Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1 released

1 hour ago, GHarrall said:

Seriously, if you can't follow or read the instructions provided no wonder you have an entire thread about how add-ons screwed up your v4 installation. The mind boggles.....

I was too fast in wanting it all. Sorry for my enthousiasm. I forgot that P3D V4 is not the holy grail, merely a 32bit convert to 64bit (making the box of pandora larger that's all).

And for the client, it is just new for me to update this way. Sorry for that.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

12 minutes ago, CaptainGabe said:

Hm, my AS Connect is giving me an error that it is not made for this build. Downloading a hotfix from HiFi.

Version 6383 works.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Piotr007 said:

I was too fast in wanting it all. Sorry for my enthousiasm. I forgot that P3D V4 is not the holy grail, merely a 32bit convert to 64bit (making the box of pandora larger that's all).

it is the same installation method as v3.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I confirm that the logbook issue is fixed. Had to delete about 30 old entries that were bad (Chinese characters) and other missing info. Starting over with a clean logbook.:smile:

9 minutes ago, pgde said:

it is the same installation method as v3.

Do not had that one.. sorry. Coming from FSX.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

17 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

I added quick steps to update with just the Client at the begining of this Topic,   I have also Included a link to the Complete guide at the end of the post 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Julian Gruber said:

My P3D v4 is crashing (CTD) when starting after updating the client. Is anyone else having the same problem? I tried to uninstall and reinstall the client 2 times with the same result (crash).

Delete your cfg file.

Dino Rossetti

Guest JustanotherPilot

Changelog for those who don't want to leave this post

Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1

Fixes and Improvements

Fixed an issue in VR views that prevented dynamic lighting in the right eye

Fixed memory leak related to external views and vehicle textures

Fixed performance impact when entering and then exiting VR

Fixed text label size mismatches in VR

Fixed the F-16 speedbrakes

Corrected an issue where a scenario saved from the startup screen would not be loaded after a reset

Preventing vehicle sounds from playing during load

Fixed a crash on startup due to controllers using bad port and hub values

Added an unobtrusive watermark for developer licenses

Fix for a crash when using index 0 with playload stations

Fix for ICAO entries in the Logbook

Corrected the clickable mouse area of the RadarGauge

Added the Delete Scenario button back to the Scenario user interface

Fixed effect texture orientations being flipped (e.g. coastline waves)

Fixed the Graphics Profile Name not syncing with the correct saved graphics settings

Fixed issue related to the flag SIMCONNECT_CLIENT_DATA_PERIOD_ON_SET not working with SimConnect_RequestClientData

Corrected issues with autogen Annotator building selection that would result in missed or incorrect selections

Interface windows will no longer move behind main window when losing focus

Fixed Logbook issue that was preventing logging start/end points

Corrected various issues with the Flight Instructor user interface

Added pitch, bank, heading to the GPS broadcast capabilities for electronic flight bags

Updated various XML configuration file encodings

Corrected a commands binding error with the Steering Set key

Fixed null terminating string issue when using RequestDataOnSimObject with ATC strings

Fixed issue preventing the vehicle preview screen from rendering in the New Scenario window

Changed the default textbox to ICAO for the Select Airport user interface

Fixed multiplayer crash when using Direct IP connections

Fixed errant river feature in ocean QMID 50,31 (West Africa)

No longer instantiating radios if they are not configured for an object

Fixed an issue where the vehicle preview window would not render in certain views

Fixed an issue where View Group selection would be out of sync with the context menu

Fixed an issue where undocking views would not immediately be processed

Fixed unicode issues with Traffic Toolbox

Fixed an issue where second UV channels were not correctly being exported to .X files

Fixed scenery.cfg encoding issue after leaving the Scenery Library view

Fixed an issue where SimConnect applications were receiving the wrong event id

Fixed an issue regarding minimum temperature in the Advanced Weather view

Fixed an issue where the Scenery Library was not reporting all errors

The Select Airport view’s ICAO search box is now above other search boxes

Minor layout updates to the Select Airport screen

Content error reports will now have more detailed XML parse error messages

Fixed a crash in the Shp2Vec tool when compiling polygons with less than three points

Fixed an issue where malformed DLL.xml and EXE.xml files would cause Add-on DLL and EXE to fail to load

Fixed an issue where multiplayer settings were not correctly assigned when using the Direct Connect method

Added reverse thrust axis events

Fixed issues with certain locale settings

Fixed incorrect locations of certain buildings and bridges in Instanbul

Traffic settings now save again in Graphics Profiles

Added exception handling for error that would occur when certain audio codecs were installed

Fixed crash that could occur when making modifications to the Scenery Library with add-on scenery

Fixed issue that caused stars to draw in the incorrect order

Added Show Only Favorites button back to Vehicle Select Screen

Is anyone else getting CTDs after the update? I followed the instructions and have tried twice now. 

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Hello Yoda 

Its possible you have Add On's Installed that will require an Update to run with the most current version of Prepar3D v4,   Utilities like Active Sky Next\2016 and so on 

But as a process of elimination Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder,  Then launch Prepar3D and test 

2 minutes ago, Yoda967 said:

Is anyone else getting CTDs after the update? I followed the instructions and have tried twice now. 

I was getting CTDs after the update.  Once I rebooted the computer, I no longer had CTDs.  

Also, I noticed that the first time I loaded P3D after the update (and before rebooting), SpeedTrees were active even though they were disabled in the GUI.  I'm not sure where the conflict originated from.

Anyone having issues with the Save/Load scenario buttons after updating the Hotfix?

Looks like the buttons are not working properly in the menu. At the startup screen I see similar issues as well, hmmm

53 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello Yoda 

Its possible you have Add On's Installed that will require an Update to run with the most current version of Prepar3D v4,   Utilities like Active Sky Next\2016 and so on 

But as a process of elimination Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder,  Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Thanks, Poppet. Deleted both, no joy.

52 minutes ago, blackbird7 said:

I was getting CTDs after the update.  Once I rebooted the computer, I no longer had CTDs.  

Also, I noticed that the first time I loaded P3D after the update (and before rebooting), SpeedTrees were active even though they were disabled in the GUI.  I'm not sure where the conflict originated from.

Thanks, Blackbird. I rebooted after each attempt at reinstall, because that's what the instructions call for. 

EDIT: Seems to be working now, when starting the sim with the Prepar3d default scenario (with the F-22.) My own usual default with the default Mooney at KMYF isn't working when I try to use it to initialize the sim, but it does work if I initialize the sim with the default Prepar3d scenario. This leads me to suspect that ORBX sceneries aren't fully compatible yet.

Edited by Yoda967
Update troubleshooting effort
  • Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

29 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

They fixed the waves!

:biggrin:

Surfs up!

• Upvote 1