Sign in to follow this  
Jim Harnes

iFly 737NG for P3Dv4 Released

58 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Was about to pull the trigger on this and then noticed this disclaimer on the Flight1 website:

IMPORTANT - This product is for home / academic use and is not licensed to be used for training, or any professional or commercial use. You can use this product as a basic familiarization aid that introduces you to the aircraft systems in a home / academic environment. If you wish to use this product in a commercial, flight school or academic training / classroom environment, please contact Airliner1 for options.

This is just for P3D Academic? Or am I reading too much into this?

I think your reading too much into it, it's just a standard legal disclaimer.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, CaptainLychock said:

For 30$ more over the ifly737, the PMDG NGX is 200% worth it.. just saying.

Nah it's not. try doing an RNP approach with the PMDG NG. Plus with the iFly you get all the 737 derivatives. It flies very well.

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

2 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Nice will probably pick this up instead of the NGX.  Can't justify the price of the NGX and expansions.  Already bought it once. Not doing it again.

Go waste money on the Ifly model. Not hurting anyone other then yourself when you complain about purchasing the PMDG bird for P3Dv4. FSX isnt P3D last time I checked.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

4 hours ago, joemiller said:

200% ? ouch way exaggerated... More like 5% (the PMDG has a few extra fuses you can "turn off') So, not much of a difference. If I really wanted the best 737 NXG sim, then I would buy a $3 million dollar simulator- not a $140.00 one. (just saying)

If you haven't checked already, the NGX is 89.99, you get what you pay for, 30$ difference isn't really much if you think about it. Oh and for the 200%, I was just tossing that out there. Quality just over cockpit screen shots is a no-brainer. -cheers

2 hours ago, cowpatz said:

Nah it's not. try doing an RNP approach with the PMDG NG. Plus with the iFly you get all the 737 derivatives. It flies very well.

Never had an issue doing any RNP..

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Note that you can download a voucher to discount the price of the P3D V4 version of the iFly 737 if you have previously bought the FSX version, so it effectively means you can upgrade to P3D V4 from FSX for about 30 quid.

I won't deny that the PMDG 737 NG is undoubtedly very cool, but the apart from a collimated HUD, the iFly one does pretty much the same job and gives you all variants of the NG in that one package, whereas if you want numerous variants of the PMDG one, you have to pay a bit more on top of the base package, which is also more expensive, so it is quite a price difference between the two if you are going for several variants.

Alan, I am kinda keen to pick this up. Couple questions if you don't mind. 

1. How is the geometry of the virtual cockpit compared to the PMDG NGX. I know many have said that the cockpit windows of the PMDG one are too big. Does iFly have it more accurate? 

2. Flight dynamics? On par with PMDG, is she a joy to hand fly? Autopilot with LNAV/VNAV accurate?

3. Accurate fuel burns? Would like to get this for the 900ER but if the fuel burn is say the same as the PMDG standard 900 model then it's not worth it to me. 

4. Is the FMC on part with the functionality of the PMDG one? 

Thank you 

Eric 

Well, if it flies like it does in FSX, then yes,it is an excellent simulation of the 737 NG with good flight dynamics, accurate fuel burns, lots of options via the P3D Add-on menu, an excellent simulation of the FMC and all that cool stuff one would want in a study sim 737, and particularly since it offers the entire NG range in the package. Given that I literally have just bought the thing for P3D and am curently flying it on LNAV and MCP altitude on an Air Hauler 2 flight in P3D V4 from Liverpool to Munster, I'm not yet in a position to absolutely swear to its fidelity though, but thus far, passing over DOLAS at 33,000 feet, it seems to be behaving itself and is as per its FSX incarnation, i.e. it seems as good as the FSX one.

I know some people pray at the 'Holy Church of PMDG' lol, and won't entertain the notion that anything will ever match PMDG's offerings, but in my opinion the only thing which really seperates the iFly 737 NG and the PMDG 737 NG (unless you are talking super nerdy accuracy, in which case the PMDG is a tiny bit better in some very small ways) is the collimated HUD in the PMDG 737 NG, which the iFly one does not possess, but then again, plenty of real NGs don't have a HUD either, so it's not a deal breaker for me personally, although others might differ in that opinion. That's not true of the iFly 747, which whilst undeniably very good, is of course roundly trounced by the truly groovy newer incarnation of the PMDG 747-400 for FSX, and given that is the case, it would not surprise me if the new PMDG 737 NG incarnation for P3D V4 ends up being better than this iFly one for P3D V4, but that is speculation on my part and in any case, I should hope it would be given the price difference.

I do have the FSX PMDG NG and had the original one too which was for FS9, and I've got the Ariane NG as well if it comes to that (bought that for both FS9 and FSX as well, as indeed I did with the iFly NG), so I guess I'm as nerdy as anyone when it comes to 737s since I will buy pretty much any 737 variant anyone cares to make for a flight simulator (and have done lol), so I will admit that, like most people, I originally bought the iFly 737 NG because it beat the PMDG one to release for FSX, which is also why I bought the Ariane one, cos that beat both of them to the draw for FSX. But I can honestly say that I do continue to fly my iFly FSX NG even though I have the PMDG one, because I found the iFly one is a bit kinder on frame rates in FSX, and as I said, there's not a lot between them as far as simulating the real NG goes, so where FSX is concerned, it being 32 bit, anything which could help prevent my computer from exploding or getting an OOM was welcome.

