Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1 released

Prepar3D v4 Hotfix 1 has been Released   (4.0.28.21686)  Please see the link below 

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/06/114375/

----------------------------

Moderators Note 

Only the Client Installer is required to update with the Hotfix 1,   Follow the steps to update with the Client  (In this order) 

Note: You need to Uninstall the existing Client First.   I have Included Images in the links 

1)  Navigate to your Control Panel,  Right Click on  Prepar3D v4 Academic \ Professional Client  Click Uninstall 

You will now be prompted an Option  "Are you sure you want to Uninstall the Client"  Click Yes

You will then be given an option to  "deactivate Prepar3D v4 or not",  Click No,  By doing this you will not be required to reactive your License after the Client update    

2) Sign into your Prepar3D Purchased Downloads fill out the Customer Account Information with your Email address and Account Password

Click the little + to expand the Component Installers,  The Client is a stand alone Installer, Click on  Install_Client.msi to download 

3)  Navigate to your PC Downloads, Right click on the new Install_Client.msi click Install 

4)  Confirm the update was successful,  Launch Prepar3D  Click Help >  About Lockheed Martin, Here you can confirm you have the most recent version of Prepar3D v4

For a Complete guide Including Recommended steps to take after a client Update please see Here 

Edited by Poppet
Client update Information

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

What is important in the list?

Thanks,

Added Show Only Favorites button back to Vehicle Select Screen

Many will be happy with that alone:happy:

• Upvote 4

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Making the ICAO selection the default and moving it to the top of the Select Airport screen is a nice-to-have improvement to the customer experience.

• Upvote 5

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

10 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

Many will be happy with that alone:happy:

Thought I had lost a few more marbles when I couldn't find that.

Yessss.....

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Uh-oh...

"Please be aware that some third party developers might have to update their add-ons to be compatible with the hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions."

Any idea whose add-ons may have troubles?

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

I don't have access to my P3D account right now.  Did LM push it as a small download, or does it still involve uninstalling the old client and installing the new client?  I think most of us prefer just to download a small update.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

2 minutes ago, captain_adf said:

Uh-oh...

"Please be aware that some third party developers might have to update their add-ons to be compatible with the hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions."

Could be anybody or everybody

Updated various XML configuration file encodings

9 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

Do you smell that? That's the NGX getting closer to release...

Exactly my thoughts!

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

5 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I don't have access to my P3D account right now.  Did LM push it as a small download, or does it still involve uninstalling the old client and installing the new client?  I think most of us prefer just to download a small update.

you have to update the client but it only weights 199 Mo

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, captain_adf said:

Uh-oh...

The normal ones. The same thing happened in v3.

Namely Active Sky and Orbx objectflow always need updates.