Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1 released

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

The point I'm arguing - as per the 'how to boil water' post etc - is that we're making an extremely simple process that takes a couple of minutes and is easily within everyone's tech abilities, sound far more difficult than it is by writing complex and often contradictory instructions. When we start to talk about checking the .zip checksum before step 3c or whatever, it going to put some people off applying the fix, and others will be dissuaded from moving to P3D at all because the 'constant updates' are perceived as being too arduous.

(extremely) far from my intentions getting anyone confused: lesson learned Robert, wilco.

Happy (64-bit) flying,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

2 minutes ago, ffantasy67 said:

(extremely) far from my intentions getting anyone confused: lesson learned Robert, wilco.

Happy (64-bit) flying,

Hey Massimo, wasn't trying to single you out to criticise, mate, that was just the first example I could think of! :happy:

In total, I thought the thread was a bit confusing, so was just throwing my 'it's simple' opinion into the ring. If you've got a certain way of doing things then you shouldn't feel bad about posting that on the forum, it's not like you were telling us we were stupid for not doing things your way!

Like most of you guys, I'm just here to chat and perhaps learn a few things here and there (found enough positive comments on the UT Live thread to convince me to action that tonight, so having some fun with some v4 traffic right now in between posts).

Hope everyone else is enjoying their v4 +/- hotfix flying. Cheers! 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 6/29/2017 at 6:22 AM, ffantasy67 said:

Hi there,

What I usually do at (any) LM P3D release is:

1. Downloading the full installer.zip
  2. control the checksum and unzip
  3. uninstall (from Win10 Apps & features, not from CP) LM P3D client, content and scenery, ONLY these components and NOT the main install
  4. install the new client, content and scenery components from the .msi in the unzipped folder of point 1.
  5. reboot
  6. delete P3D shader cache
  7. delete Prepar3D.cfg and fire-up P3D in order to have it rebuilt, customize my settings from scretch
  8. update FSUIPC to last version
  9. update AS16/ASCA to compatible versions
  10. deal with the rest of the addons.

Maybe a bit time consuming but effective: never had a single problem.

Good luck and happy flying,

I thought i read in the past, that if you uninstall the content this can break things like GEX (or maybe it was scenery rather)?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

It is Scenery that you are thinking of. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's