For me, this one was a bit of a no brainer purchase simply because of the price, because in having the FSX version and with Flight 1 offering a discount coupon for people who had that one, making this P3D V4 version just 25 quid with that discount, that is quite a bargain given it is actually including nine different aeroplanes variants. However, if the PMDG one for P3D V4 turns up soon, which one suspects it will, it'd perhaps not be such an easy decision for anyone not qualifying for that discount, because although dearer (but no longer by so much without the discount), and even with the caveat of the PMDG one not including as many variants unless one also buys an expansion, there is no denying that PMDG don't half seem to have a handle on getting things to perform well nowadays if their FSX 747-400 is anything to go by, because that thing runs brilliantly in FSX. And that being the case, I suspect they might have learned a thing or two which will be incorporated into their P3D V4 version of the NG, and then of course it would be the one which runs better, so it'd only be the fact that you get more variants which would make the iFly seem attractive, because the price difference would be fairly negligible for anyone who only wants to fly a couple of NG variants, since all of them seem cheap compared to the second mortgage you need to take out to buy the FSL A320 lol (and yeah, I bought that one too).

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Anybody know whether iFly's 747-400 will be made P3Dv4 compatible. I have the 32 bit version for P3D.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

3 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Anybody know whether iFly's 747-400 will be made P3Dv4 compatible. I have the 32 bit version for P3D.

Yes it will.

Just now, Greggy_D said:

Yes it will.

Great!

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

21 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, if it flies like it does in FSX, then yes,it is an excellent simulation of the 737 NG with good flight dynamics, accurate fuel burns, lots of options via the P3D Add-on menu, an excellent simulation of the FMC and all that cool stuff one would want in a study sim 737, and particularly since it offers the entire NG range in the package. Given that I literally have just bought the thing for P3D and am curently flying it on LNAV and MCP altitude on an Air Hauler 2 flight in P3D V4 from Liverpool to Munster, I'm not yet in a position to absolutely swear to its fidelity though, but thus far, passing over DOLAS at 33,000 feet, it seems to be behaving itself and is as per its FSX incarnation, i.e. it seems as good as the FSX one.

Thanks Alan, real quick, the geometry of the front windows of the iFly. Are they more accurate than the PMDG version as theirs has been shown to be bigger than what they really are. 

Eric 

1 hour ago, CaptainLychock said:

Never had an issue doing any RNP..

Not sure how you are doing them Captain because RF leg types are not supported. All that is happening is that it is just tracking between fixes.Try some of the tight radius approaches and you will see that it doesn't fly them well.

Hopefully this is something that PMDG will incorporate, the RF and AF leg types.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Whew! I'm still in FSX but you guys convince me to get my IFLY NG CD version out of moth balls and reinstall it . I have the FS2Crew for it and don't use the HUD in NGX much anyway because of the drifting head position using OPUS camera.

Vic green

4 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Go waste money on the Ifly model. Not hurting anyone other then yourself when you complain about purchasing the PMDG bird for P3Dv4. FSX isnt P3D last time I checked.

Calm down Peter.  The way I see it is I can buy the ifly and try it.  If I'm not satisfied I can return it within 30 days.  Then if money allows down the road I can purchase the NGX.  Not really hurting me at all is it?  

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

30 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Thanks Alan, real quick, the geometry of the front windows of the iFly. Are they more accurate than the PMDG version as theirs has been shown to be bigger than what they really are. 

To be honest, so long as they look alright on the external model, I can't say I'm really bothered about how the windows look in a VC unless they are very obviously wrong, because a flat 2D monitor is never going to be able to replicate what we really see with stereoscopic vision when sat in a real cockpit, so as long as they look reasonably okay to me and I can see the runway when landing, that does me just fine. If how they look to you is something which matters, all I can suggest is comparing screenshots of the two and seeing which one floats you boat. But if it helps you to decide, here are some screenshots from that first flight I tried just now, which incidentally I flew a manual approach on after getting the localiser to line me up at 10 miles, so I can at least confirm it flies okay by hand:

Prepar3D%202017-06-27%2001-23-28-36_zpsz

Prepar3D%202017-06-27%2001-24-22-00_zps4

Prepar3D%202017-06-27%2001-28-35-62_zps1

Prepar3D%202017-06-27%2001-31-18-27_zps0

Prepar3D%202017-06-27%2001-33-48-45_zpsc

Prepar3D%202017-06-27%2002-55-44-89_zps0

Prepar3D%202017-06-27%2003-07-27-32_zpsj

Prepar3D%202017-06-27%2003-08-46-48_zpse

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here