Sign in to follow this  
NBouc

Selecting STAR after passing T/D results in Invalid Entry

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, FLHXRider said:

So for the team I will start the flight from the beginning (it isn't that long) and try to recreate the condition and report.

So after starting from scratch I found that the FMS behaved normally.  No matter when I tried, either prior to or after TOD, I was able to change approaches and STARs.  I'm not sure if that is helpful or not.  I have noticed that after loading the scenario occasionally other things do not appear to work as intended; for example, the displays are all blank.  But ending and restarting P3D seems to remedy that.  It's a mystery...

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

4 hours ago, FLHXRider said:

I have noticed that after loading the scenario occasionally other things do not appear to work as intended; for example, the displays are all blank.  But ending and restarting P3D seems to remedy that.  It's a mystery...

Sometimes a panel state ends up in a saved scenario with problems in it, or it is left over from an earlier version, or a stray gamma ray struck the memory and the cat is both alive and dead.... usually it is a panel state; although, I habitually reuse scenarios and have been lucky enough not to worry too much about it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Update for those who followed this topic: Problem solved !

Problem solved after installing the 777's micro update to v1.10.8443 (12SEP17). I flew many test flights to destinations where I was having the "Invalid entry" problem all the time but with this update, I am now able to change STAR and approach at will way past T/D.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64