Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1 released

10 minutes ago, Boomer said:

"For those that are interested in updating, only the Client installer is required for Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1. The Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. You must first have Prepar3D v4 installed to utilize the Client only installer."

I am trying to use the client but windows does not let me...

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Do we remove the old client first?

spacer.png

So what do I need besides 194 MB cliet?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

1 minute ago, Piotr007 said:

I am trying to use the client but windows does not let me...

Have you uninstalled the 'client/deactivated' it first.

bob

1 hour ago, FrankSalo said:

Do you smell that? That's the NGX getting closer to release...

Few more 747 sales then they will release it.   (that's what a little 🐦 told me) 

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, onebob said:

Have you uninstalled the 'client/deactivated' it first.

bob

Do I have to drop the client inside the P3D V4 folder with all the files? I am confused.

It's literally in the release information: "To install the new Client, you must first uninstall your current Prepar3D v4 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel." - http://www.prepar3d.com/latest-news/

And then run the msi to reinstall the client. Content and Scenery are optional.

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

7 minutes ago, onebob said:

AS working here ok, thats v6383

bob

+1 AS working fine with build 6383 here

1 minute ago, KenVerburg said:

It's literally in the release information: "To install the new Client, you must first uninstall your current Prepar3D v4 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel."

http://www.prepar3d.com/latest-news/

Ok got it now. Totally understand. 

I just hope this install will not ruin things... I already tweaked.

If anyone is confused. First, go to your downloads on the LM site, expand the Individual Components drop away section by clicking on the plus sign, download the Client (184 Mb), then on your PC whilst that is downloading, go to the Control Panel and uninstall the P3D Client, then, when your download has finished, just double click your new Client and off you go. You will be able to tell it is installed on the Airport selection page of P3D because the ICAO dialog box is now moved up to the top.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 minutes ago, ProfessorMadman said:

+1 AS working fine with build 6383 here

AS do you mean activesky??  

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, tooting said:

AS do you mean activesky??  

Yes, Active Sky for P3Dv4.  The latest beta seems to connect fine to the hotfix P3Dv4 build.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, KenVerburg said:

It's literally in the release information: "To install the new Client, you must first uninstall your current Prepar3D v4 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel." - http://www.prepar3d.com/latest-news/

And then run the msi to reinstall the client. Content and Scenery are optional.

Who wants to bother with reading instructions? :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations