Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Why are AI planes taking off at an ARC rather then a straight angle?

I've been noticing this for the longest time and I could even pinpoint as to seeing this even prior to P3D v4. I am runing My Traffic Pro 6a, and when I watch the planes take off, they all take off and then do this weird arch. It looks weird. I'm trying to fix this issue by seeing where the problem lies, whether it be in MT6 or the default AI. But I have disabled MT6 altogether and still see the planes take off in this weird behavior. Can anyone else report the same?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

AI aircraft have always done this - since FSX days.    Not sure why that is and surprised no-one has been able to address it.  It's annoying to watch

AI doesn't use SID and STARs, the fly straight out and when the leave the ATC traction they start turning directly to their next waypoint, ignoring terrain and so on.

Ultimate Traffice Live has solved this and theres als an Freeware software which let use the AI the right SIDs and STARS.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Would like to see what you mean, anyone have a video, GIF or something of the sorts that shows it off?

This is what mine looks like, is that what you are talking about? (Sped up obviously): https://streamable.com/lh9rz

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

15 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

AI doesn't use SID and STARs, the fly straight out and when the leave the ATC traction they start turning directly to their next waypoint, ignoring terrain and so on.

Ultimate Traffice Live has solved this and theres als an Freeware software which let use the AI the right SIDs and STARS.

I don't think that's what Aaron is referring to.  I think he means the aircraft on their initial climbout tend to 'flatten off' or level their climb attitude rather significantly, before climbing again.  It happens soon after take-off.  Watch your AI aircraft on take-off.  The leveling off is significantly noticeable.

• Upvote 2

@ErichB exactly what I'm talking about. I don't have a video of what I'm talking about, but it only happens during the initial climb during take-off. So I guess it's an FSX/P3D thing then. I hope they can fix this along with the floating runway lights. Surprised we still have these graphical drawbacks still in 2017.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

54 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Would like to see what you mean, anyone have a video, GIF or something of the sorts that shows it off?

This is what mine looks like, is that what you are talking about? (Sped up obviously): https://streamable.com/lh9rz

Yes, thats what I'm referring to right there! How the plane does this arch and then continues to fly up at a straight angle. What's the purpose of that arch? It shouldn't be there.

Noise abatement (reduced power)? There are some sensitive virtual people in the FS world, and they have rights!

• Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Don't think i've ever seen this but will double check.  Then again I use AI Controller and SuperTrafficBoard which does some tweaking to the animations.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

It's just lazy development as far as I can see. They look weird when coming into land too. There are also many other other annoying "bugs" which have been present since FSX days which now over 10 years later still haven't been addressed.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I would imagine that on the list of priority fixes that would be at or very near the bottom.

There are many people who not only do not bother looking at AI, they turn it off. Personally I have it on about 20% but I really don't care how they fly. I care how *I* fly and how my a/c behave, etc

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

AI behaviour at startup is the most significant problem. They can work fine at some airports almost straight off the bat, but others (like Heathrow for example) can be annoying with aircraft landing short/long, multiple missed approaches due to excessive height above the glideslope, aircraft diving down from high altitude etc. I really don't understand why this can't be fixed. The AI planes in Flight Unlimited 3 (yes, I keep banging on about it, and I will continue to do so) did not suffer from this kind of problem at startup, so there is no reason why it should happen in P3D or FSX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

BGL-based flight plans do not have intermediate waypoints and once airborne, the AI aircraft flies direct from the departure airport to the destination. If ATC assigns the runway based on the prevailing wind, the first move that is made by the AI aircraft is to turn to a direct course towards the destination. The UT products and any AI aircraft operating under AI Controller do not follow this simplistic behavior.

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

multiple missed approaches due to excessive height above the glideslope, aircraft diving down from high altitude etc.

These two problems stem from either poor separation between landing aircraft or a BGL flight plan with too high of a cruising altitude, given the destination airport altitude. The first problem can be ameliorated by using the separation option in Super Traffic Board. And AI Controller pretty much eliminates the issue altogether. The second problem can  be fixed by either altering the aircraft's performance characteristics or using a lower cruising FL for that particular schedule.