Sign in to follow this  
Jim Harnes

iFly 737NG for P3Dv4 Released

The P3Dv4 version (64-bit) of the iFly 737NG is now available at the Flight 1 iFly 737NG product page.

Best,

Jim Harnes

Nice will probably pick this up instead of the NGX.  Can't justify the price of the NGX and expansions.  Already bought it once. Not doing it again.

Matt Wilson

You know the upgrade for the NGX is free right?

2 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

You know the upgrade for the NGX is free right?

From FSX? Sure isn't.

Matt Wilson

20 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Nice will probably pick this up instead of the NGX.  Can't justify the price of the NGX and expansions.  Already bought it once. Not doing it again.

For 30$ more over the ifly737, the PMDG NGX is 200% worth it.. just saying.

• Upvote 3

Note that you can download a voucher to discount the price of the P3D V4 version of the iFly 737 if you have previously bought the FSX version, so it effectively means you can upgrade to P3D V4 from FSX for about 30 quid.

I won't deny that the PMDG 737 NG is undoubtedly very cool, but the apart from a collimated HUD, the iFly one does pretty much the same job and gives you all variants of the NG in that one package, whereas if you want numerous variants of the PMDG one, you have to pay a bit more on top of the base package, which is also more expensive, so it is quite a price difference between the two if you are going for several variants.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

From FSX? Sure isn't.

Oh you're still in FSX...yeah that's a bit of a price to pay.  But, looking at the pictures and videos of the IFLY, it seems worth the extra money to enjoy the graphics in the NGX.  I don't know about the flight characteristics of the IFLY bird, but the visuals don't look that great.  At least there's a working 737 in v4.  I'm going crazy waiting for PMDG to roll out the update.

Happy flying

It is running on my sim right now. I am looking into performance though, hopely it won't hurt too much,

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

8 minutes ago, CaptainLychock said:

For 30$ more over the ifly737, the PMDG NGX is 200% worth it.. just saying.

200% ? ouch way exaggerated... More like 5% (the PMDG has a few extra fuses you can "turn off') So, not much of a difference. If I really wanted the best 737 NXG sim, then I would buy a $3 million dollar simulator- not a $140.00 one. (just saying)

• Upvote 2

Nope,

Am getting a stutterfest. Hurray, bought the upgrade from FSX and this is the treat. Or my CPU is dying...

Strange PMDG 747 runs great and this is like.... stutter, I just hate the word. I guess 1st time refund needed from flight 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Was about to pull the trigger on this and then noticed this disclaimer on the Flight1 website:

IMPORTANT - This product is for home / academic use and is not licensed to be used for training, or any professional or commercial use. You can use this product as a basic familiarization aid that introduces you to the aircraft systems in a home / academic environment. If you wish to use this product in a commercial, flight school or academic training / classroom environment, please contact Airliner1 for options.

This is just for P3D Academic? Or am I reading too much into this?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Just FYI, if you are in the UK and you had the FSX one from Flight 1, if you download the 50 percent discount coupon and apply that, the P3D V4 version works out at about 25 quid, so not too painful a price to get nine variants of the NG in your 64 bit sim. By my reckoning that makes it less than three quid per variant.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just now, Chock said:

Just FYI, if you are in the UK and you had the FSX one from Flight 1, if you download the 50 percent discount coupon and apply that, the P3D V4 version works out at about 25 quid, so not too painful a price to get nine variants of the NG in your 64 bit sim.

Sadly FS2 Crew never made the jump to P3D with the iFly 737, so that's a big negative here at least.

16 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

Oh you're still in FSX...yeah that's a bit of a price to pay.  But, looking at the pictures and videos of the IFLY, it seems worth the extra money to enjoy the graphics in the NGX.  I don't know about the flight characteristics of the IFLY bird, but the visuals don't look that great.  At least there's a working 737 in v4.  I'm going crazy waiting for PMDG to roll out the update.

Happy flying

Ya I'm having NGX withdrawals pretty bad.  I'm hoping they do an update in the future to bring it up to date like the 747.  That aircraft is a masterpiece.  Then I will fork out the money.  

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Note that you can download a voucher to discount the price of the P3D V4 version of the iFly 737 if you have previously bought the FSX version, so it effectively means you can upgrade to P3D V4 from FSX for about 30 quid.

I won't deny that the PMDG 737 NG is undoubtedly very cool, but the apart from a collimated HUD, the iFly one does pretty much the same job and gives you all variants of the NG in that one package, whereas if you want numerous variants of the PMDG one, you have to pay a bit more on top of the base package, which is also more expensive, so it is quite a price difference between the two if you are going for several variants.

I haven't flown the FSX iFly since the day the NGX was released. If you're only getting one, spend the extra dollars and go with PMDG - it's a classic.

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."