Sign in to follow this  
slait

Air hauler 2 experiences

I did although he seems to be pointing folks, who are also having this problem, to Justflight because it's an installer issue. I submitted a support form to them last night so hopefully I'll be running jobs before long.

- Aaron

Ok, I was being thick. Turns out the first screen on the install is asking where you bought version 1 of air hauler. I thought it was asking where I bought V2, which in hindsight was not very smart. I selected the option for other retailers, put in my serial code, and it installed without issue.

Nothing like a case of public dumbness...

• Upvote 1

- Aaron

52 minutes ago, slait said:

Ok, I was being thick. Turns out the first screen on the install is asking where you bought version 1 of air hauler. I thought it was asking where I bought V2, which in hindsight was not very smart. I selected the option for other retailers, put in my serial code, and it installed without issue.

Nothing like a case of public dumbness...

Lol. I did that the other day when updating it to the latest patch and sat there for a minute wondering what was up before going to install it again after realising what I'd done, so you are definitely not alone on that one.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted. Happy Hauling.

If you see Chock flying an Atlantic Bridge aeroplane somewhere around Europe on the AH2 radar, that'd be me. :cool:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'll keep an eye out for you. Of course given my track record it may take me a while before I've learned enough about the program to actually fly some routes. I'm getting it installed and learning that with complex aircraft it sounds like networked mode is recommended. So, I installed (again without issue selecting the right options) on my laptop and going through the setup. I'm interested in starting out with my TFDi 717, but I'm not sure I'll have the money.

Also, I'm not seeing a lot of info on networked mode in general and how to set everything up. I'm muddling through, but it doesn't look like that info has made it to the manual yet.

- Aaron

1 hour ago, slait said:

I'll keep an eye out for you. Of course given my track record it may take me a while before I've learned enough about the program to actually fly some routes. I'm getting it installed and learning that with complex aircraft it sounds like networked mode is recommended. So, I installed (again without issue selecting the right options) on my laptop and going through the setup. I'm interested in starting out with my TFDi 717, but I'm not sure I'll have the money.

Also, I'm not seeing a lot of info on networked mode in general and how to set everything up. I'm muddling through, but it doesn't look like that info has made it to the manual yet.

Start in an easy mode, sell the Constellation and then lease the 717 to get started on it, fly a few jobs and then buy it, also, you could hire a couple of pilots, lease another 717, get em certified on it and then they can fly one as well when you are not at your pc, do that enough and you will be able to buy out the leases.

Alan Bradbury

On 6/28/2017 at 6:01 PM, Chock said:

Start in an easy mode, sell the Constellation and then lease the 717 to get started on it, fly a few jobs and then buy it, also, you could hire a couple of pilots, lease another 717, get em certified on it and then they can fly one as well when you are not at your pc, do that enough and you will be able to buy out the leases.

OK, I'm underway with my type rating and completed the first ad hoc passenger flight. Made $34k from Denver to Phoenix! Just another $3.5M and I can pay for that first lease hehe. I'll likely take your advise though and lease a second aircraft and fill it with AI pilots.

My base is KDEN and there were some real wicked thunderboomers today which was great timing for my type rating test...

j5pethi.jpg

- Aaron

Been messing around with a design for a 'standard building' I could use as scenery for my bases in Air Hauler 2. I wanted something which looked a bit crappy, as though it might be an old air force warehouse or some such, purely because I figured that would look a bit more interesting than a modern building. It needed to be relatively small so I could add it to airports without it crashing into existing scenery, but big enough to feasibly hold some cargo in storage, and with entrances large enough to believably allow a folk lift truck to operate in and out of when carrying air freight ULDs. So this is that building:

VHm9udx.jpg

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Looking great! 

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Is it sad that I actually visited the Atlantic Bridge website and was disappointed that it's not linked to an Air Cargo company, lol. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 4L0M said:

Is it sad that I actually visited the Atlantic Bridge website and was disappointed that it's not linked to an Air Cargo company, lol. 

Lol. Well, I did think about knocking up a website for it, but then I figured it would be a bit of a wasted effort since it is a 'fantasy company' just to give me some reasons to fly to unusual places, so in the end I just stuck the fake web address on the building sign as you know. But it just goes to show how people will check stuff out. I did originally put my real phone number on the sign too, but changed it for the same reason, the number is pretty close to my real one, but not exact lol.

Alan Bradbury

Very nice job!

- Aaron

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 1:28 PM, slait said:

Very tempting with the upgrade price. Is this only available at Justflight at this point or is PC aviator selling it too?

Web link please. ..

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Web link please. ..

https://www.justflight.com/product/air-hauler-2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi all

New AH2 user, just finished my first flight, fruit from EGCB to EGHI. Started out in my warrior, nice flight down with real weather. After landing AH popped up to say park and shut down, which I did. AH then said to go back to AH for off load and results. Quit p3d and AH crashed without showing my flight as complete. Anyone else seen this? I know it is early access, just wondered if ther was a work around or way of editing your mission to show success.

Cheers
Chris