Sign in to follow this  
slait

Air hauler 2 experiences

Does anyone have any experiences you can share around the new version if air hauler 2? It's it worth it's weight? Does it work ok in P3Dv4? Other thoughts?

- Aaron

REX is working on SimAir since like the last decade, maybe they'll be done this year. You may want to wait for it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Air Hauler 2 latest release (its still early access) works with P3D v4. I find it to be excellent and well worth it. Air Hauler 2 expands greatly on the original and adds passenger charters etc. Its everything I wanted the first Air Hauler to be. Each early access release version adds new features and fixes. Highly reccomended from me.

• Upvote 1

Yup, it works with P3D V4 (the Air Hauler 2 options only show P3D earlier versions as an option, but if you point it at P3D V4, it is happy enough and if you check the forums, it is now listed as V4 compatible despite the GUI only listing V3).

To be brutally honest, I've not really found it that different from the original Air Hauler, but that is because I've not really indulged in some of the new stuff it has in it (of which there is a lot, Humanitarian Missions, making products to complete missions, Passenger stuff, more VA stuff etc etc).

If all that new stuff is the kind of thing which floats your boat, then yes it absolutely has a lot of newer expanded features over the original, but personally I just use it the same as I did with Air Hauler 1, i.e. create a cargo airline, buy a few planes I like, hire some crew to fly some of them and do some flights myself too.

Having said that, patches for it are coming thick and fast and adding new features all the time and among the things they've added, is Nomad Mode, where you're not allowed to own any bases, and can only pick up jobs and missions from airports you've already visited. Kind of like the sound of that, as one of the things I like about Air Hauler is that it does give you plenty of reasons to go places you might otherwise have not visited, and that adds another reason to do so.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The GUI does show P3D v4 in the supported sim drop down box when you start a new company.

It doesn't show if you already have a company started from the one of the earlier builds.

Very tempting with the upgrade price. Is this only available at Justflight at this point or is PC aviator selling it too?

- Aaron

Pretty sure it is only from Just Flight at the minute, because it is still an Early Access version rather than a fully finished release, although you shoudn't worry about it being Early Access as it is very stable, in fact since they brought it out as Early Access way back in December last year, it's been through regular updates (pretty much a new version with new features added every week or so) and they've all been really stable. I don't think I've ever seen it crash or lock up.

Just Flight is actually a really great place to buy stuff fom, because they keep all your orders indefinitely as downloads and there's none of that 'you have to pay to reactivate the download' b*ll*cks that a lot of other online stores indulge in. They have a really good loyalty bonus scheme too when you buy stuff from them that is actually worth quite bit in terms of discounts on other stuff they sell, which includes things from many other developers such as A2A, Milviz, Caranedo, FlySimWare, Lorby etc. This is one or two of the many reasons why I tout them as one of my favourite developers and certainly one of my favourite online stores.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

I think my original purchase of v1 was at PC aviator which is primarily why I was curious. I assume the upgrade version would be honored even if I didn't but v1 directly from Justflight.

Thank you for your prompt and thorough replies, I appreciate the insight from someone who has clearly spent some time with the product. I think you have me sold.

- Aaron

I like it, but I'm still in search of the perfect career add-on for P3D and XP.  I don't like to be limited in the planes I can fly or tied down to bases, so FSE is an option, but it doesn't make you pay for bad flying.  Ideal Flight is great because I love flying to random airports and getting graded on the flight, but it is not yet compatible with P3D v4.  

Airhauler 2 is great. I also use FS Captain, which has been one of my favs for some years. Dutch (FSC) will be releasing a P3Dv4 version very soon.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

6 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Airhauler 2 is great. I also use FS Captain, which has been one of my favs for some years. Dutch (FSC) will be releasing a P3Dv4 version very soon.

Hi mate, I was wondering if you could tell me roughly the differences in these two programs.

I have been using FS Captain for awhile now, and while it does do a good job, I still feel like they could do so much more with it. Is Air Hauler comparable? And if so in your opinion which one is better?

Cheers

52 minutes ago, RancidViper said:

Hi mate, I was wondering if you could tell me roughly the differences in these two programs.

I have been using FS Captain for awhile now, and while it does do a good job, I still feel like they could do so much more with it. Is Air Hauler comparable? And if so in your opinion which one is better?

Cheers

Yes, no problem. They are both quite different in respect of simulating real OPS. FSC, is more for the airline environment, and AH2 is more Cargo, and charter ops. In AH2, you can create your own Carter airline, or Cargo, and you need to make a profit or go bust. It is also set up to operate in a Virtual Airline set up as well.

FSC is more airline ops as I said, like FS Passengers, but better IMHO. Both AH2 and FSC are very well supported with great sepport from the developers. Both are good in their own right.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I did end up purchasing the early access, but unfortunately now getting an error while trying to activate. Kind of a bummer making a new purchase and being stalled at an activation screen, but I'm sure they'll sort it out shortly.

- Aaron

1 hour ago, slait said:

I did end up purchasing the early access, but unfortunately now getting an error while trying to activate. Kind of a bummer making a new purchase and being stalled at an activation screen, but I'm sure they'll sort it out shortly.

Slopey @AF2 will get you sorted. Have you posted on the EA forum ?

7 hours ago, slait said:

A quick post on the Just Flight forums should sort it. Slopey (the developer of Air Hauler) is usually very quick at responding to stuff and always very helpful.

Alan Bradbury