Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XP11 is simply the best...

I have paired down my excess FPS by utilizing all features, and to give me pretty constant 30 FPS.

XP11 is fabulous now...and here I am just off the north coast of Lake Erie, heading towards Toronto Island Airport....

I've got everything in a sim I could  want...authentic scenery via self-generated high zl ortho, great FPS, smooth animation, and a great load of sky to fly through!

The screenshot details come out much better, if you view the pics, by left clicking twice on each screenshot, to bring up the maximum view size....

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_21.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_20.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_19.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_18.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_12.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_11.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_9.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_7.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_5.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_2.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_3.png

• Upvote 4

Very nice. I recently moved over to XP11  and am enjoying it. It appears to be a superior rendering engine compared to FSX/P3D. I can fly around NY in the JarDesign A330 with complete fluidity. Terrain features and landclass are organized much better too. And the night lighting/environment... geez...

Need to track down some ReShade settings (and v3.0.4 since the newer versions are apparently not playing nice with XP) and also waiting for HiFi's weather engine.

1 minute ago, garrett_frank said:

Very nice. I recently moved over to XP11  and am enjoying it. It appears to be a superior rendering engine compared to FSX/P3D. I can fly around NY in the JarDesign A330 with complete fluidity. Terrain features and landclass are organized much better too. And the night lighting/environment... geez...

Yes, this can't be beat...my P3D time has been greatly reduced per month.

Hi Sesquashtoo

I am not sure if your into tube liners, have you had a chance to check out the new fmod sound in the zobo default modified 737 800? 

The plane is quite PDMG but it get there but sound is incredible.   

Those image really look great. I temped to do my own since I am just on the west side of Lake Michigan.

Bob

22 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

Hi Sesquashtoo

I am not sure if your into tube liners, have you had a chance to check out the new fmod sound in the zobo default modified 737 800? 

The plane is quite PDMG but it get there but sound is incredible.   

Those image really look great. I temped to do my own since I am just on the west side of Lake Michigan.

Bob

Yessir!   I also fly that MOD...great sounds...great mod...

I am more though, into G.A. and 3,500 ASL, to enjoy the details of my ortho, than at the nose-bleed FL's, lol!

I do though, enjoy taking one up on occasion!:happy:

Bob...trust me...you generate the entire Great Lakes Basin at zl17/19/2, and you won't want to fly over anything else...ever....ever....

I'm no longer using overlays for daylight flights, as I have found that they mask tremendous detail, that is actually in the ortho sat capture.  Totally masks out very detailed and complex suburbs, commercial blocks, forests...very much so. I now fly as you see here, in full ortho-display splendor. When I take a dusk or night flight, I simply throw my Overlay short cut back into the Custom Scenery Folder, and on the next flight, I have all my Overlays back for streetlights, animated cars...etc. I flip back and forth with ease, since with the way Ortho4XP does its magic.  The best of both worlds...pristine high res ortho, or the same but with an overlay. All good! 

BI(ng) as the sat source will give you great detail...as you see here.

Hi Sesquashtoo

Wonderful, I agree, X-Plane 11 is the best of the best!

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The screenshot details come out much better, if you view the pics, by left clicking twice on each screenshot, to bring up the maximum view size....

Is that X-Enviro or default clouds?

13 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Is that X-Enviro or default clouds?

I have x-enviro, but recently I've been enjoying the default clouds. They look really nice now.

What are all those white specs in the lake in the last picture?

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yessir!   I also fly that MOD...great sounds...great mod...

I am more though, into G.A. and 3,500 ASL, to enjoy the details of my ortho, than at the nose-bleed FL's, lol!

I do though, enjoy taking one up on occasion!:happy:

Bob...trust me...you generate the entire Great Lakes Basin at zl17/19/2, and you won't want to fly over anything else...ever....ever....

I'm no longer using overlays for daylight flights, as I have found that they mask tremendous detail, that is actually in the ortho sat capture.  Totally masks out very detailed and complex suburbs, commercial blocks, forests...very much so. I now fly as you see here, in full ortho-display splendor. When I take a dusk or night flight, I simply throw my Overlay short cut back into the Custom Scenery Folder, and on the next flight, I have all my Overlays back for streetlights, animated cars...etc. I flip back and forth with ease, since with the way Ortho4XP does its magic.  The best of both worlds...pristine high res ortho, or the same but with an overlay. All good! 

BI(ng) as the sat source will give you great detail...as you see here.

That's instresting

I just might just try that especially along the west coast of Michigan are the St Joseph up to Traverse city. I like to capture the towns along the cost.

Bob

11 minutes ago, exodus1977 said:

What are all those white specs in the lake in the last picture?

I think its a bunch of sail boats and some other types.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 minute ago, CarlosF said:

I think its a bunch of sail boats and some other types.

Interesting. Freeware on the .org?

1 minute ago, exodus1977 said:

Interesting. Freeware on the .org?

Not really sure, it may be freeware as I haven't seen that many stock, I could be wrong, lets see if Ses chimes in.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yep, those appear to be sailboats. I like seeing autogen sailboats where you'd normally see them, but that's a wee bit of overkill (IMO). :happy: 

Especially the big ones with three masts! That's a rather special item, and only shows up in any quantity at tall-ship regattas and festivals. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Your eyesight may be better than mine, but I'm not seeing three masted ships.  What I think you're seeing is a ketch or yawl rig with a jib or genoa flying.  That makes three sails, but not three masts.  

Very nice scenery, Ses.  I may have to do the Great Lakes after I finish the New England coast up to Newfoundland.