Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1 released

5 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

What is important in the list?

You absolutely want this HotFix, there are probably several 3rd party content providers waiting for it's release so they can release/update their products.  Some key issues were addressed especially around SimConnect.  But for the most part none of my add-ons have any issues (Virtuali, FB, Orbx, PMDG, Alabeo, Carenado, ASP4/ASCA B6383, CS, Aerosoft, UTL, etc. etc. etc.)

The Client Installer is probably all you need for the most part, but LM also made a few changes to Content but be aware any time you use the content installer you may need to re-install 3rd party content (especially those NOT using the Add-Ons process).

Performance in this build is better on my PC, but nothing was listed as performance improvements so I'm a little puzzled, perhaps the fixes to SimConnect resolve some excessive SimConnect data chatter?

Cheers, Rob.

4 hours ago, KenVerburg said:

And probably also FSUIPC5. Do we know if Pete is on holiday? ;)

No, I'm not this time -- maybe next time I'll have better luck! ;-)

FSUIPC 5.103, released earlier this evening, matches P3D4 with the Hotfix instaled.

Pete

• Upvote 9

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Poppet said:

I added quick steps to update with just the Client at the begining of this Topic,   I have also Included a link to the Complete guide at the end of the post 

Thanks Elaine!

That was absolutely the easiest update I've ever had updating P3D!

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

6 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

The Client Installer is probably all you need for the most part, but LM also made a few changes to Content but be aware any time you use the content installer you may need to re-install 3rd party content (especially those NOT using the Add-Ons process).

What does content cover over exactly, just all the various default planes, textures, sounds etc. ? Also, would any of it be relevant if your sim is completely decked out in addons, I'm thinking it's minimal what LM's content provides at that point?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

The manuals/instructions is for reading up on, what you did wrong after you broke it!

I'm pretty sure people don't read instructions because they like to come to these forums and interact either positively or negatively ... besides, if everyone read instructions there probably wouldn't be any AV related web sites ... but I do encourage reading at least Elaine's helpful tips/steps so as to enjoy a peaceful existence with P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

6 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

No, I'm not. And FSUIPC 5.103, released earlier this evening, matches the P3D4 with Hotfix.

Thanks Pete, what would we do without you ... any luck with that "list"??  Or were you talking about places to go on your next vacation list? :)

Cheers, Rob.

1 minute ago, Rob Ainscough said:

any luck with that "list"?

Not chased yet -- was waiting for the Hotfix to be released so L-M might have a little more time to look again.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

So is the latest ASN Beta already compatible with this Hotfix?

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

So is the latest ASN Beta already compatible with this Hotfix?

Yes B6383 is.

Cheers, Rob.

5 hours ago, bobrbend said:

Believe I read that a P3D v4 hotfix was required for the 773-not the NGX.

Nontheless they said they were not touching the NGX before finishing the port of the 773.

I Update  the Component Installer (Client update) and working fine...

addons:

FTX Central

VFX Central

Rex Soft Clouds

FS Real Time

Navigraph

My Traffic Professional

PMDG 777x

Road Textures

PC Specs:
Base: GYGABYTE GA-Z170X G1 Gaming
Memory RAM: 8GB (4GBX2) 3000MHz DDR4
Hard Drive: 2TB SATA-III 7200RPM HDD
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 Superclocked 6GB GDDR5
Processor: I7-6700 CPU 4.00GHz
Windows 10 Creator 64 bit Operating System

Thank you @Rob Ainscough for clarifying. I didn't know the content was updated too. Are you aware maybe which  fixes require the content? Would certainly like to avoid problems with add-ons but consider re-installing them if its worth it.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Damn, hotfix already. When I reach back in my memory to the ACES days, we could only hope SOME things would get fixed in the next version of the FS. I'm quickly becoming LM fan b.o.y, and I'm usually not a fan b.o.y of many things in life.
Thank you. I finally feel like this community is appreciated by the developers. Love it.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

f16 speed brake doesn't seem to be fixed by updating the client, same SCControl.dll in the content area...  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

12 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

f16 speed brake doesn't seem to be fixed by updating the client, same SCControl.dll in the content area...  

Hmm, the F16 in p3d is rubbish anyhow.

have you tried Falcon BMS?

bmsforum.com

• Upvote 1

spacer.png