Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1 released

Updated last night and having no issues that I can see. Tested the PMDG 747 at my usual FlyTampa Corfu and was getting 50+ FPS from the pilot seat and 80-90 FPS external with most settings maxed.

From EGFF to YSSY

10 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I think I can help those people out...

How to boil water in a v4 kettle: 

1. Open the kettle lid.

2a. If there is water in there, proceed to step 2c (there is no need to uninstall existing water prior to this upgrade).

2b. Find a tap (should be on your sink). Turn counterclockwise, if in northern hemisphere. Ensure kettle is underneath. Install new water into kettle. 

2c. Replace lid on kettle, ensuring that is in fact the correct lid.

Between steps 2b and 2c, you forgot to turn off the tap after filling your kettle, so now your kitchen is flooded :)

I'll admit I'm the biggest moaner on here, (I'm a hard and demanding customer to please) but my weekend just gone with p3d v4 and the 777-200 was the best I've had in donkeys years. Qudos to the p3d team

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

Unfollowing. :biggrin:

7 hours ago, Pivot said:

Well i am in need of assistance here; just went through steps 1, 2 & 3 making sure I selected "NO" off item 1. I think that was a wrong move, now on trying to reinstall the updated client i get an error "another version of this product is already installed. Too Bad.." Tried a reboot which didn't help. Anyone else hit this snag and figured a way around it less redoing the whole **** thing? I do have version 3.4 on this same PC/Drive could that be an issue here.

Just run the whole routine again making sure the P3DV4 Client is really uninstalled in step 1.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

8 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Me too, I did change my AffinityMask (running 8c/16t CPU) so as to only use 8 real cores which I guess is perhaps where I'm seeing the performance benefit (far fewer long frames)?  But build 21686 is golden for me with my AM adjustment.  My main FS system is running so well with P3D V4 and many add-ons (including Dynamic Lighting), I'm almost hesitant to change out my 5960X for my 7900X that just arrived today (still waiting for motherboard and water block to arrive - tomorrow).

db5f69ade517b524230c0d6069286c30.jpg

Hoping for a smooth transition as this is my main FS PC.

Cheers, Rob.

I did'nt know it was already avalaible !

Let's know what you get when you will receive it =)

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

7 hours ago, Pivot said:

Well i am in need of assistance here; just went through steps 1, 2 & 3 making sure I selected "NO" off item 1. I think that was a wrong move, now on trying to reinstall the updated client i get an error "another version of this product is already installed. Too Bad.." Tried a reboot which didn't help. Anyone else hit this snag and figured a way around it less redoing the whole **** thing? I do have version 3.4 on this same PC/Drive could that be an issue here.

Pivot

If you still have P3Dv3 on your system, you probably uninstalled the v3 client. That's what happened to me.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

@Rob Ainscough Nice, how much is the i9 in your country? Here it is 1000€ which is not too cheap :D

Really looking forward to your experience with it and P3D.

9 hours ago, Pivot said:

Hello 

When you Uninstall the existing client you will see 2 windows with prompted Options 

1) The first window is the generic window that asks you  "Are you sure you want to Uninstall the Client"  Click  Yes

2) The second window asks you  "If you want to deactivate the License"  You can click No here,  By clicking No your License will stay active  

I have updated the first post of this Topic to Included this first window message 

49 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello 

When you Uninstall the existing client you will see 2 windows with prompted Options 

1) The first window is the generic window that asks you  "Are you sure you want to Uninstall the Client"  Click  Yes

2) The second window asks you  "If you want to deactivate the License"  You can click No here,  By clicking No your License will stay active  

I have updated the first post of this Topic to Included this first window message 

Thank you Poppet, but unfortunately, that is exactly how I did it. As indicated, I clicked the NO for keeping my activation and I think that is where things went wrong. I received both cues as noted, now the system thinks it is still installed even though the client has been effectively removed. I guess I will just go ahead and do the complete removal though I hope I can remove the A2A birds with the client file missing first. Thank you for the assistance though. Oddly enough, I saw this exact same error on some forum yesterday but for the life of me, or google, cannot seem to find it now. No biggie live & learn.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

If you still have P3Dv3 on your system, you probably uninstalled the v3 client. That's what happened to me.

Thank you Nemo, but that was not the case either. V3 still sits fine with all specific items installed. It was definitely V4's Client install.. Will go through the gamut tonight when I get home and just bit the bullet and uninstall the whole thing. Thank you for the reply though..

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

1 hour ago, gboz said:

Just run the whole routine again making sure the P3DV4 Client is really uninstalled in step 1.

gb.

Yes sir, that what I resolve to do this evening. No biggie other than I will need to re-download the complete new installer. I can fly XP11 while I wait..:biggrin:

Regards,

Pivot

24 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Thank you Poppet, but unfortunately, that is exactly how I did it. As indicated, I clicked the NO for keeping my activation and I think that is where things went wrong. I received both cues as noted, now the system thinks it is still installed even though the client has been effectively removed. I guess I will just go ahead and do the complete removal though I hope I can remove the A2A birds with the client file missing first. Thank you for the assistance though. Oddly enough, I saw this exact same error on some forum yesterday but for the life of me, or google, cannot seem to find it now. No biggie live & learn.

I uninstalled the client and deactivated the license. Next, I installed the new client and activated it again, and this worked.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

27 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Are you on win10?

I thought I'd removed the client through settings but I hadnt really.

In win10 apps settings right at the bottom there is a hyperlink to the real programs settings.  Win 10 had allowed me to remive it from the Apps list (each app has a confusing 'uninstall' option) but that had NOT uninstalled it from the programs settings!

After I uninstalled the client through there everything then went as planned...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, tooting said:

I'll admit I'm the biggest moaner on here, (I'm a hard and demanding customer to please) but my weekend just gone with p3d v4 and the 777-200 was the best I've had in donkeys years. Qudos to the p3d team

Yes you are :biggrin:

But joking aside if you're happy with v4 and the updated 777-200, that does say a lot coming from you. Good to hear.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip