries? If so, I'm guessing your issue lies with the livery itself?