Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Moving Jetways - How important are they to you?

2 hours ago, nealmac said:

I like them too Ray, and I can see your point. It doesn't seem that difficult to add them, and there are more reasons to have them than not to have them. I accept the argument that they don't look "right" when they are connected, but if people are that worried about it, there's always the option not to connect them.

Having said that, non-moving jetways certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker if I was buying a payware airport. A small disappointment, yes, but as others have said, I'd be happier with an accurate layout and good frame rates.

I agree Neil that if I really wanted a particular airport the lack of jetways whilst a disappointment wouldn't stop me buying it.

But if FSDT in collaboration with GSX have designed jetways that integrate well with aircraft then it's only the lack of skill or effort from others to come up with them too. if they are going as far as pax inside terminal buildings then moving jetways should certainly be there.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

29 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

They're important and surely add immersion, but I have a dirty secret to share. Sometimes I forget to CTRL+J on pushback. :blink:

You're not alone Jacek! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Especially since I think that AES Credit system is the biggest rip off I've ever seen in flight simming scenery add-ons (and that includes Ariane lol), I can't believe anyone bought into the idea.

Perhaps Oliver has retired given I have personally paid over £100 over the years for AES credits. I know it's a lot of work but the cost per airport is very nigh. It did add a lot to the realism around the airport though.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I like them but the animation is so lousy that it actually does more damage to the immersive experience than good.

Sometime ago I got Heathrow HD from Aerosoft.  It has very nice scenery and nice gates, but the gates didn't move.  I went on their support page and they had a fix for the issue.  I downloaded the fix and now the gates work.  Maybe they have a fix for your airport.

Gnacino

5 minutes ago, Gnacino said:

Sometime ago I got Heathrow HD from Aerosoft.  It has very nice scenery and nice gates, but the gates didn't move.  I went on their support page and they had a fix for the issue.  I downloaded the fix and now the gates work.  Maybe they have a fix for your airport.

Gnacino

From reading Ray's posts on the Aerosoft forums it seems he's primarily concerned with Aerosoft's Dublin Airport, and no, there is no "fix". Mathijs himself has said that the exclusion of moving jetways in Dublin (and other Aerosoft titles) was intentional.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is that really the case that they are fps/VAS hogs?

I dunno about being hogs, but when they're reaching the limit they set for VAS consumption, something has to go.  Anyway, that's what THEY told me, I never validated it.  If true, it wouldn't really come into play with a 64-bit sim, just the 32 bit ones.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I dunno about being hogs, but when they're reaching the limit they set for VAS consumption, something has to go.  Anyway, that's what THEY told me, I never validated it.  If true, it wouldn't really come into play with a 64-bit sim, just the 32 bit ones.

Thanks Dave. A good plan is not to get anywhere near your VAS limit especially when departing an airport. The landing probably won't go well.

Anyway, I have Aerosoft Oslo v1 and v2 is available but after my discussion with Mathijs at Aerosoft I asked how many animated jetways Oslo v2 had. The developer replied saying All of them! Those are SODE enabled so should look and work a lot better than the CTRL+J ones.

Maybe Aerosoft are finally working out that when people buy 3rd party airports they want animated jetways. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For me, moving jetways are the only reason I keep on trying to run FSX in my 13" laptop with Intel IGP...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I like them, as they tend to add a little bit of realism. I have 3 dedicated switches on a side panel. (1) door open/close , (2) Airstairs in/out (3) Airbridge dock/undock. Used mainly for my 737-8 NGX.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

As it is a feature of FSX / P3D, I would say important. There are many ways to move them (Default, SODE and so on), so there is absolutely no excuse for not doing this. 

For me it adds a little bit of immersion. 

• Upvote 1

Philipp Schwaegerl

I have never used animated jetways, but any extra details to improve immersion and realism are always welcome. I start all of my flights ready for pushback with the engines running, and this is in aircraft like the PMDG 737NGX and 747-400. However, I do not fly my planes like real world airliner captains (low and slow VFR flights; yes....in complex payware airliners), so animated jetways are very much an optional extra as far as I am concerned.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I love both the jet ways and deicing in winter  with fsdt. Great to see them in motion during  a lengthy preflight. All a part of the journey with my pmdg stuff 

ZORAN

I couldn't care less about JetWays. My aim is to simulate flight operations so i don't care about ground at all other than correct taxiways and proper gates for my aircraft type.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11