Sign in to follow this  
Kai-Uwe Wei

Liveries are damaged

No, a lot of the PMDG house liveries have issues, but not with the rogue texture, you see the chairs in the cabin and wing textures missing, etc. In the scenario Window GSX is not loaded I think, but it might have screwed with some textures maybe. Only house livery N744GE, N744PM, N744RR, N744ER are working (I think they're always installed the same for everyone?). And then some BA ones and KLM ones.

Maybe it has to do with certain 747 types that have the issue. I will cross-reference them with the 3rd party liveries that have issues.

I will also try uninstalling the 747 and GSX and see if I can get it back to working and then see when it breaks again. I guess the V4 hotfix (coming this week?) might also reset some stuff.

I will not be able to do this until after I get back from work (about 10 hours from now)

• Upvote 1

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

Yes, the same for me like with Ken. I can see the interieur of the cabin, so as if the planetextur is translucent. But with all liveries, house and third-party. Just did a repairinstallation of P3D but with no success. I'll wait for the hotfix too before I decide to set up the sim again.

Kai

Mainboard: ASUS ROG STRIX z370-H Gaming, CPU: CoffeeLake I7 8700K @ 5,2Ghz
Gainward CardExpert RTX 2080Ti, Monitor: LG ULTRAWIDE(38UC99) 3840*1600

32 GB RAM DDR4 3200 GSkill, Intel OptaneMemory 32GB
Windows 10 pro, MSFS and P3Dv5.1

The textures applied to simobject models, e.g. aircraft, can be easily corrupted in P3D by incorrectly layering of landclass files and global texture filenames that are not unique.  I've run into this exact problem.  First get rid of the EMT. Ugh!

Dan Downs KCRP

Tried uninstalling GSX and reinstalling the 747, both had no effect on the issue.

Now I have installed P3D V4 hotfix 1 client, content and scenery, reinstalled Orbx Global (as it gets overwritten) and then reinstalled the 747 and the issue is resolved. Also still resolved after installing the latest 747 update. 777 was and is fine.

Reinstalled GSX, still fine.

Re-applied the PTA preset, also fine.

So no idea where it actually has gone wrong, but it must be some texture that was overwritten or got corrupted. At least happy I managed to fix it this way and with all of LM's efforts to place config stuff outside the P3D directory, relatively painless.

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

2 hours ago, KenVerburg said:

Tried uninstalling GSX and reinstalling the 747, both had no effect on the issue.

Now I have installed P3D V4 hotfix 1 client, content and scenery, reinstalled Orbx Global (as it gets overwritten) and then reinstalled the 747 and the issue is resolved. Also still resolved after installing the latest 747 update. 777 was and is fine.

Reinstalled GSX, still fine.

Re-applied the PTA preset, also fine.

So no idea where it actually has gone wrong, but it must be some texture that was overwritten or got corrupted. At least happy I managed to fix it this way and with all of LM's efforts to place config stuff outside the P3D directory, relatively painless.

Glad it worked out for you, I'm guessing something somewhere along the line got corrupted or overwritten.

The Queen is back again, in her full beauty; for me too. I did a freh P3D-installation, with hotfix and the EMT is banned from my HD now. Thanks for your inputs!

Kai

Mainboard: ASUS ROG STRIX z370-H Gaming, CPU: CoffeeLake I7 8700K @ 5,2Ghz
Gainward CardExpert RTX 2080Ti, Monitor: LG ULTRAWIDE(38UC99) 3840*1600

32 GB RAM DDR4 3200 GSkill, Intel OptaneMemory 32GB
Windows 10 pro, MSFS and P3Dv5.1